2014 Bid Books

So they are due tomorrow - I guess when found to post links here?

I'm going to predict something here - we wont see the Abuja book until the CGF posts it on their site.

Check the Glasgow 2014 site at 2:00pm local Glasgow time on Wednesday. The link will be there, and of course, on GB.

So they are due tomorrow - I guess when found to post links here?

I'm going to predict something here - we wont see the Abuja book until the CGF posts it on their site.

Talked to members of the Abuja committee and they are pumped . The bid has been received well by many places that will Surprize people outside of the African continent. The Corporate Sponsorship is now coming in and A 400 million dollar arts center which will be involved is under construction . The former President laid the first stone on the LRT system that will be from the airport to stadium to city Centre and all major points will be completed in 4 years. 800 million us plus is quite an enhancement to transportation infrastructure for the bid. With that type of massive development we are looking at a possible run at the olympics in the future depending on the commonwealth games bid.

Jim Jones

Will you be doing a bid index on them?

There will be no Commonwealth Games BidIndex. It took years to develop the Olympic BidIndex - lots of research was involved. It is much more difficult to get historical data on Commonwealth Games Bids.

Perhaps we'll rate them another way though sometime before the election.

Anyone having trouble downloading Glasgow's book? It's taking forever to get any part of it downloaded on my comp, I HATE IT!!!

Talked to members of the Abuja committee and they are pumped . The bid has been received well by many places that will Surprize people outside of the African continent. The Corporate Sponsorship is now coming in and A 400 million dollar arts center which will be involved is under construction . The former President laid the first stone on the LRT system that will be from the airport to stadium to city Centre and all major points will be completed in 4 years. 800 million us plus is quite an enhancement to transportation infrastructure for the bid. With that type of massive development we are looking at a possible run at the olympics in the future depending on the commonwealth games bid.

Jim Jones

jim - this rhetoric has been repeated ad-nauseum in the other Abuja topic.

Unless this has something to do with the topic being discussed - in this case delivery of the bid books - keep this information to the relevant area or I will reach through the phone lines and wring your fucking neck.

jim - this rhetoric has been repeated ad-nauseum in the other Abuja topic.

Unless this has something to do with the topic being discussed - in this case delivery of the bid books - keep this information to the relevant area or I will reach through the phone lines and wring your fucking neck.

Here is the difference for athletic training allowance and it is telling http://www.theherald.co.uk/news/other/disp...1387494.0.0.php

seems Abuja 2014 is offering 62500 pounds for any commonwealth nation showing up to an Abuja hosted games which is

125,000 us dollars . That would match New Delhi's winning bid with inflation

Glasgow only matches New Delhi 2003 bid training allowance but on a per need basis.

So economically speaking what should be Glasgow's base of support is being asked to fore go 125,000 dollars US and pay for the training for a Glasgow hosted games. Considering the Canadain Olympic Committee has very little involvement with commonwealth games efforts for sending athletes and the man date is olympics and pan american games . The Canadian vote will probably go Abuja's way as well as places like the Falkland Islands and St Helena which are British dependancies LOL.

Ecomonics , Facilities and the ability to gauge what would trump the Glasgow bid for a training package firmly has glasgow in the hole without a counter offer.

Jim jones

Here is the difference for athletic training allowance and it is telling http://www.theherald.co.uk/news/other/disp...1387494.0.0.php

seems Abuja 2014 is offering 62500 pounds for any commonwealth nation showing up to an Abuja hosted games which is

125,000 us dollars . That would match New Delhi's winning bid with inflation

Glasgow only matches New Delhi 2003 bid training allowance but on a per need basis.

So economically speaking what should be Glasgow's base of support is being asked to fore go 125,000 dollars US and pay for the training for a Glasgow hosted games. Considering the Canadain Olympic Committee has very little involvement with commonwealth games efforts for sending athletes and the man date is olympics and pan american games . The Canadian vote will probably go Abuja's way as well as places like the Falkland Islands and St Helena which are British dependancies LOL.

Ecomonics , Facilities and the ability to gauge what would trump the Glasgow bid for a training package firmly has glasgow in the hole without a counter offer.

Jim jones

Yip, it makes loads of sense for a blanket distribution of funds. Nigeria is giving all countries - including the big, wealthy ones - the grant - whereas Glasgow is proposing a system whereby the money is given on a case by case basis - to the ones who need it most.

I know which one makes most sense to me.

great bid books..im impressed.

so Mo compare please . i know you are South African and have a pretty middle of the road stance to this .

I am actually surprized at the 125,000 dollar per nation deal but actually not surprized in ways. Glasgow either A. taking for granted that they would win on the cheap B. underestimate the Abuja committee C. dont have the financial resources.

The means test really smacks of cheapness and a huge ego that the commonwealth should come hat in hand to glasgow for less money. With the bids frozen to after the voting Abuja is clearly in the drivers seat.

jim jones

Yip, it makes loads of sense for a blanket distribution of funds. Nigeria is giving all countries - including the big, wealthy ones - the grant - whereas Glasgow is proposing a system whereby the money is given on a case by case basis - to the ones who need it most.

I know which one makes most sense to me.

well politically speaking Glasgows move is a huge error in Judgement. A country like Canada which I am from has a GDP of about 32000 dollar per capita which is on pare with Singapore or Great Britian. In Canada however you have athletes and sports bodies constantly crying for funding or the lack of it. The Canadian Olympic association would have no brain process in deciding to choose Abuja for the money compared to being punished by Glasgow.

commonwealth countries of the America's would have to view Glasgows offer as too little and not fair for having to be submitted to a means test. funding training for the commonwealth games helped with preparations for the Pan Am games the next year and the summer olympics two years after a commonwealth games.Guyana is sending 6 athletes to the 2007 rio games this year . 125,000 us is about 6 times GDP per capita for Guyana per athlete for 6 athletes.

