Startling Video On China's Executation Rate Without Accountability

mr.x

I'll watch and enjoy the Games as much as anyone, but with their horrible human rights record, there's no way that Beijing should have ever been elected to host.

It's too bad that the IOC doesn't have any social conscience. They are basically a bunch of high-priced prostitutes: throw the most money at us (facilities or bribes; your choice), and we'll hop in bed with you, no questions asked. They sell their games to the highest bidder, don't spend a dime of their own money, and then more often than not move on leaving little more than a debt. It looked like things were changing when L.A. basically saved their asses without building a bunch of white elephants and then Seoul and Barcelona ran efficient, somewhat less expensive Games, but the IOC has reverted right back to their extravagant whoring ways, and we've already begun seeing Montreal-like spending disasters. But the IOC doesn't care; the only thing they see is money.

On the flip side the IOC just really eventually couldn't ignore a nation with a billion-plus people with the world's fastest growing economy, a strong sporting prowess, and very much the next superpower changing the global political gravitas.

That said I personally wished the 2008 Olympics were awarded elsewhere like Paris for the aforementioned reasons and more (like Tibet). Let's not forget that while watching the games there.

It looked like things were changing when L.A. basically saved their asses without building a bunch of white elephants and then Seoul and Barcelona ran efficient, somewhat less expensive Games, but the IOC has reverted right back to their extravagant whoring ways, and we've already begun seeing Montreal-like spending disasters. But the IOC doesn't care; the only thing they see is money.

Where on earth did you get the idea that Seoul and Barcelona ran "less expensive" Games?

Barcelona has been very expensive Games for the very same reason London is going to be expensive: the Games have changed the face of the city. One could consider that it's money well spent... the same way that London Games should be seen as a long term investment.

Also, one never mentionned the fact that, if Montreal ended up being a "spending disaster" it's mainly because, between the times the Games were awarded to Montreal and the time they were organized, a major economic crisis shaked the world (oil crisis in 1973) that sent the prices of pretty mcuh anything skyrocketing!

I actually can't wait 'til the Beijing Olympics. It's gonna be very, very interesting to watch when a bunch of mouthy athletes & spectators (and God knows who else who wants to jump on the band-wagon) speak-up & speak loud against the Chinese regime, at venues, at gatherings, on interviews, etc. What's the Chinese government gonna do then when the whole world is gonna be watching. It'll probably be just as interesting, if not moreso, than the Games themselves. I bet these Olympics are going to be the most political Games ever.

I actually can't wait 'til the Beijing Olympics. It's gonna be very, very interesting to watch when a bunch of mouthy athletes & spectators (and God knows who else who wants to jump on the band-wagon) speak-up & speak loud against the Chinese regime, at venues, at gatherings, on interviews, etc. What's the Chinese government gonna do then when the whole world is gonna be watching. It'll probably be just as interesting, if not moreso, than the Games themselves. I bet these Olympics are going to be the most political Games ever.

It will be interesting to see the attitude of the various NOCs if one of their athletes wants to make a statement. Say, for example, an Aussie or American athlete decides they want to wear a "Free Tibet" button on the podium, would the AOC or USOC let them, or tell them not to for fear of offending the host. Yeah, it will get interesting.

When that happen,chinese armies will entry in the stadium with shot-guns..........

....and tanks.

I'm more interested to know about how the Chinese plan to censor out things they don't like from all of the Olympic coverage being broadcasted around the world.