New London 2012 Brand On June 4

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply
New London 2012 Brand June 4

Anybody who can scoop the logo here before anywhere else (just like JDPinstripes for Beijing 2008) will win a bunch of prizes!

I'm guessing that the new logo etc will be put on this website first. Its the Intelectual Property Office website for the UK....I think this is where all applications for new logos and trademarks are registered. I found the London 2012 bid logo on here before it was officially launched....it was only put on this site about an hour before the official press launch though.

IPO Website

Finally, a new brand, which means that it's almost 100% probable that the logo and perhaps the slogan will be unveiled (along with a new design of the website). Personally, i like the actual logo, and i hope that they use the same text font for the next one (based on the traditional Underground signs at the city). The designers, Wolff Olins, are the same one who did the Athens 2004 logo (along with others like Movistar, Suez, Tate, etc.) They took arround one year and three months making the new logo, since they were announced as the once who would make it at March 2006.

I don't really like the idea of scooping, i prefer to wait until the official announcement, or it will lose it's emotion. But anyway, ''live and let die''.

• 2 weeks later...

I would also like to see them use the same font / text from the bid logo. Hell, I wouldn't mind seeing those colorful ribbons, representing the Thames, show up in London's Look and Image.

I'm expecting (and hoping) for something classy, yet modern and fresh. Oy, I can't wait!

has someone seen "children of men" ???

Clive Owen is wearing a old London 2012 shirt (since the movie is playing in 2027)

unfortunally the shirt is old and washed out, and so i wasn´t able to see the 2012 Logo ;)

I saw children of men, I think I remember that, it was an ok film very Terry Nation.

Im going to hang on to my original fleece, to make sure no one rips it of my back in the excitment.

OK, so we heard before that the logo is designed to appeal to the young; as one of the stated aims of the games is to get young people fit. So, which current brands appeal to that market and what do their logos/fonts/colours etc. look like?

I’m expecting something with a modicum of originality.

lets hope so! it's all quiet on the launch front - has anyone heard if it is going ahead on june 4th and if so where it will be launched?

Archived