Gossips On The Touch Relay

A few gossips I heard when I chat with my firends in China... (Just gossips, anyway):

1. The touch doesn't go to Tokyo because Tokyo is going to bid the 2016 and seems that China doesn't want Tokyo to promote their bid when the touch visits Japan, esp when the mayor of Tokyo is well-known for his attitude of rationalizing the Japanese war-crime during the WWII.

2. Some guess the touch visit Pakistan, North Korea and Vietnam because they are all "friendly countries" of China. Too sad Cuba is not on the list.

3. The touch will go to North Korea directly from South Korea. Seems that Beijing want to use this rare chance to help promoting peace between the two Korea. China is one of very few states which keep good friendship with both South and North Korea.

4. The touch goes to Taipei from Vietnam and then leaving Taipei to Hong Kong. This arragement can keep both Mainland China and Taiwan happy.

5. Dar es Salaam is chosen because it was the first sub-Sahara place that Chinese reached in history (the earlieat Chinese record for Chinese to reach Dar es Salaam was in mid-15th ceuntry).

6. In Mainland China, the points chosen are mostly: A) Big and important cities, eg Shanghai; B) Historical sites, eg Dunhuang; C) Cities of mayor ethnic groups in China, eg Wuzhishan(Li), Baise(Zhuang), Lhasa(Tibetan), Kashi (Urgur), Yinchuan (Hui/Muslim), Ordos (Mongolian), Yanji(Korean) ; D) "Revoltary Historical Sites" of the CCP eg. Ruijin and Zunyi; D) Well-known tourist sites, eg, Guilin.

7. Some spelling of places in China is not common, but indeed very famous. For example, "Xamgyi'nyilha" is "Shangri-la". But the Chinese government doesn't use Shangri-la because it's a westernized name. They use Xamgyi'nyilha to replace. Xamgyi'nyilha is the transcription of the name in Tibetan language.

Yes, to choose Nagano could be also recognized as the statement like' look Japan, if you do not admit the crime you committed in WWII, the ending of Nagano would come to you again' lol

You are right, but that doesn't mean China only prefers the ' friends', such as Indonisia and Turkey this kind of anti-China enemies also on the list. You could see China is trying to embrace them as Jesus. at least for the gor.

That's the perfect plan and also the first in the history

Yes, very clever. I like it.

I do not know, but that's good for the Africa. where is the highest mount of AFRICA by the way?

that's not the gossips, that's the principle everybody knows.

that's not important at all.

lol....LOVE ST.PETERSBURG.

Yes, to choose Nagano could be also recognized as the statement like' look Japan, if you do not admit the crime you committed in WWII, the ending of Nagano would come to you again' lol

Huh? What are you talking about? Aren't you confusing Nagano with Nagasaki instead?

The stop in St. Petersburg is obviously a slap at Moscow and Putin.

5. Dar es Salaam is chosen because it was the first sub-Sahara place that Chinese reached in history (the earlieat Chinese record for Chinese to reach Dar es Salaam was in mid-15th ceuntry).

I was wondering why Dar es Salaam was chosen

i could understand some of you don't like the route.Manybe you think some cities shouldn't on the route list,or don't know why choose some cities.

Some Chinese people may have the same feeling and standpoint.

i think China want to bring Olympic flame to many new place,new cities.Because people all over the world need the Olympic sprite,share the Olympic flame.

The people of these cities also hope they could see the Olympic torch relay.

1. The touch doesn't go to Tokyo because Tokyo is going to bid the 2016 and seems that China doesn't want Tokyo to promote their bid when the touch visits Japan, esp when the mayor of Tokyo is well-known for his attitude of rationalizing the Japanese war-crime during the WWII.

3. The touch will go to North Korea directly from South Korea. Seems that Beijing want to use this rare chance to help promoting peace between the two Korea. China is one of very few states which keep good friendship with both South and North Korea.

4. The touch goes to Taipei from Vietnam and then leaving Taipei to Hong Kong. This arragement can keep both Mainland China and Taiwan happy.

About 1 point:

Tokyo is going to bid the 2016 is the most important point.And also Tokyo and Nagano are both Olympic cities of Japan.Choosing Nagano is a clever way.

About 3 point:

China is one of very few states which keep good friendship with both South and North Korea.That's true.The two Korea's relationship is very important for China.

About 4 point:

That's really a clever way keep both Mainland China and Taiwan happy.China mainland could deem that's the first station in China.And so-called president Chen Shui-bian and his silly colleagues could think that's the last station of "International Route".

Interesting enough, today the Hong Kong newspaper said that the hometown (Jixi of Auhui Province) of the present Chinese president is also inculded in the Touch Relay, which is a very unknown town before President Hu became the No.1 man in China.

