Uefa Qualify

I quite liked the overall look of the team on paper yesterday. With Hargreaves in the holding role Lampard should have been able to move forward more.

I don't know why our players, particularly Lampard, aren't playing the way they play for their clubs. Maybe Lampard isn't as good a player as he looks within the multi-million pound line up of Chelsea FC. I know one thing, I'd certainly drop him before I dropped Gerrard.

Maybe put Gerrard in the centre with Hargreaves (or even Carrick, who has been great in that role for Man Utd this season), move Lennon over to the right and find a half-decent left winger to make up the midfield.

Robinson

Neville --- Ferdinand --- Terry --- Cole

Lennon --- Gerrard --- Hargreaves/Carrick --- J. Cole/Wright-Phillips

Rooney --- Johnson (I want Owen back soon!)

Sooner or later, McClaren, or any other England manager for that matter, needs to grow some balls and take some big decisions. We are wasting Steven Gerrard on the right side of midfield and yet we don't get the best out of him and Frank Lampard when they play together in the centre. So you have to leave one of them out, and the one to go for me at this moment is Lampard. At the moment, Lennon down the right hand side and Downing on the left. Some people may not like him but he does what wide players are supposed to do. And we do miss Owen.

How I wish we'd got Scolari.

Maybe put Gerrard in the centre with Hargreaves (or even Carrick, who has been great in that role for Man Utd this season), move Lennon over to the right and find a half-decent left winger to make up the midfield.

Robinson

Neville --- Ferdinand --- Terry --- Cole

Lennon --- Gerrard --- Hargreaves/Carrick --- J. Cole/Wright-Phillips

Rooney --- Johnson (I want Owen back soon!)

Well, well, well. It looks like my formation might get a run out tonight

England midfielder Frank Lampard has been ruled out of the Euro 2008 qualifier against Andorra on Wednesday due to a cracked bone in his wrist.

The 28-year-old suffered the injury during training on Monday when he was struck by a Wayne Rooney shot.

But the injury is worse than was first thought and Lampard will not feature at Espanyol's Olympic Stadium.

Stewart Downing is expected to step in to the midfield on the left, with Aaron Lennon playing wide on the right.

Ashley Cole is back from suspension and will replace Jamie Carragher at left-back, while Micah Richards is set to step in at right-back in place of Phil Neville.

Shame it's taken an injury for this change to happen imho! Also a shame that we're only playing Andorra tonight. I would have liked to see how this team and formation does against better opposition.

Friendly in Duisburg (hey rei, do you remember Duisburg? ;) ):

Germany (with a very young and unexperienced team) : Denmark 0:1 (0:0)

Denmark dominated the match. They had several 100% chances, but thanks to Robert Enke, the Danes scored only one goal.

Friendly in Duisburg (hey rei, do you remember Duisburg? ;) ):

Germany (with a very young and unexperienced team) : Denmark 0:1 (0:0)

Denmark dominated the match. They had several 100% chances, but thanks to Robert Enke, the Danes scored only one goal.

Damn, that was the first football match ever I witnessed live in the stadium, and it's the first defeat under Jogi Löw as coach (at least it's a historic event then...). OK, the young guys have probably tried their best -- but they were also very nervous and thus played pretty absent-minded. And you can imagine how angry we spectators were when for the Germans, one excellent scoring chance after the other failed. But Enke, of course, was marvellous. He'll be a really good replacement for Lehmann.

Yes, but all three of the teams ahead of us still have to come to us. Plus, Croatia have to play Russia twice. There is a long way still to go in this group and I just wish the critics could see that.

Russia and Croatia played to a nil-nil draw in Moscow on September 6th, 2006. Croatia has the advantage in this group in that they have taken 4 points from Israel and Russia away and have both of those teams having to come to Zagreb were they have never lost. Croatia will be qualified by the team they come to England and play at Wembly. England is chasing Russia and Israel is not gonna be able to get by Croatia and England when those teams are at home.

Also England is the one that still has to go to Russia, not Croatia.

We'll go to Russia and I reckon we'll get a result as well. Typical England - always play better against the better opposition.

Than explain Croatia, the 2nd best team in the group (arguably the first with the way the English are playing) beating England handily.

Russia has a similar track record to Croatia at home, so do most of their club teams, its not pleasant to travel to Moscow for most teams. You have to go into Moscow in October, better than if it was November or December but its gonna be tough conditions. Going into Russia and getting a draw is probably the best result possible.

If the group goes as should from now on

Croatia - 29 points

England - 27 points

Russia - 22 points

Israel - 19 ponts

Macedonia - 14 points

Estonia - 6 points

Andorra - 0 points

Archived