More money equals more votes and without a means test the Abuja committee is not alienating anyone because of economic means either rich or poor.

jim jones

So how do you respond to Derek Phillips' comments which have been raised elsewhere in which he says the chances of Abuja actually paying any of the money promised is remote?

So how do you respond to Derek Phillips' comments which have been raised elsewhere in which he says the chances of Abuja actually paying any of the money promised is remote?

I respond to it as part of Business as usual of Glasgow the victim on one hand with that bad old halifax to a proxy puiblic relation smear conducted by special interests in Glasgow who clearly have their pants down around their ackles LOL.

Th nigerians will pay for their very public commitment after all 8 million us is nothing when you just off your foreign debt bills to the paris club , london club and you outstanding oil warrants on the london stock exchange.

Gee i wonder if this Derek Phillips person could possibility sort out the mess of a scottish election that had 100,00 ballots spoiled.

and Before we start the crap about nigerian elections again no country scotland or nigeria holds the high bround on that issue .

jim jones

I'm not talking about elections. That is irrelevant. However, the comments made by someone who held a very senior position within the team for Abuja's All-Africa Games has raised some very significant and serious questions about the city's readiness to host and their ability to back up what they say with deeds. For you to dismiss it as you have just sums you up perfectly.

I'm not talking about elections. That is irrelevant. However, the comments made by someone who held a very senior position within the team for Abuja's All-Africa Games has raised some very significant and serious questions about the city's readiness to host and their ability to back up what they say with deeds. For you to dismiss it as you have just sums you up perfectly.

and could it not be raised that the last time Scotland hosted the commonwealth games it went in the hole 5 million pounds, had a boycott of all the Asian,African and Caribbean countries over Great Britians stand on South African white rule? with fewer athletes you would think the expenses would be lower and thus the possibility of profit greater afterall many of the 1986 commonwealth games venues were mere retreads from the 1970 commonwealth games. Not much in capital expense for those games yet weather was a factor blamed by that committee . So what is in the glasgow 2014 bid book to repeat this weather stuff in Glasgow

Oh i get it more people live in glasgow and that equals more hot air and thus less rain LOL

Problem for Glasgow is the more it cries victim the better the case grows for Abuja. Now we have the story in the scottish press about the minister of sports for Nigeria stating about crime in Glasgow.

I say like a freeze is imposed on the bids . The freeze should also go on the press for waging a proxy smear campaign

these are afterall supposed to be the friendly games LOL. Smear is the order of the day with this affair.

To me until you can actually have a solid business case where you can both provide facilities that are up to the standard demanded and make a profit then you really should not be in the game. Scotland has had two kicks at the can for that and now ti is time for a new approach.

jim jones

great bid books..im impressed.

you know what impresses me about the bid books Mo Rush that the Abuja 2014 committee is so disorganized that they split the bid book online into the required 16 sections while the Glasgow 2014 committee has you cram your bandwidth and computer resources trying to download a 600 page document

Gee who could believe the Abuja committee was so logical and user friendly just like the commonwealth games

ROTFLMAO

Jim Jones

Jim you're a dumba$$, the COC doesn't bid, the Canadian Commonwealth Games Committee does.

and who holds the finances on athletics in Canada ? Sports Canada and the Olympic Committee. summer sports are a second priority for Canada and the commonwealth games are really nowheres on our radar scope with sports that Don't even register here.

It is like the athletics association of England whom at one point was not going to allow their athletes to go to Melbourne 2006.

the focus for COC is olympics and Pan am games not events dominated by sports that are not in the olympics like lawn bowls , netball and rugby sevens .

Why would we put tax dollars into sending athletes to Scotland when Nigeria is willing to pay us more then Scotland's upper limit for a country that passes their means test as a poor needy nation ?????

Glasgow 2014 might as well be wearing a sign on their back say "kick me"

LOL

Jim Jones

Abuja's bid book?

Is it on the internet?

I need a good laugh.

Yes and i will not politely call you a dumb ass at all. It is on the Abuja 2014 site in 16 easy Downloadable PDF files compared to a 600 page Glasgow 2014 bid PDF .

I am actually very impressed with the people who authored the bid , An American, A couple of Greeks , a Frenchmen and some people from Spain in addition to the Nigerians and a man from Senegal . Gee you don't suppose that this Senegal man has any connection to the president of the IAAF Lamine Diack who happens to be from Senegal, a nation that considers Abuja 2014 to be Africa's bid for the commonwealth games .

I cant believe they didnt hire that Derek guy who worked from them on them for the all-african games LOL.

Gee I wonder if the Abujian had of hired him if he would be talking about smack about Nigeria ????? Probably not

Jim Jones

I say like a freeze is imposed on the bids . The freeze should also go on the press for waging a proxy smear campaign

these are afterall supposed to be the friendly games LOL. Smear is the order of the day with this affair.

To me until you can actually have a solid business case where you can both provide facilities that are up to the standard demanded and make a profit then you really should not be in the game. Scotland has had two kicks at the can for that and now ti is time for a new approach.

So for a senior official at the All Africas to raise fundamental questions is a "smear", is it? That is pathetic. Almost as pathetic as your pitiful argument that Glasgow doesn't have the venues. The bid book is clear. You clearly haven't read it, otherwise the penny might have dropped with you. Don't worry, I'm not holding my breath.

Archived