Cgc Ceo Lashes Out At Gamesbids.com On Halifax Demise...

To the contrary, CGC was fully engaged every step of the way, from the domestic selection process – which was more rigorous and transparent than ever before – through every stage of the international bid until funding was abruptly cut off in early March.

Bullcrap! It's well known CGC has pro Halifax committee members during the domestic bid.

Maybe I'm dense, but I couldn't see any particular point he was refuting. Just a general whinge that anyone could dare throw citicism at them. Jeez, reading it, it's like they're still trying to defend Halifax as a credible choice!

Maybe I'm dense, but I couldn't see any particular point he was refuting. Just a general whinge that anyone could dare throw citicism at them. Jeez, reading it, it's like they're still trying to defend Halifax as a credible choice!

Well, as I keep saying about Calgary's case, the city is in the middle of an "image overhaul." The last thing the city needs to worry right now is to hastily build new sports venues for Games that is questionable in logistics in any way. In fact, it is dealing with its existing 1988 Winter Olympics facilities right now in certain stages. It is just one big construction zone, with the need of more roads, LRT lines, schools, office towers, houses... etc.

As for what the CGC has to say: talk about a not-well-thought response to you, Rob. And, to think, the COC is rather mute on the subject. What I mean about that is, when Canadian summer Olympians are in "dire need" to have quality venues to prepare for upcoming Olympic Games, like Beijing 2008, there was some merit in wanting such venues to be placed in a city like Halifax. Maybe it was chosen because of the current overall situation of the Maritimes, as opposed to other Canadian regions. That is not I think personally was the problem. I think, just as Rob said, is that the supporters were not ready for the reality of going for something, like the Commonwealth Games. When a bid is forwarded to the world on a Games of such scale, one has to be prepared to face the criticisms that will come afterward. My guess is that they were completely off-guard from the start and never recovered. I think there should be an internal review of the CGC and its leadership.

basically Thomas Jones is in no way related to me but I will say the man cant seem to get it .

Nova Scotia and the HRM saw thru the dog and pony show from Upper Canada and realized that they could not afford

a commonwealth games. MR Thomas Jones has writing letters to the editor in Halifax newspapers since the withdrawn with these rantings about how we were not authorized by the Federation in London. Well sorry to say Thomas Jones we dont give a rats ass for the federation or those who would push us collectively over a cliff like you would like to do for your silly hobby.

MR thomas jones please leave the house called nova scotia and dont let the door hit you in the ass when you leave.

the province is now building sport venues across the province which will serve amateur athletes not elite athletes we would get to see for 10 days and at a 2 billion dollar price tag.

Rob the politics behind the so called domestic bid selection is the root of the failure and MR Thomas Jones and the other "Simpsons"monorail salesmen have their finger prints all over that decision.

Jim Jones

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Sorry, where are the facilities again?

outside the bounds of the HRM in towns that are able to afford them . a soccer complex in both bridgewater and stellarton, a tartan track at acadia university among others. We dont need a CFL stadium in nova scotia. amateur youth athletics is more servers with the commonwealth games the with a commonwealth games. Not many kids go on to Lawn bowls careers in Canada.

jim jones

Archived