European Soccer Tourney Qualifying

After 120 minutes of Football and one red card (showed to an Italian player, Rossi), its all tied up in the Italy-Portugal match which will determine the last UEFA qualifier for Beijing.

Shame I can't see the game.

I'm pleased that Italy won that playoff game. I thought they were an excellent side and we were pretty damn lucky against them in the group game.

I hope Holland win the final, primarily because I couldn't stomach Serbia winning it after what happened last Sunday.

If we had every year a chance to go to the Olympics, perhaps. But with us it's either go to the OG and do as bad as possible or not going at all... <_<

This to say that I couldn't care less if we got to the final and win the European title. I wanted them to qualify for Beijing before anything... Now they'll be sucking on their thumbs, and regretting they lost their Olympic chance forever.

Bravi!

I'm very pleased they won the access to Beijing, they absolutely deserve it.. the U21 used to give us many satisfactions in tha past.

and this is our first national team qualified for 2008.

btw it will quite impossible to equal the record in athens with the cool 8 national teams qualified (Basket, Volley, Football, Polo, Baseball, Softball and Beachvolley) as the softball team lose against Holland the right to qualifie for the next games.

Beijing we are coming... ^_^

Delighted that Holland stuffed Serbia 4-1 in tonight's final. Perhaps it should have been us there instead of them, but at least the bigots among the Serbian support from last Sunday saw their side get hammered.

Congratulations to The Netherlands for securing two European titles in two years, when at these below-senior categories they never had won anything.

Can't say they had a tough road to get there, with teams like France, Spain and Germany out of the final tournament, and others like Portugal and Italy ruining their own chances in the first two games.

Anyway, at least they had the pleasure of winning on home soil with their supporters (thank them for the new attendance record).

Congratulations to The Netherlands for securing two European titles in two years, when at these below-senior categories they never had won anything.

Can't say they had a tough road to get there, with teams like France, Spain and Germany out of the final tournament, and others like Portugal and Italy ruining their own chances in the first two games.

Anyway, at least they had the pleasure of winning on home soil with their supporters (thank them for the new attendance record).

bitter much

Bitter? Did I lie in that post? I wonder what tournament we'd have if all those "regular" teams had been there, and the ones that were (beating those "giants") had played as good as in the qualifiers. Maybe The Netherlands would've have won again, maybe not. A guessing exercise.

Anyway, if I'm bitter it's because of my team's failure, as I've said in other posts. I don't blame the Dutch for playing better and winning... and, of course, having their lucky star with them.

Case closed. See you in Sweden.