Enthusiastic Viewers

anno

What do you think about that? Lillehammer has presented us excellent games and the viewers played a big part at this party.

Athens 2004 were a little bit boring games because of the few viewers in the stadiums.

Which Bid City will give us an excellent atmosphere?

I don´t know who the enthusiasm for Wintersport in Krea and Russia is but in Austria there is a very big passion fo wintersports

Excuse me, what makes you think Austria has a monopoly on appreciation of winter sports -- just because Austria is a skiing power doesn't mean they're the only ones who enjoy it. Did you know that China has AGAIN won in the men's free aerials? So, how can you say that any one nation is dominated by winter sports. If anything, it is Korea which is a powerhouse in short-track speed skating! Even Russia is NO LONGER the dominant power in pairs figure skating that they once were.

just to avoid new missundand i

erstandings...

I don´t know how enthuiastic Russians and Koreans are in wintersports...i never said that they are not allowed to appriciate wintergames...

just said that austrians really enjoy wintersports...

if it sounded snobbish what I said I´m sorry for it

No need to apologize, jiggler.

PyeongChang would have an excellent atmosphere. Koreans love putting on a show for the world, and they are keen to host what they see would be an Olympics for the entire country, and not just for the city. The amount of public support for the Games around the country is just incredible. Not just that, but I think the sporting world would enjoy the feel of an Asian Winter Olympics, as they don't come around too often.

just to avoid new missundand i

erstandings...

I don´t know how enthuiastic Russians and Koreans are in wintersports...i never said that they are not allowed to appriciate wintergames...

just said that austrians really enjoy wintersports...

if it sounded snobbish what I said I´m sorry for it

No need to apologize jiggler, Baron will just take any opportunity to jump down people's throats.

Russia and Korea actually both enjoy greater popular support for the respective 2014 bids, as evidenced by the reports coming out of Salzburg where the IOC EC are currently, although the enthusiasm for Winter sports in general is high in all three.

No need to apologize jiggler, Baron will just take any opportunity to jump down people's throats.

Russia and Korea actually both enjoy greater popular support for the respective 2014 bids, as evidenced by the reports coming out of Salzburg where the IOC EC are currently, although the enthusiasm for Winter sports in general is high in all three.

Apology accepted, jiggler. No, it's not that I enjoy jumping down people's throats -- it's just I don't like having overly-broad, heavily generalized statements go by. And yes, I do have my partisan side to the issue; but it's really an untrue statement to begin with.

Anyway... moving on...

Archived