LA 1984 Swiming Facility....

Los Angeles Guy

The pool was a temporary structure built by McDonalds for the '84 games.  From what you have said, I guess they dismantled it and sold it to your hometown.

How do you know it's the pool from Los Agneles btw?

how is it possible? Quite easy.

I have training hurdles in the back of my car that were used during the Sydney Games. I work for a sporting development foundation and quite a lot of our equipment was purchased in auctions at SOP after the games where finished.

Im guessing its probably the same for Sudbury-Los Angelses

its the actual pool and towers from LA. Quite the descent though, and it was a swimmer from canada(from sudbury).

Essentially after the games, anything that isn't nailed down is usually sold at auction or given to charity.  I think after '96 ended a lot of the hurdles, track and field equipment etc. were given to inner city schools around Atlanta.  I heard after L.A. that the band uniforms were given to an L.A. school.

I myself ended up with one of those huge banners that hung off the utility poles -

I'm still curious though - I assume the pool was built underground in L.A. so are you just talking about the towers, springboards and pool ladders?

Archived