Euro 2016

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Spain is focusing on 2016 Olympics, but also Rome is.

I think there's no connection between SOG and EURO. Although organizing both of them in the same summer is quite impossible. :)

Anyway I donnow if Italy will bid again, but I hope it will.

If France bids against us, they'll surely have advantage of the stadia thing, but the teams' owners in here are saying they want to build or renovate their stadia although without EURO (hope so...!!!). Anyway we can play the "we need it, we are poor" thing, as recently seen seems to work! :D ahahaha

Again on Spain, I think they want to host a WC, so...

Spain don´t want a WC...only in this forum I read it.... :blink:

Platini has little influence in the WWC and FIFA he is the UEFA president not FIFA.

really?

he is good friend with Blatter - like i used to say he is a "arschkriecher"

and so i really expect France to get the Womens WC 2011

but if they will lose to Germany (what i hope)

they will bid for 2016

really?

he is good friend with Blatter - like i used to say he is a "arschkriecher"

and so i really expect France to get the Womens WC 2011

but if they will lose to Germany (what i hope)

they will bid for 2016

Blatter has already stated his preference for Canada, and Blatter is only one of the 25 members of the execuitive committee and a non-voting one. If France wins it will be because the executive does not like the idea of Germany hosting the premier events 5 years apart.

Norway seems to be sticking to not winning an international events in the near future. Selecting Tromso for 2018 is completely stupid, its too remote, with little in the way of infrastructure or sports venues. It just doesn't make sense.

On to Norway/Sweden possible bid, this is mostly likely not going to happen for 2016, 2020 would be a more likely bid for a combined Norway/Sweden, Norway/Denmark or Denmark/Sweden bid because UEFA will not give another joint bid, especially to countries that are known sports rivals. I think that any of the combinations have a good chance of winning (the ones with Norway more so because Denmark only has Aarhus and Copenhagen, Norway has Bergen, Trondheim, Oslo and Slavanger) If Norway/Sweden bids for the European Championships in 2016, it will be a test run because 2016 will go to a major power. I would personally like to see Turkey.

2000 - Western

2004 - Mediterranean

2008 - Central

2012 - Eastern

2016 - Southern

2020 - Northern

It would be a complete trip around Europe.

Blatter has already stated his preference for Canada, and Blatter is only one of the 25 members of the execuitive committee and a non-voting one. If France wins it will be because the executive does not like the idea of Germany hosting the premier events 5 years apart.

but Beckenbauer already said in a interview France is the fav because of Platini

he didn´t mentioned Platini´s good connection to Blatter, but it was what he wated to express

Blatter favored Canada 2 years ago or so, before Germany and France announced a bid

Norway seems to be sticking to not winning an international events in the near future. Selecting Tromso for 2018 is completely stupid, its too remote, with little in the way of infrastructure or sports venues. It just doesn't make sense.

On to Norway/Sweden possible bid, this is mostly likely not going to happen for 2016, 2020 would be a more likely bid for a combined Norway/Sweden, Norway/Denmark or Denmark/Sweden bid because UEFA will not give another joint bid, especially to countries that are known sports rivals. I think that any of the combinations have a good chance of winning (the ones with Norway more so because Denmark only has Aarhus and Copenhagen, Norway has Bergen, Trondheim, Oslo and Slavanger) If Norway/Sweden bids for the European Championships in 2016, it will be a test run because 2016 will go to a major power. I would personally like to see Turkey.

2000 - Western

2004 - Mediterranean

2008 - Central

2012 - Eastern

2016 - Southern

2020 - Northern

we could go on arguing whether portugal is mediterranean or not...

but what i'm surprised of is ur difference between southern and mediterranean europe... :)

2000 - Western

2004 - Mediterranean

2008 - Central

2012 - Eastern

2016 - Southern

2020 - Northern

we could go on arguing whether portugal is mediterranean or not...

but what i'm surprised of is ur difference between southern and mediterranean europe... :)

Are you talking host cities or venues or what? As I see it we also have Brøndby (upgrade plans in the making to 30.000+) plus others that could easily be upgraded. What does Norway have? As far as I can see, Ullevaal Stadion is the biggest with 25.500...So I dont really see that Norway should stand better than Denmark, except for one thing. Sweden seam keen on hosting with Norway.

4. Netherlands/Denmark

Okay, you are gonna have to explain that one to me....2 countries that have absolutely nothing to do with eachother, should go for a joint bid...? That doesnt make much sence to me...Sure, in size and flatness we are compareble, but other then that....

Are you talking host cities or venues or what? As I see it we also have Brøndby (upgrade plans in the making to 30.000+) plus others that could easily be upgraded. What does Norway have? As far as I can see, Ullevaal Stadion is the biggest with 25.500...So I dont really see that Norway should stand better than Denmark, except for one thing. Sweden seam keen on hosting with Norway.

