Amy Winehouse

Have any of you heard of this girl? She's fvcking fantastic even though she may be druggie ;) I just discovered her music a few weeks ago when I overheard others talk about her and read critical raves about it. She's a UK export and release her album not too long ago in North America and is doing pretty good (sales wise) over here. Her single "Rehab" is off the hook and the album "Back To Black" perfection in my opinion I just love it. She has so much style and individuality to her music. You would expect her to be some type of rocker singer but honestly she has a Soulful R&B voice. I'm making an early bold prediction in saying she'll win BEST NEW ARTIST at next years Grammy Awards.

Amy Winehouse - Rehab (1st Single)

amy-winehouse.jpg

Amy is easily the most exciting new artist to come through in the last few years. I am not a fan of that type of music but I am just fascinated by her style and talent. When I see her perform I am instantly interested and entertained. Rehab is such an amazing song. I hope she becomes a huge star.

By the way, she is already very very popular in the UK. She has had a Number 1 single and album and won the Brit award for Best Newcomer in February. Have you heard her speak though. She would make a London cab driver sound posh. LOL

Amy is easily the most exciting new artist to come through in the last few years. I am not a fan of that type of music but I am just fascinated by her style and talent. When I see her perform I am instantly interested and entertained. Rehab is such an amazing song. I hope she becomes a huge star.

By the way, she is already very very popular in the UK. She has had a Number 1 single and album and won the Brit award for Best Newcomer in February. Have you heard her speak though. She would make a London cab driver sound posh. LOL

Yeah Amy's making a name for herself here overseas. The UK has a lot of talented artists who seems to be getting a lot of international exposure as of late, it's great to hear music from other parts of the world. There's another aritst, Leona Lewis, who won on some UK talent show. She has such an amazing voice and I'm telling you here she had no problems singing a Whitney Houston song perfectly. I hear Clive Davis and Arista snagged her over to the USA to sign with his label. She should make a big splash worldwide this year when the debut cd is released.

I think we were all abit blown away by Leona Lewis. America has a good reputation with these Divas with amazing voices. The UK female artists tend to be more understated and quirky rather than big vocal performances. I must admit I was shocked when I heard Leona sing for the 1st time. She really does have an incredible voice. I think she is going to be huge prety soon. She seems to have all the moneymen dancing to her tune and ready to put her in the spotlight.

Another great female singer I like from the UK is Corinne Bailey Rae. She's really good.

Yeah, she's great. I really like "Put Your Records On" & "Like A Star". She also has made it big in North America. She received a bunch of Grammy nominations including Best New Artist. She lost it to Carrie Underwood though.

• 7 months later...

So Amy scored big today at the Grammy awards nominations. She's one of the top nominated artists this year with 6 noms including Best New Artist, Album of the Year, Record of the Year and Song of the Year. I knew all this was coming even though she's such a big mess right now.

To be honest I think half of this 'druggy haze' sh*t she is pulling is put on. The other half is just unfortunate press coverage. They seem to be only interested in photos that make her look f*cked up.

Frankly I don't buy it. She is well educated, has built up this niche market of being an absolute trainwreck and she seems to be doing exactly what is expected of her.

I predict a faux suicide attempt, hubby comes out of jail and the next album bombs - thus old Amy will do a Sarah Brightman/Charlotte Church style pathetic grab at a mainstream pop crossover (admittedly Charlotte Church's 'Tissues And Issues' is a decent album) and then just fade into relative though critically acclaimed obscurity.

She nees to put out another great album - and fast. However she doesn't seem capable of walking in a straight line (in public) at the moment though. Forget touring - she will have no chance of selling out the big rooms now.

I do reiterate I think it's put on drama though.

I absolutely love Amy Winehouse too. She is so talented but I hope that we get to see more of her and not end up with another talented artist in the grave before her time.

Speaking of talented artists. I have posted this on the Christmas record thread but I am gonna post it here too because I just absolutely love this new song from an emerging artist called Amy Macdonald.

Amy Macdonald - This is the life

Archived