2007 Stanley Cup Playoffs

It's not going to be easy to beat Ottawa in their home. I say the Sens win the next 2 games to even up the series. I think it will go all the way to Game 7, favouring Anaheim for the win. The Sens will come oh so close and fail.

Was watching the highlights of this late last night on Channel 5 (for some reason!). I could just about follow the game, but the analysis afterwards was like listening to two people speaking Mandarin; I had no idea what they were on about.

I don't think Ice Hockey is ever going to work for me. My mate (who's a Colarado Avalanche fan) took me to a game in Nottingham (one of the best teams in England) and I wasn't geratly impressed. Having music every time a goal is scored is annoying enough but they played music every time there was a free kick. Give me football any day, lol!

Sorry to be downbeat, I only felt the need to contribute because, for once, I knew the exact game you were talking about - which is rare for American sports!

Having music every time a goal is scored is annoying enough but they played music every time there was a free kick. Give me football any day, lol!

I see hockey has been altered in England! I would think it's quite difficult to take a free kick, when the object isn't a ball but rather a cyclindrical one-inch high rubber disk placed on ice, and seeing how there's actually no "corner" to kick from. ;) j/k

Maybe you were referring to faceoffs, when the ref drops the puck.

But look at it this way: you know more about hockey than most Americans do!

Anyway, tonight is game 3 up at Scotiabank Place, and if the Sens cannot win tonight, the engravers should start engraving Anaheim Ducks and all their names because it will be over.

Looks like Lord Stanley's Cup is going to be staying in the U.S. The Ducks are one win away!

It's all over, the ANAHEIM DUCKS are 2007 Stanley Cup Champions, having beaten Ottawa 6-2 in game 5 and 4-1 in the series. Scott Niedermayer is the Conn Smythe winner as playoff MVP.

What is with southern US NHL teams and Stanley Cup wins lately? We got Tampa Bay, then Carolina and now Anaheim. What is next? Florida or Atlanta next year? And, on top of that, it is the third time in a row that a Canadian team fails to win the Cup in the final series.

Was watching the highlights of this late last night on Channel 5 (for some reason!). I could just about follow the game, but the analysis afterwards was like listening to two people speaking Mandarin; I had no idea what they were on about.

I don't think Ice Hockey is ever going to work for me. My mate (who's a Colarado Avalanche fan) took me to a game in Nottingham (one of the best teams in England) and I wasn't geratly impressed. Having music every time a goal is scored is annoying enough but they played music every time there was a free kick. Give me football any day, lol!

Sorry to be downbeat, I only felt the need to contribute because, for once, I knew the exact game you were talking about - which is rare for American sports!

At least your mate knows good hockey, would get on with him well, love the Avs. At least you gave it a go, instead of outright dismissing it like most do. I don't think hockey will ever be a big sport in Britain, the climate is just not there for it, and surprisingly hockey and football players have a lot of similarities and body type and build and I don't think England could handle a sizable number of their possible footballing stars go over to hockey, England is bad enough already. Watch it a bit more and you might get it, took me a bit of time to get footie.

Archived