It makes me laugh so hard! LOOOOOOOOOOOOL!

Interesting enough, today the Hong Kong newspaper said that the hometown (Jixi of Auhui Province) of the present Chinese president is also inculded in the Touch Relay, which is a very unknown town before President Hu became the No.1 man in China.

It makes me laugh so hard! LOOOOOOOOOOOOL!

me toooooooooo

i think that's not a good thing.

We still have some detial points to discuss.

It will more clearly in this way :rolleyes:

Dear I am very excited about torch relay in Islamabad, but there is a lot of time ............................2008, Oh my God, I have to wait lot much.

Thanks for your friendship,

I am still unhappy for torch route (except Islamabad's part of relay heheheh), route is very confusing, very complicated and busy. And the most foolish part of the relay is ATHENS TO BEIJING NON-STOP FLIGHT OF FLAME.

I hope they will unveal uniform of torch bearer's soon.

Taiwan rejected the torch relay route is an extremely stupid discision. shame on those Taiwanese politians

YES,THAT'S TRUE!

hope it will be handled soon.

Infact all the Chinese people each side are all hope the Olympic flame could visit Taiwan.

The major of Taipei Hao Longbin has already had a torch relay plan before the route unveiling.And all the people in Taipei are expecting the flame.it's the same feeling as they expect Chinese mainland panda could live in Taiwan.But the same moron made the same silly decision.

Those so-called Taiwanese politians.You could see their ugly faces on TV.

Hi!

I hope they still bring the TORCH to TAIWAN. They might have bitter historical struggles with each other. But in the spirit of camaraderie and goodwill, I believe that is the next best thing to do!

Hi to my friends XU WEN TING, BLUEVIEW, and BARON PIERRE. I am back!

MCRHON

According to media in Mainland China and Taiwan, a modified route will be proposed by the Beijing Organizing Committee. The proposal is:

North Korea >> Taipei >> Hong Kong>> Macau >> Viet Nam

In the original proposal after Taipei the torch will visit Hong Kong and Macau, then start the journey in Mainland China. It made Taipei unhappy because it seems to put Taipei as the first stop of the China journey. Taipei said the torch should be "come and leave from a 3rd party". However Mainland China cannot accept this as it break the bottom line of the Mainland China government.

In the modified proposal, Taipei will be "grouped" with Hong Kong and Macau (both HK and Macau have their own NOC), but these three places will be "seperated" from the torch journey in Mainland China. It gives Taipei a space to keep the distance from the real "China's journey", while Mainland China can still view it as a boarder sense of "China's journey" as it is grouped with HK and Macau. It gives the space for both sides to "interpret according to self-understanding", in order to make both sides happy.

However, it is said that the proposal will not officially announced until it is approved by the Chinese Taipei NOC. If Chinese Taipei NOC still not accept it, then the Beijing Olympic Organizing COmmittee may simply skip Taipei. After all, it was Taipei who first required to take part in the torch relay, but not Beijing's will to put Taipei into the list.

According to media in Mainland China and Taiwan, a modified route will be proposed by the Beijing Organizing Committee. The proposal is:

However, it is said that the proposal will not officially announced until it is approved by the Chinese Taipei NOC. If Chinese Taipei NOC still not accept it, then the Beijing Olympic Organizing COmmittee may simply skip Taipei. After all, it was Taipei who first required to take part in the torch relay, but not Beijing's will to put Taipei into the list.

im sure BOCOG skip Taipei.

Chen Shui-Bian and Lv Xiulian wont like this route.

Their heads are full of independence of Taiwan.

But do remember:

it was Taipei who first required to take part in the torch relay, but not Beijing's will to put Taipei into the list.

That's important for the world and the Chinese people in Taiwan who expecting the flame to Taiwan.

Who wants to have a Gamebids party in San Francisco ehen the OTR hits town

Ummm... that would do, except I might put Hong Kong before Taipei. Inclusive of China, but still independent of China. I think this would satisfy a good number of people.

In the original proposal after Taipei the torch will visit Hong Kong and Macau, then start the journey in Mainland China. It made Taipei unhappy because it seems to put Taipei as the first stop of the China journey. Taipei said the torch should be "come and leave from a 3rd party". However Mainland China cannot accept this as it break the bottom line of the Mainland China government.

In the modified proposal, Taipei will be "grouped" with Hong Kong and Macau (both HK and Macau have their own NOC), but these three places will be "seperated" from the torch journey in Mainland China. It gives Taipei a space to keep the distance from the real "China's journey", while Mainland China can still view it as a boarder sense of "China's journey" as it is grouped with HK and Macau. It gives the space for both sides to "interpret according to self-understanding", in order to make both sides happy.