The Usoc Vote On April 14

Stu, Stu, Stu. The deep dish pan pizza was invented in Chicago in the 40's.

As a 6'3", 190 lb man who has eaten and currently makes A LOT of them, I can assure you that the stereotypes you are referring to is no more accurate than that of a country filled with pasty skinned people with bad teeth that enjoy a good shephards pie with a side of tripe and some crisps. :P Ask Jacques Chirac. :D

As for the hot dog, it's orgins - in it's current form - are debatable. However it is considered an American staple. Part of the reason the Roosevelts served them to the King and Queen when they visited in 1939.

LA-LA-LA. Saying the 'Deep' dish pizza was invented in the US amounts to the Finns saying they invented the telephone, the Japanese inventing the car, or a Frenchman saying that HE invented the Olympics - if you take an idea that exists and adapt it slightly, that's adapting an idea slightly not inventing it! ;)

As for MY Royal family having to travel across the Atlantic only to be fed hot dogs by YOUR President..... :blink:

The 'beautiful' enhanced people of LA and the 'cuisine' of Chicago weren't my stereotypes - they've been mentioned many times in American articles as reasons to have the Olympics there - I'm well aware that LA has a lot of ugly people too (perhaps British expats!) and that Chicago does have shops that sell fruit and vegetables. I was trying to make a kind statement about Chicago saying it had more than just pizza or hot dogs - kind comments about the US's Olympic hopefuls are very rare from me!

BTW - enjoy whoring yourself for free drinks! :lol:

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chicago: The sisters at the Sacred Heart Convent will be going on a 24-prayer marathon starting at 1:00 pm today for a Chicago victory.

Los Angeles County Jail: The penitentiary will be on a 24-hour lockdown and a neon yellow alert as the Bloods, Crips and Aryan Brotherhood all await the fateful USOC decision tomorrow afternoon.

As a 6'3", 190 lb man who has eaten and currently makes A LOT of them, I can assure you that the stereotypes you are referring to is no more accurate than that of a country filled with pasty skinned people with bad teeth that enjoy a good shephards pie with a side of tripe and some crisps. :P Ask Jacques Chirac. :D

Crisps? With shepherd's pie?? Perish the thought! I think you must mean 'chips' (what you would call 'fries' in the USA).Eg:

UK (Chips) = US (Fries or French Fries)

UK (Crisps) = US (Chips)

No wonder Jacques Chirac gets confused.He should have learnt his English in the UK.He might have appreciated our cuisine a bit more and Paris might now be staging the 2012 Olympics!! :lol:

BTW - I'm in Chicago right now! :lol: But I have to leave this afternoon. But I was at Sidetracks last night and there was a lot of talk and excitement about tomorrows decision! Needless to say, as everyone there I know is aware of my love of the Olympics they were buying me drinks all night.

Needless to say, I don't feel that well this morning. :blink:

Just think how you may be feeling come Sunday morning!! ;)

Even though I am rooting for Los Angeles, I wish Chicago good luck and if they are chosen with the winning bid tomorrow I sincerely hope they win the 2016 games. I think their bid is strong and is better for the process of competing against Los Angeles. Either way, each of the two cities would present strong bids to the Games and it will be tough for the international competition to beat either one (although entirely possible). It is time for the US to restore its stature after the Atlanta debacle.

What I feel is kinda sad is that while Chicago' Olympic Bid is THE big story going on today. with all day coverage provided by most of the stations.

Los Angeles on the other hand has only one station covering the Olympic Bid at all, and on that station (NBC) the bid is only a side story.

LA may have 90% support, but support is different than excitement.

What I feel is kinda sad is that while Chicago' Olympic Bid is THE big story going on today. with all day coverage provided by most of the stations.

Los Angeles on the other hand has only one station covering the Olympic Bid at all, and on that station (NBC) the bid is only a side story.

LA may have 90% support, but support is different than excitement.

My answer to that is this:

Remember in Singapore when, right before the announcement, there were veeery few photographers near the London 2012 delegation, because they were all packed together in front of the Paris delegation, waiting to capture the French celebrations? What a race they did afterwards to flash like maniacs the British party :D;)

My answer to that is this:

Remember in Singapore when, right before the announcement, there were veeery few photographers near the London 2012 delegation, because they were all packed together in front of the Paris delegation, waiting to capture the French celebrations? What a race they did afterwards to flash like maniacs the British party :D;)

I meant local stations in the cities. And overall public support in the city. Not our national news, which is covering this little.

Archived