Tickets Prices Are Very Affordable Comparing To Precedents Games

Having found this morning a old copy of the 96 Atlanta Games ticket request form, I was curious to compare the prices with the ones from Beijing.

The sames events I asked from Cosport for Beijing earlier this week wich represent a total of 2,400$CAN should costed me in Atlanta 5,700$CAN (the exchange rate at that time was 1,40$CAN = 1,00$US)

Some exemples of the most significants variations :

Boxing (preliminaries) Beijing 16$CAN Atlanta 80$CAN

Boxing (finals) Beijing 80$CAN Atlanta 312$CAN

Gymnastic (qualifications) Beijing 20$CAN Atlanta 134$CAN

Gymnastic (finals) Beijing 60$CAN Atlanta 356$CAN

Only very few sports are more expensive in 2008.

I will try to found my copy of the Sydney Games to do the same exercise.

• 2 weeks later...
By the way, here's an IOC article from yesterday.

Link: IOC-> Beijing 2008: Games Tickets Go On Sale!

L_ART_2128_uk.jpg

Anyone care for the logo here?

It's interesting to have a loogo for ticketing? Has this ever been done before?

I don't mind it, and it does match the main logo. I wonder again if this is another pointer to the "look" of the games?

It's interesting to have a loogo for ticketing? Has this ever been done before?

I don't mind it, and it does match the main logo. I wonder again if this is another pointer to the "look" of the games?

Yeah, that's new...for "Ticketing" and I like it as well. I think it would've been a better logo than that noodle runner. First you had a limpid, noodle runner for 2008; then that stone thing for 2010 (which is really more "Stonehenge-ish" than Inuit or whatever. I can't just imagine what London will come up with in terms of that progression.

BTW, Atlanta '96 Broadcasting had their own logo.

• 4 weeks later...

The IOC has produced the latest article, regarding the purchasing Olympic tickets for Beijing 2008.

Link: IOC: Beijing 2008 Olympic Games Tickets

To make things easier for you guys, here are additional links, compliments of the article itself.

Link 1: for Chinese residents ONLY (presumably for the mainland) -> http://www.tickets.beijing2008.cn/

These links, for the rest of the world, you will need Adobe or any equivalent program to access the .pdf files contained here.

Link 2: for AFRICA -> African Locations To Purchase Tickets

Link 3: for NORTH AND SOUTH AMERICA AND THE CARIBBEAN -> North America, South America And The Caribbean Locations To Purchase Tickets

Link 4: for ASIA -> Asian Locations (Excluding China) To Purchase Tickets

Link 5: for EUROPE -> European Locations To Purchase Tickets

Link 6: for OCEANIA -> Oceania Locations To Purchase Tickets

I live in Pakistan, I contact NOC Pakistan for ticket orders but today I got thier reply through post " It is however to inform that NOC PAKISTAN does not purchase tickets for Opening / Cloesing ceremonies and other competitions becaues of the complications involved in the process". So how can it possible for me? Why online ticketing is only for Chinese citizens, while Olympics are for all countries? The slogan of Beijing 2008 is One world One dream but I think only chinese people can buy hassel free online tickets

AND I SENT THIS SAME STATEMENT TO BEIJING 2008 TICKETING WEBSITE,

so do you know what thay replied?

We are willing to help but very sorry for we can do nothing. All the residents of other regions and countries have to contact their National Olympic Committee.

I live in Pakistan, I contact NOC Pakistan for ticket orders but today I got thier reply through post " It is however to inform that NOC PAKISTAN does not purchase tickets for Opening / Cloesing ceremonies and other competitions becaues of the complications involved in the process". So how can it possible for me? Why online ticketing is only for Chinese citizens, while Olympics are for all countries? The slogan of Beijing 2008 is One world One dream but I think only chinese people can buy hassel free online tickets

AND I SENT THIS SAME STATEMENT TO BEIJING 2008 TICKETING WEBSITE,

so do you know what thay replied?

We are willing to help but very sorry for we can do nothing. All the residents of other regions and countries have to contact their National Olympic Committee.

Well don't blame BOCOG for that.

Nothing new here. The Organizing Committees have always sold tickets through national olympic committees. The only exceptions were Athens and Torino when European Unions were able to purchase tickets directly on line.

What's strange is that the Pakistani NOC is not able to sell them (through an agency for example).

• 3 weeks later...

Now to think of it, I thought the USOC was based in Colorado. I didn't know it is now based in Miami, FL. Did I miss something here?

Anyway, anyone got tickets for Beijing 2008 yet?