Denver '76 Bid Book Online

Very interesting to see the bid book for Denver's 1976 bid.  I think Denver will host sometime in my lifetime.  It is better equipped to handle the event now than it was in 1976, and it wouldnt have to be paid for by taxpayers.
Giving the IOC's reputation for "remembering" on what came on their plates then, it will be hard for Denver to bid for the Winter Olympics again, never mind hosting it.
  • 4 months later...
I agree, I think it is very unlikely they will be given chance to host. Firstly by the IOC and also by the USOC. They had their chance - and blew it. I think Anchorage is the next US Olympic city (although not for a LONG time)
I agree, I think it is very unlikely they will be given chance to host. Firstly by the IOC and also by the USOC. They had their chance - and blew it. I think Anchorage is the next US Olympic city (although not for a LONG time)

Don't forget that the USA had Salt Lake City 2002. Forgive me if I don't get distances, but isn't Denver and SLC "close to each other?"

• 8 months later...
I doubt Denver will host the Olympics for a long time. They had their chance in 76 and blew it badly. I agree with London, Anchorage is most definetely the next Olympic city in the USA, but with SLC 2002 and Vancouver 2010, the Winter games are not going to be in North America for a while, much less The US.

Don't forget that the USA had Salt Lake City 2002. Forgive me if I don't get distances, but isn't Denver and SLC "close to each other?"

Kinda, but about the same distance as SLC is from Squaw Valley, so I don't think that is a big factor. And besides, Calgary to Vancouver is about the same distance as SLC to Denver.  

I agree about Denver btw.

if Denver we to bid in the 2020's for the USOC bid i htink i could win, but it would have to be a front-runner from the begining and going against some not hard competion like Jaca (i dought it will host)
Very interesting to see the bid book for Denver's 1976 bid.  I think Denver will host sometime in my lifetime.  It is better equipped to handle the event now than it was in 1976, and it wouldnt have to be paid for by taxpayers.

Why are people on this board so eager to advance bids of cities that have absolutely ZILCH chance of winning the honor, much less even making the short lists; i.e., Denver  :rolleyes: , Toronto for 2016  :rolleyes:, Harbin 2014   :rolleyes: ?  I mean do you people have no f*cking CLUE whatsoever????

• 3 years later...

Archived