New London 2012 Brand On June 4

I hope not -- they just can't do another "passion" slogan, especially so shortly after the Torino Games. I rather guess that passion is one of four "pillars" of the London Games. And the slogan will sum those four pillars up.

However, that guessing game is a great idea of LOCOG to boost the excitement.

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah it doesn't really give away much in the clip.

I reckon it's a brand/look that took inspiration from the 'common/ everyday's life people' and represent the passion inside every one of us, no matter big or small.

My initial though it was going to be 4 separate words working together

ie: Passion Belief Unity Endevour

But its a bit done to death and old hat, Im hoping for greater things from Wolf Ollins, something ground breaking.

I think they have pulled a blinder here. Its so innovative in the olympics, I know other brands have used similar media to tease people but this is excellent. Sending out the personalised emails to people registered with them is such a nice idea, it make you feel part of it, makes me proud I tell u that. I just hope it lives up to it.

Do we know where the big launch is happening?

I thought I could see references to Olympic sports in that woman dancing in poses,

Then I realized it was the wrong video.

After all this it will every interesting to see the logo,

What I’m wondering is, there must be some big event that will be a complete surprise on Monday

After it appears on the internet.

Why all the big fuss? For one, why bother having a logo for an event noone in the UK wants, and why bother having one for an event that by the time it starts it won't be in London, because they'll be somewhere else.

I thought I could see references to Olympic sports in that woman dancing in poses,

Then I realized it was the wrong video.

After all this it will every interesting to see the logo,

What I’m wondering is, there must be some big event that will be a complete surprise on Monday

After it appears on the internet.

There'll be an unveling with an audience of celebrities and VIPs. I don't know whether it'll be broadcast on BBC or anything.

Link

Im in the UK and I want it. U obviously dont understand the English mentality, we will bitch and complain about it right up until the opening ceremony and then will will think its the best thing since sliced bread the public will get behind it as a national pride thing and give the world the greatest games ever. Thats how we work here.

Anyway more important things, cant get the 3rd clue yet, Im thinking its to do with timebank or another participation site, I will keep looking ; )

There'll be an unveling with an audience of celebrities and VIPs. I don't know whether it'll be broadcast on BBC or anything.

Link

I’m sure we will see that on the news, but we will have already seen the logo any way,

Strangely that blog mentions the apple logo, for some reason I’m imagining the Olympic logo to have an element of complexity.

Archived