Olympic Torch And Torch Relay Route To Be Unveiled

Zain, this could go on forever. I really don't need you to lecture me, etc., etc., Save yourself the trouble of copying hundreds of lines of the Koran. I'm not going to read them -- much less think about it.

Here's my question to you: why is your Koran so easily convertible and corruptible to justify the deeds of those with murder in their hearts. How come I've never heard - NEVER EVER -- we were able to convert 2 would-be bombers from their commitment to murder and carnage to the ways of the Lord and lay down their arms and turn in their chain of command because of the Koran? How come? How come? I've never heard of re-born muslims? How come, zain? How come, zain? Because the Koran teaches its readers NOT to question; NOT to exercise their own conscience. So right there, this holy book of the muslims, is a DANGEROUS BOOK. It can be twisted for evil ends.

You don't find that in the Christian faiths today. Your imams' thinking are still in the 14th century, zain, and it looks like they are comfortabel with that. So, islam today, is still very much in the Middle Ages -- and which secular and forward-thinking Turks are trying to save their soceity from. So please, zain, until I hear more of muslims turning in their conspiratorial imams and disarming the Al Qaeda -- speak to me no more of the virtues of Islam. I fear you are wasting your time.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is unfortunate that the flame will only touch one point on the north american continent. I thought Toronto used to have the largest concentration of chinese outside china? Indeed, that was made clear by newscasts around the world during the 2003 Sars outbreak. Did that change so fast?

Actually, it is San Fran in most stats of this kind. But, like what I heard in the CBC some years ago, stats like this doesn't mean much and may be taken with a grain of salt. All in all, I think this idea of "global torch relays" seems to have already lost its allure. Never mind that I have thought that the Athens 2004 one was going to be "one of a kind."

Zain, this could go on forever. I really don't need you to lecture me, etc., etc., Save yourself the trouble of copying hundreds of lines of the Koran. I'm not going to read them -- much less think about it.

Here's my question to you: why is your Koran so easily convertible and corruptible to justify the deeds of those with murder in their hearts. How come I've never heard - NEVER EVER -- we were able to convert 2 would-be bombers from their commitment to murder and carnage to the ways of the Lord and lay down their arms and turn in their chain of command because of the Koran? How come? How come? I've never heard of re-born muslims? How come, zain? How come, zain? Because the Koran teaches its readers NOT to question; NOT to exercise their own conscience. So right there, this holy book of the muslims, is a DANGEROUS BOOK. It can be twisted for evil ends.

You don't find that in the Christian faiths today. Your imams' thinking are still in the 14th century, zain, and it looks like they are comfortabel with that. So, islam today, is still very much in the Middle Ages -- and which secular and forward-thinking Turks are trying to save their soceity from. So please, zain, until I hear more of muslims turning in their conspiratorial imams and disarming the Al Qaeda -- speak to me no more of the virtues of Islam. I fear you are wasting your time.

Baron, stop this non-sense, you are continously speaking rubish about my nationality, religion, holy book and faith, but I didn't challenge your faith, book or nationality for a single time. This doesn't mean that I can't raise objections on your faith.

I have seen Paris, New York city, Chicago, Los Angeles, Denver, Athens, Islamabad, Lahore, Muscat and Doha, and I meet citizens of these cities, but I didn't seen anybody like you and no body show haters for my passport.

I visit Churches, Temples and talked to many priests and fathers but no-body rejects Quran, as you did.

There is no religion on Earth which promote terrorism, murder and suisides including Chirstianity, Hinduism, Buddhism, Jewism and Islam. If you think Quran has prohibited Muslims to raise Questions on it than you are wrong.

And why didn't you read the Quranic lines ;) You can read long speeches of BOCOG's president, summary of Opening and Cloesing ceremonies and design disciptions of Olympic torch but can't read few lines of Holy Quran???????????????????? Becaues you don't want to accept truth and reality.

"This is the Scripture whereof there is no doubt, a guidance unto those who ward off (evil)."

Quran says that no one can doubt on its text becaues it is a book of God, this doesn't mean that you cant raise question against it, but yes If you will raise than it will supply answer of your question, Quran says that there no mistake in text of Lord, so nobody can doubt it, this is for those who think that this book is not geninue or corrupt. (like you). If you have Question or doubts "in text of Quran" than ask. This book is not a recipe cataloge, so nobody cant fully understand each and every meaning of a single line without particular knowledge and basic concept.

If you think Muslims can't do sins than you are wrong again, Muslims do sin, everybody do wrong thing but these are thier own qualities, even Christians drink wines, rape girls, murder each other, religion doesn't allow them to do even we belive that on doom's day we will give summary of our whole life's sins and goods and God shall punish us for our sins. And do you know Allah (God) has orderd Muslims that suiside is strictly prohibted (Haram) and If some one will attempt it than there will be no mercy and forgiveness on him, he will be among disbelivers and shall remain in Hell forever..................

Islam is a religion of peace and friendship, haters, terrorism and fight is strictly prohibited and Haram.

And if you still think that Muslims are terrorists, or rejects the orignality of Holy Quran than OK, I can't change your mind.

As for the Disbelievers, Whether thou warn them or thou warn them not it is all one for them; they believe not. Allah hath sealed their hearing and their hearts, and on their eyes there is a covering. Theirs will be an awful doom. (Holy Quran)

Pure ignorant, uninformed bigotry. News flash: just because you see a Muslim terrorist on TV doesn't mean that all Muslims are terrorists. I'm Roman Catholic, and virtually every Muslim immigrant that I've ever known was a good-natured, peaceful person.

