-500!

Rei

IOC article about the "500 days to go" moment.

Link: IOC: Beijing 2008 - 500 Days To Go

500 days!!! That will go quick i cant wait. I can remember before the Athens Olympics countdown, Beijing are extremely prepared!!! I am sure they will give the world a fantastic olympic games

My mistake. I didn't check the date with Olympian2004 reply, sorry.

Anyways, I can't wait for the opening ceremonies to begin. 500 days is passed and now it's 498 days left. I'm so excited about it.

BEIJING 2008 IS ONLY FOR CHINA

BOCOG is too selfish, online Ticketing is only for Chinese, Volunteer aplication is espacially for chinese, only few International volunteers will take part in Olympiad if they can speak Chinese (is it possible?). Olympic merchandies are only for Chinese people. Even all Honoury visiters of www.beijing2008.com they selected are from China. what is this? Is this a global event or just for China.

Athens 2004's administration was 10x times better than beijing. Athens provided equal opportuanity to citizens of the world.

I was in favour of Beijing 2008 but they proving themselves selfish and over patriotic party. :angry:

Secondly, I didn't like the design of medals, it look like a "budget medals", it seems that they fix jade just to save gold.

Nothing can take place of pure Gold, silver or Bronze, Front is stylish but back side is cheap and unimpressive.

BOCOG is too selfish, online Ticketing is only for Chinese, Volunteer aplication is espacially for chinese, only few International volunteers will take part in Olympiad if they can speak Chinese (is it possible?). Olympic merchandies are only for Chinese people. Even all Honoury visiters of www.beijing2008.com they selected are from China. what is this? Is this a global event or just for China.

Athens 2004's administration was 10x times better than beijing. Athens provided equal opportuanity to citizens of the world.

I was in favour of Beijing 2008 but they proving themselves selfish and over patriotic party.

Last night, I was watching "Dateline" on my local NBC station, and then all of a sudden ....WHOA!!, they had a 30-sec teaser proclaiming in "500 Days the Games at Beijing begin."

Yeah!! BEGIN THE BEIJING!! 55 DAYS AT BEIJING!!!

BTW, is anybody planning on going?

Edited by baron-pierreIV

I was in favour of Beijing 2008 but they proving themselves selfish and over patriotic party.

Man, if i'm not wrong, you were the one who published your design of the olympic torch here, and later you sent the proposal to BOCOG. That means that they let people from the world to participate at the organization.

How much about what you saying is true? Do you have some proofs so we can see it?

You forget:

#1 - Greece is a nation of about 11 million people, and Athens is easily accessible by air, land, sea in 1 to 2 hours, from many nations.

#2 - Beijing is not exactly too easily accessible as Athens was. China has a population 100x that of Greece -- 1.3 billion people. Who do you think is paying for their 2008 party? Not the few non-Chinese who want to be part of the Beijing show.

#3 - There is NOTHING in the Olympic Charter which spells out how much of the Games' staff/volunteers must be non-citizens (of the host country). So, technically, China/Beijing is doing nothing wrong. But I am sure the foreign students residing in Beijing by next summer, will be recruited as guides or translators.

Just learn to accept that sometimes outside help may not be needed. That's the prerogative of the host.

Edited by baron-pierreIV