Nigeria To Bid For Fifa Wc 2018

DId you read the headline of the report guys. "Nigeria TARGETS to host the 2018 WC. We did not say we WILL host the world cup. WHat is wrong with a little optimism?? We are one of the best footballing Nations in africa and racked int he top 10 in the world till Jan. 2007. Please, give us a chance to present our bid. Btw, most people are arguing on the bases of perconcerptions of the country. Nigeria is not on the bink of a civil war!!!! 100 people cannot wage war on over 140million people. Let me ust clear that up!!

Optimism is one thing. But this is bordering on lunacy.

DId you read the headline of the report guys. "Nigeria TARGETS to host the 2018 WC. We did not say we WILL host the world cup. [/b] WHat is wrong with a little optimism?? We are one of the best footballing Nations in africa and racked int he top 10 in the world till Jan. 2007. Please, give us a chance to present our bid. Btw, most people are arguing on the bases of perconcerptions of the country. Nigeria is not on the bink of a civil war!!!! 100 people cannot wage war on over 140million people. Let me ust clear that up!!

Top 10 ? I think not , I doubt Nigeria could beats the likes of USA , South Korea and even Ukraine ! I can think of at least 5-7 African teams that are better than Nigeria . Ranking aren't everything , the 4th placed US team proves this . The only reason this country isn't as poor as the majority of Africa is because of oil . Need I remind you your country could even host a beauty pagent . Even with Optimism , your chances are very low ... Your country can't face bids like USA and England and with SA hosting 2010 ... your optimistic bid is just as crazy as Kenya bidING to host the 2016 SOG !

Top 10 ? I think not , I doubt Nigeria could beats the likes of USA , South Korea and even Ukraine ! I can think of at least 5-7 African teams that are better than Nigeria . Ranking aren't everything , the 4th placed US team proves this . The only reason this country isn't as poor as the majority of Africa is because of oil . Need I remind you your country could even host a beauty pagent . Even with Optimism , your chances are very low ... Your country can't face bids like USA and England and with SA hosting 2010 ... your optimistic bid is just as crazy as Kenya bidING to host the 2016 SOG !

Nigeria ranked 9th until their defeat by Ghana. This was so as they put in the substitute to test the bench.

So with the report of the English Premiership League visiting Nigeria in the last couple of days. Sir David Richards giving Abuja national stadium a thumbs and reports that the premiership league has a MOU (memorandum of understanding) with the Nigerians on 20 new stadiums to start construction in the next year what is so out there about Nigeria hosting a World Cup . I think 2018 may be a bit early considering the South African hosting but 2022 is not a far out possibility.

Right now Liberation Stadium in Port Harcourt is going thru major renovation to bring it up to Fifa Standards with a Chinese company doing the supervision. Abuja National Stadium is at the Fifa standard and I am sure Nigeria Premiership is not taking out loans with Nigerian banks to only have a series of sand lot facilities which they would need the English Premeirship's technical support with. Between Brazil and Nigeria a stadium construction boom is underway and it is being driven by the desire of private clubs to have the very best that is elsewhere in the world including europe. If england does not get its act together for 2018 I could see this going to America frankly. The UEFA standard is the benchmark and in great britian there are about 4 or five stadiums in Great Britian that meet that with two being in Glasgow Scotland. Seems to me that is the standard Brazil is following and that could be the case with Nigeria as well.

I dont think it is realistic for Nigeria to host in 2018 but who knows England the hotbed of the sport has been denied since 1966 while Mexico has hosted twice since 1966 and Germany hosting twice as well. In other words stranger things have happened with sports festival like the world cup. Consider that Argentina, Chile , Brazil and Uraguay have hosted in the past with Colombia having to abandon a bid with Mexico taking up the hosting duties.

Yes again we have certain persons in the world that cant look past they pub crawling dunken noses to a statement that is that a country is going to perhaps bid on the Fifa world cup. How dare the Nigerians even think it LOL. Ground transportation, Air transportation and hotels are the hidden things that are needed in a Nigeria and lesser so in Brazil . With 11 year to a possible hosting and a very hot economy thanks to the world price of energy Nigeria is in the drivers seat and has deals on high speed trains for their country. Nigeria's capacity for construction is very good with a Julius Berger PLC completing projects like Rail Lines, Highways, Airports and Stadiums at a very rapid pace.

Grow up an take off your blinders you ignorance becomes a bunch of three year olds without an internet connection LOL.

jim jones

So with the report of the English Premiership League visiting Nigeria in the last couple of days. Sir David Richards giving Abuja national stadium a thumbs and reports that the premiership league has a MOU (memorandum of understanding) with the Nigerians on 20 new stadiums to start construction in the next year what is so out there about Nigeria hosting a World Cup . I think 2018 may be a bit early considering the South African hosting but 2022 is not a far out possibility.

Right now Liberation Stadium in Port Harcourt is going thru major renovation to bring it up to Fifa Standards with a Chinese company doing the supervision. Abuja National Stadium is at the Fifa standard and I am sure Nigeria Premiership is not taking out loans with Nigerian banks to only have a series of sand lot facilities which they would need the English Premeirship's technical support with. Between Brazil and Nigeria a stadium construction boom is underway and it is being driven by the desire of private clubs to have the very best that is elsewhere in the world including europe. If england does not get its act together for 2018 I could see this going to America frankly. The UEFA standard is the benchmark and in great britian there are about 4 or five stadiums in Great Britian that meet that with two being in Glasgow Scotland. Seems to me that is the standard Brazil is following and that could be the case with Nigeria as well.

I dont think it is realistic for Nigeria to host in 2018 but who knows England the hotbed of the sport has been denied since 1966 while Mexico has hosted twice since 1966 and Germany hosting twice as well. In other words stranger things have happened with sports festival like the world cup. Consider that Argentina, Chile , Brazil and Uraguay have hosted in the past with Colombia having to abandon a bid with Mexico taking up the hosting duties.

