Sign in to follow this  
Kenadian

Bocog's Performance Rating

How would you rate BOCOG's performance to date in organizing the 2010 Games?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate BOCOG's performance to date in organizing the 2010 Games?

• Excellent!
    • Good
    • Average/Mediocre
    • Poor
    • Terrible!
    • No Opinion

Rate BOCOG's performance to date...And I meant the 2008 Games, sorry.

Edited by Kendegra

for me i think their performance has been good but not spectacular

I think it's difficult to have an opinion on the performance of Bocog because, although I'm sure they are successful, they are not placed under the same scrutiny as London and maybe Vancouver - we just don't hear about every problem they face.

I think it's difficult to have an opinion on the performance of Bocog because, although I'm sure they are successful, they are not placed under the same scrutiny as London and maybe Vancouver - we just don't hear about every problem they face.

They tend to keep specifics under wraps unlike Vancouver and London. That's China for you!!!

Yep, and unlike other hosts they can pretty much do what they want without public consultation or outcry. If it were the same in London we'd be well on the way to being ready by now. I voted no opinion; obviously on schedule and it looks great (mostly) but under the circumstances anything less would be outright failure.

thats a good point!

I thought for a moment BOCOG and VANOC had swapped Games! :lol:

I voted 'good' as everything seems to be running smoothly as far as I can tell!

In fact I've voted the same way in all 3 polls and for much the same reason. B)

Edited by Mainad

And things like this make me question the judgement of anyone who voted excellent:

There are reports that a subway tunnel being built for the Beijing 2008 Summer Olympic Games collapsed Wednesday burying six workers who are feared dead. The tunnel was designed for a station exit.

Beijing News quoted a construction worker as saying, “there is both concrete and earth above the workers so the chances of survival are almost zero”.

A contractor reportedly tried to conceal the collapse from authorities by sealing off the site and confiscating the workers’ cell phones.

The 25-km line has reported several floods and cave-ins in the past and two people were killed in a collapse in June.

Four subway lines and a light rail project linking to the airport are now under construction. Construction is expected to finish two months ahead of the Games, which starts next August.

Well, these polls are just a measurement (totally unscientific, too) of perception. Personally, I find the results thus far to be really interesting.

Well, a quick synopsis so far says that Beijing's organizing committee is percieved in a mostly positive light, but the most interesting thing is the relatively high number of respondents who had no opinion. Perhaps that is due to a percieved lack of information or uncertain expectations for what they will deliver?

Sign in to follow this