When a Christian fundamentalist like Timothy McVeigh, Terry Nichols, or Eric Robert Rudolph bombs a public building or an abortion clinic, or when Fred Phelps and his "family" march at funerals with their "God hates fags" signs, does that mean that their beliefs are indicative of Christianity as a whole? Absolutely not. Most people are intelligent enough not to label one billion people by the actions of a few thousand radicals, but unfortunately, you don't get it.

Also, to a certain extent, ALL religions teach their followers not to question certain policies and beliefs. It's called blind faith, and virtually every religion on the planet asks its followers for it in some form or another.

^ Well said. I'm catholic, and to me, if you live a good life, your just as holy or rigetous as another person who does the same, regardless of religion. No religion is "right", it's just the religion that you find leads you the right way. I am surprised by the outstanding inteptitude and ignorance Baron has shown to us.

Pure ignorant, uninformed bigotry. News flash: just because you see a Muslim terrorist on TV doesn't mean that all Muslims are terrorists. I'm Roman Catholic, and virtually every Muslim immigrant that I've ever known was a good-natured, peaceful person.

When a Christian fundamentalist like Timothy McVeigh, Terry Nichols, or Eric Robert Rudolph bombs a public building or an abortion clinic, or when Fred Phelps and his "family" march at funerals with their "God hates fags" signs, does that mean that their beliefs are indicative of Christianity as a whole? Absolutely not. Most people are intelligent enough not to label one billion people by the actions of a few thousand radicals, but unfortunately, you don't get it.

Also, to a certain extent, ALL religions teach their followers not to question certain policies and beliefs. It's called blind faith, and virtually every religion on the planet asks its followers for it in some form or another.

Don't waste your time.

Once a bigot, always a bigot.

Because you are blind and naive; that's why. I didn't say ALL muslims are terrorists. I just said that I don't give the benefit of the doubt to these people who worship that insiduous book.

All this stupid 'open-door' mentality (call it bigotry; call it ignorance -- call it what you will, I don't give a rat's ass), oh yeah? So take me to court, naive fools. I knew you would bring in Timothy McVeigh, etc. What do they have to do with it? Did they blow up the Oklahoma bldg because angels told him to or he did it for a greater cause? No. It was simple revenge against the US gov't.

Anyway, who the f*ck are u to judge me? And here's what's even funnier if it weren't farcical. You berate me for holding views that are different from yours? Hello, helluh? That's exactly what's happening in Islam today. They will NOT tolerate other views -- and you, my so-called fellow Christians -- are doing the EXACT same thing!! At least zain was realistic enought to accept the fact that I may NOT change my mind; and I AM ENTITLED to my beliefs whether they converge with yours or not.

And one of you is 'named "Drunkwith Bode :rolleyes: , ' "seamus" is a mixed-up 15-year old -- and you expect me to get serious with you? BWWWWWAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Edited by baron-pierreIV

A democracy based in free speech gives Baron the right to spew all the hatred he wants, but it also gives us the right to call bullshit and let him know that we think he's dead wrong and his views sound like they're coming straight out of a backwoods Klan meeting.

And I can't figure out what's funnier: the fact that Baron thinks he's an expert on the Quran despite admittedly reading little to none of it, or the fact that he thinks Islam is somehow unique in that its holy book is considered infallible by many of its followers. He calls Muslims mindless zombies, and yet he's the mindless zombie who has let the actions of a few thousand people whip him into a frenzy of hatred and condemnation of a billion people and the vaules that they hold dear.

whip him into a frenzy of hatred and condemnation....

Ho-hum. I am going to sleep now; and sleep very peacefully. None of that goes to bed with me. Anyway, I am very flattered that my opinion means so much to you and disturbs you greatly. I want you to dwell on the issue more. In the meantime, bon soir. :)

Huhh....... I think this issue comes to an end, and we should not discuss it anymore, becaues these type of issues ususally leads to fight, badwords, and hatness.

I am thankful to DrunkWithBode , nykfan845 and seamus21514 for helping me to clear my point that no religion teach its followers to hurt others. These people relexed my inner soul which was very angry, and boiling due to Baron's comments. Now I am very satisfy that there are only few people in earth who hate people becaues of ther nationality and religion.

You people increased my respect for Christian community, even Islam teach us to give more respect to Christian becaues they hold seconed last book of Lord, and most of our belives are exactly same. Thanks once again.

Baron please stop now, I think you have already showed me all of your inner feelings and haters for Muslims and Pakistanis and this can lead to exterme misbehaviour.

It's funny how the late-comers here, managed to hijack the discussion into "hate, vilification etc." -- exactly what the Muslim fundamentalists have done to the Koran and islam -- twist it to their own perverted ends. Yeah, another similarity between islam and christianity. And I guess I should look no farther than the last discussion page to see who those are. Good job, Bode, seamus and nykfan-whatever. Little perverts.

Stay well, zain.

eh, he's just begrugingly giving up. There are always bad people in certain groups, but in most cases, it's not the majority. Everybody who is Christian and says that islam is violent is a hippocrate. Look at the Crusades. Most people are peaceful, but according to baron, Muslims are the blight of the world. Totally Untrue. The majority of people I know are Christians, and they all Respect other religions, as they would respect their own.

exactly what the Muslim fundamentalists have done to the Koran and islam -- twist it to their own perverted ends.

Good, you said it yourself. Fundamentalists twist the Koran and Islam. We're making progress here.