Yes again we have certain persons in the world that cant look past they pub crawling dunken noses to a statement that is that a country is going to perhaps bid on the Fifa world cup. How dare the Nigerians even think it LOL. Ground transportation, Air transportation and hotels are the hidden things that are needed in a Nigeria and lesser so in Brazil . With 11 year to a possible hosting and a very hot economy thanks to the world price of energy Nigeria is in the drivers seat and has deals on high speed trains for their country. Nigeria's capacity for construction is very good with a Julius Berger PLC completing projects like Rail Lines, Highways, Airports and Stadiums at a very rapid pace.

Grow up an take off your blinders you ignorance becomes a bunch of three year olds without an internet connection LOL.

Quite apart from your never-ending ability to insult people who actually ask legitimate questions and not answer them, perhaps you should check your facts.

Jim, England has more than 3 FIFA level stadiums

Wembley Stadium - 90,000 - 2007

Emirates Stadium - 60,000 - 2006

Villa Park - 43,275 - 1996

Hillshorough - 39,859 - 1996

Old Trafford - 76,000

Stanley Park - 60,000 - 2009

St. James Park - 52,143 - 2000

Stadium of Light 49,000 - 2000

Riverside Stadium 35,000 - 1997

England also has the resources and the will to better these stadiums and to build new ones.

Nigeria is gonna be waiting a long time, probably around 2034 for their chance and it will also be against Morocco and Egypt. North America, Asia and Europe will all host before Africa gets a second world cup.

Nigeria ranked 9th until their defeat by Ghana. This was so as they put in the substitute to test the bench.

FIFA ranking is flawed , if you want a realiable ranking see elo's . The unfortunate 4th USA prooves this

jim jones

Whats with you and your hatred towards to United Kingdom , first it was Scotland now its England .....

Quite apart from your never-ending ability to insult people who actually ask legitimate questions and not answer them, perhaps you should check your facts.

Your problem is I actually have facts that back up my talk which jives with your little mind.

jim jones

Your problem is I actually have facts that back up my talk which jives with your little mind.

jim jones

Your facts about stadiums in England are sure wrong.

You have an incredible bias towards places that really shouldn't be hosting these kinds of events. I'm sorry but major tournaments are the domain of the rich and its irresponsible for poorer countries to think about these kinds of things because it deflects billions of dollars away from things that should be spent on other than stadiums and infrastructure that when built have been shown to be the sole domain of the rich in that country without giving much benefit to the nation in general.

Nigeria is just inside the top 50 of GDP and under 100 million annually and is ranked 163th in the world for GDP/capita at about 1200 USD per person per year. Burkina Faso is in front of you. Hong Kong and Singapore both outperform you aswell in total GDP and you are only third in Africa behind South Africa and Algeria (also ranked 88th per capita). These are not the indicators of a wealthy prospering country, like you say, Nigeria is only 1 billion dollars ahead of Romania a very poor European country. (10 billion behind Hungary that says it can't host, 90 billion behind Portugal that says it can't host, 175 billion behind Denmark that says it can't host, 200 billion behind Norway and Poland, 250 behind Sweden, 225 behind Belgium, 525 behind Netherlands, all countries that would have difficulties hosting a summer Olympics, even Ireland and Finland at at least 100 ahead of you, Greece is a 125 and we all know the troubles they had)

Just because a country is throwing away money at unnecessary sports infrastructure for prestige reasons, does not make them a suitable candidate for hosting of event that will cost in the billions of dollars. I think that South Africa will have major problems if Cape Town or Jo'burg are given the right to host in the future (2020, 2024, 2028) because of the debt that South Africa will have to go into to host a major event. South Africa is having huge problems with the WC and is unlikely that they will meet any of the bid deadlines.

You don't deal in facts. That's your problem. What you posted was plain wrong and you haven't got the guts to admit it.

Your facts about stadiums in England are sure wrong.

You have an incredible bias towards places that really shouldn't be hosting these kinds of events. I'm sorry but major tournaments are the domain of the rich and its irresponsible for poorer countries to think about these kinds of things because it deflects billions of dollars away from things that should be spent on other than stadiums and infrastructure that when built have been shown to be the sole domain of the rich in that country without giving much benefit to the nation in general.

Nigeria is just inside the top 50 of GDP and under 100 million annually and is ranked 163th in the world for GDP/capita at about 1200 USD per person per year. Burkina Faso is in front of you. Hong Kong and Singapore both outperform you aswell in total GDP and you are only third in Africa behind South Africa and Algeria (also ranked 88th per capita). These are not the indicators of a wealthy prospering country, like you say, Nigeria is only 1 billion dollars ahead of Romania a very poor European country. (10 billion behind Hungary that says it can't host, 90 billion behind Portugal that says it can't host, 175 billion behind Denmark that says it can't host, 200 billion behind Norway and Poland, 250 behind Sweden, 225 behind Belgium, 525 behind Netherlands, all countries that would have difficulties hosting a summer Olympics, even Ireland and Finland at at least 100 ahead of you, Greece is a 125 and we all know the troubles they had)

Just because a country is throwing away money at unnecessary sports infrastructure for prestige reasons, does not make them a suitable candidate for hosting of event that will cost in the billions of dollars. I think that South Africa will have major problems if Cape Town or Jo'burg are given the right to host in the future (2020, 2024, 2028) because of the debt that South Africa will have to go into to host a major event. South Africa is having huge problems with the WC and is unlikely that they will meet any of the bid deadlines.

What do you expect from a poster that lives by the mantra: "These big events are getting\ too expensive for rich countries to host _ let's give them to the developing world instead".

Archived