2016 Bid Process Launched By Ioc

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I never said an announcement will come, just that info, if any, will likely begin to leak out after under 20.

Oh ok, that's how I took it. So will we just hear news that the city counsellors will be pushing the Mayor to get behind a Toronto Olympics bid?

Oh ok, that's how I took it. So will we just hear news that the city counsellors will be pushing the Mayor to get behind a Toronto Olympics bid?

The only way I see this getting leaked is if Mayor Miller is warming up to the idea, and my source doesnt go that deep.

The only way I see this getting leaked is if Mayor Miller is warming up to the idea, and my source doesnt go that deep.

You were right Techno, a press release about Toronto's Olympic aspirations was released today. Good call on your part!!

I was in Guatemala City and it was CRAZY!! What a scene.....I have heard rumors of Toronto as well as Montreal putting in bids. I seriously doubt Montreal (if they are smart that is) will bid....it took them something like 30 years to pay off 1976, and memories up there are long.

September 13th, 2007: the deadline date for all interested NOCs and their applicant cities to make their intentions known to the IOC, to begin the race for the 2016 Olympic Games; the Games of the XXXIst Olympiad.

Link: IOC: With The 2014 Election Over, All Eyes Turn To 2016

header_uk.jpg

September 13th, 2007: the deadline date for all interested NOCs and their applicant cities to make their intentions known to the IOC, to begin the race for the 2016 Olympic Games; the Games of the XXXIst Olympiad.

Link: IOC: With The 2014 Election Over, All Eyes Turn To 2016

header_uk.jpg

Or how the IOC creates buzz about information that have been posted on the web site for weeks ;)

Well, looks like one of our 2016 cities was failed to be mentioned at Guatemala City:

Article:

OLYMPICS The Czech Olympic Committee (ČOV) has again confirmed that it will bid to host the 2016 Summer Games in Prague. ČOV Vice Chairman Jiří Zedníček released the statement this month after the International Olympic Committee Chairman Jacques Rogge failed to mention Prague as a candidate city at a recent IOC meeting in Guatemala.

Archived