Okay, you are gonna have to explain that one to me....2 countries that have absolutely nothing to do with eachother, should go for a joint bid...? That doesnt make much sence to me...Sure, in size and flatness we are compareble, but other then that....

The Norwegian footballing powers have been pushing for new stadia, lots of them. The Norwegian government needs something to push them to do something and change their attitudes. The reason why Sweden wants to push it with Norway over Denmark is because it would mean the final would be in Stockholm without question, whereas Copenhagen has just as much legitamy in hosting the final, especially since they are a former champion and Stockholm has already hosted a final.

The Norwegian footballing powers have been pushing for new stadia, lots of them. The Norwegian government needs something to push them to do something and change their attitudes. The reason why Sweden wants to push it with Norway over Denmark is because it would mean the final would be in Stockholm without question, whereas Copenhagen has just as much legitamy in hosting the final, especially since they are a former champion and Stockholm has already hosted a final.

I know. Eventhough they would never say it out loud, that is clearly the reason. Norway is far from ready for something like that, so Sweden can pretty much dominate the cup. And that is the reason why Sweden want Norway, I agree with you there. But so far Denmark is still a more obvious choise...

I think Denmark, if they want to host, would be to push a hosting with Norway becauase Sweden will never agree. I would actually prefer a Denmark/Norway and think that so would UEFA beause Sweden hosted in 1992.

I think Denmark, if they want to host, would be to push a hosting with Norway becauase Sweden will never agree. I would actually prefer a Denmark/Norway and think that so would UEFA beause Sweden hosted in 1992.

If they dont expand it, well just do it on our own... :angry::rolleyes:;)

If they dont expand it, well just do it on our own... :angry::rolleyes:;)

I think Denmark is a great country and love the entire Scandinavian region, but be honest, the push for a 24 team tournament certainly means that Denmark, Sweden and Norway can not host individually anymore. I would love to see them host, but it will be joint.

It seems France has an eye on 2016bid

Calcio - La FFF verso Euro2016

La Francia si prepara a sferrare la "sfida" per Euro2016.

Jean-Pierre Escalettes, presidente della Federcalcio francese (FFF9, ha annunciato che riunirà a breve una task force ristretta con i rappresentanti dei principali club e della Lega per arrivare ad un progetto comune e condiviso.

Per Escalettes sarà strategico presentarsi davanti all'Uefa con un gruppo di lavoro senza punti deboli (soprattutto a livello interno).

sporteconomy.it

The french footbal federation -FFF- is thinking presenting a common plan to bid for Euro2016.

It seems France has an eye on 2016bid

Calcio - La FFF verso Euro2016

La Francia si prepara a sferrare la "sfida" per Euro2016.

Jean-Pierre Escalettes, presidente della Federcalcio francese (FFF9, ha annunciato che riunirà a breve una task force ristretta con i rappresentanti dei principali club e della Lega per arrivare ad un progetto comune e condiviso.

Per Escalettes sarà strategico presentarsi davanti all'Uefa con un gruppo di lavoro senza punti deboli (soprattutto a livello interno).

sporteconomy.it

The french footbal federation -FFF- is thinking presenting a common plan to bid for Euro2016.

Not a surprise.

oh, do you predict the future? it's so Felipe? :rolleyes:

A part from the previuos speculations it's the first time I hear an official french purpose for 2016.

Huh? :huh: It's precisely because there were speculations that this news isn't surprising to me.

And it's "Filipe". With an "i", please.

2000 - Western

2004 - Mediterranean

2008 - Central

2012 - Eastern

2016 - Southern

2020 - Northern

Can anyone explain me the difference between "Mediterranean" and "Southern", because the only Southern European countries I know are Mediterranean (Portugal, Spain, France, Italy, Croatia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Serbia, Montenegro, FYROM, Albania, Greece and Turkey). And the other countries of "Southern" Europe and not Mediterranean are really Eastern European countries (Bulgaria, Romania) so...

Can anyone explain me the difference between "Mediterranean" and "Southern", because the only Southern European countries I know are Mediterranean (Portugal, Spain, France, Italy, Croatia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Serbia, Montenegro, FYROM, Albania, Greece and Turkey). And the other countries of "Southern" Europe and not Mediterranean are really Eastern European countries (Bulgaria, Romania) so...

Southern Europe is Serbia, Romania, Bulgaria, Macedonia, Greece, Turkey, Croatia, Bosnia, Montenegro, Cyprus, Malta

Mediterreanen Europe is Portugal, Spain, France, Monaco, Italy

The climates are a bit different, vegetation characteristics are different.

Archived