New London Logo

anno

i reckon they will reveal the logo on 27th July - 5 years to the opening of the games. maybe they will hold a concert on the mall as they did for the athens olympic torch?

Towards the end of 2007 I think, the summer at the earliest.

Just read in this weeks marketing an interview with Chris Townsend the Commercial Director of LOCOG - and he had the following to say about the logo:

London 2012's branding, which is being developed by Wolff Ollins, will target the youth market. "it will be very different to previous olympics - it's very contemporary and designed to engage a teen and pre-teen audinece." This will maintain the Games' emphasis on youth development - which was central to London winning the event.

now that has sent alarm bells ringing in my head - what on earth will it be - a cuddly toy dressed as a gangster rapper??

mmmm....I'm a bit worried

mmmm....me too - I hope it has some artistic value.

"Very contemporary and designed to engage teen and pre-teen audiences" could result in something like this.....

medium_paris2012.jpg

.....awful! :blink:

the London logo will just be another step forward to the complete disaster :lol:

Maybe I'm being paranoid,but I'm getting a teensy,weensy feeling that you're not the biggest fan of London 2012 on these boards!! :huh:

What's the budget for Logo Design, Execution and Unveiling? 35 billion?

No,that was just the bid figure.The budget figure will have tripled!! ;)

no, no... it will look like this one...

londonoj5.jpg

where did you get this from? you know i reckon that this will be quite close to the final design!

well i dont believe that the final logo will look like that one i quickly designed.. this supposed to be a joke.. ;)

no seriously - i have a dreadful feeling that your design isn't too far from what we might see! mind you not bad for something that you put together quickly!

Just been reading Marketing Week and the logo is due to be launched in May:

-

the experiential agency"Live Communications" will stage a £2million event in May when the new identity for the 2012 games will be unveiled. Live won the pitch against Imagination and Jack Morton (who produced the athens opening and closing ceremonied).

Well, just did a search for this and it seems as well as this news, BT are going to be the next big sponsor:

BT is understood to be close to signing up as the second domestic sponsor of the London 2012 Olympic Games in a deal that could be worth up to £80m.

Lloyds TSB was confirmed as the first tier-one sponsor last week and sources say BT is in the final stages of talks to become the official telecoms partner. The company was one of the sponsors of the 2012 Olympic bid.

Sponsorship of the 2012 Games is divided into three tiers and the London Organising Committee of the London Games (LOCOG) is looking to sign deals with companies in seven other sectors after the Lloyds deal: insurance, utility services, oil and gas, automotive, telecommunications, aviation and sportswear.

BT has long been considered the frontrunner for the telecoms spot, although Vodafone was also believed to be considering the deal. BT and LOCOG declined to comment on suggestions that a deal is imminent.

Lloyds and, potentially, BT will be able to use their brands in conjunction with the 2012 logo and as backers of Team GB for the next six years, including at the Beijing Games in 2008.

Meanwhile, London 2012 is thought to have appointed experiential agency Live Communications to its below-the-line roster. The Omnicom-owned agency will stage a £2m event in May at which the new identity for the 2012 Olympic Games will be unveiled. More sponsors are expected to be announced at the event. Live is understood to have pitched against Imagination and Jack Morton to win the business. Live previously worked on the 2012 Olympic bid and will now work with LOCOG (London Organising Committee of the Olympic Games) to move London from bid city to host city.

Link

what's the budget for flowers and landscaping? :wacko:

What do you care? Rest assured it will be enough to help make London 2012 the Greatest Show On Earth!! B)

Archived