Glasgow Or Abuja?

Scotguy

GLasgow 2014 or Abuja 2014?

it rips me apart emotionally . Africa never hosting or the city that my town in nova scotia is named for. I love Glasgow even though i have never been their but

at this time I think it is Africas turn and Abuja has the facilities, money and development abilities to host.

jim jones

You only think it? Strange that. Are you starting to doubt?

It is not doubt about abuja's ability. How that juluis berger company puts up facilities I would be very confident that capital projects would be on budget , on time and the highest of quality. I personally wonder about the committee and the organizational skills. They seem to be laying very low under the radar. That seems to be the nature of the country LOL.

How Glasgow with a podcast by kip keino for highland springs water and a outdoor campaign for their trucks are certainly putting in a huge marketing effort that certainly would have my confidence.

The partnerships in Halifax were just down out dreadful. A beer company adding a dollar onto the price of special commonwealth games beer was something.

Then the panhandling inside the liquor commission was something that angered people here.

The National Nigerian companies certainly put the money up for sport sponsorship but that is not appearing with the games like it is in Glasgow.

I see some encouraging things filtering out of Abuja and perhaps what we are seeing is a society that is playing lose to their chest.

Our desire for information does not need to be satified at all for a bid to be conducted except if you are in halifax nova scotia with a society that has had its share of boondoggles by the politicans

jim jones

If you think that Halifax does not offer lessons to all bid teams then you are sadly mistaken. They allowed themselves to get swallowed up by their obsession with only revealing what they wanted to when they wanted to. They should have made a conscious decision to up the ante when the speculation deepened as it did. Being straight with people is the best way to do business.

If you think that Halifax does not offer lessons to all bid teams then you are sadly mistaken. They allowed themselves to get swallowed up by their obsession with only revealing what they wanted to when they wanted to. They should have made a conscious decision to up the ante when the speculation deepened as it did. Being straight with people is the best way to do business.

well you are right on the being straight part and that all places should really take heed with what went down . The problem thought has been the obsession of hosting these games for 20 years by one fred macgillivray. The problems that have come to light in the consultants report really point to very bad judgement by the man and his not doing his homework well in advance. Dont get me wrong I actually like respect and admire FREd Mac gillivray. The man has had success in and outside sports venue administration but on this count it really is an unrealistic dream he was pursueing after victoria. Fred seems to have been in denial since victoria to the increasing size of these games. If you dont have the planning for facilities before and after the games you are really playing a fools game because you cant possibly recoup anything near what you spend on the games.

There is no tennant for a stadium in halifax and that was in the report. Then you have that 72 million it would cost for the tv rights and production while the earnings were 16 million less then the cost. People are not going to be taxed for the next 120 years to provide india with a tv feed for the commonwealth games in halifax for a mere 400,000 dollar like the indians pulled on melbourne.

The bid might have been one of the most ill conceived documents produced in canadian histroy as a business plan and People are very smart in this province to see dumbness that is so apparent.

jim jones

To borrow a phrase from a British politician Gerald Kaufman - "the longest suicide note in history"?

Fred mac gillivray's ambition or my thesis on the man LOL

I will have to remember that one "the longest suicide note in history" very funny

Jim jones

Archived