Quintana

HOPE THIS HELPS,,,,,

GERMANY'S 2012 NOMINATION INFORMATION

UNSUCCESSFUL BIDS/WEBSITES

Duesseldorf

Frankfurt

Stuttgart

Hamburg

Following are the full and final ballot results of the German Olympic Committee's election to nominate its 2012 Olympic Bid candidate (according to MDR.de).

Leipzig won the nomination and Rostock was chosen for sailing.

1st ballot (135 Votes)

1. Leipzig: 55 Votes; 40,7 Percent

2. Hamburg: 27; 20,0

3. Frankfurt: 21; 15,6

4. Düsseldorf: 17; 12,6

5. Stuttgart: 15; 11,1

2nd ballot (134 Votes)

1. Leipzig: 57; 42,5

2. Düsseldorf: 31; 23,1

3. Hamburg: 30; 22,4

4. Frankfurt: 16; 11,9

3rd ballot (135 Votes)

1. Leipzig: 58: 43,0

2. Hamburg: 42: 31,1

3. Düsseldorf: 35; 25,9

4th ballot (132 Votes)

1. Leipzig: 81; 61,4

2. Hamburg: 51; 38,6

Sailing(131 Votes/1 Ballot)

1. Rostock: 69; 52,7

2. Kiel: 46

3. Stralsund: 7

4. Cuxhaven: 6

5. Lübeck: 3

PRE-NOMINATION INFORMATION

Germany's National Olympic Committee will vote to nominate their candidate to bid for the 2012 Olympic Games on April 12, 2003 at the Hilton Park Hotel in Munich.

The winning city will compete against international cities for the right to host the 2012 Games. The final vote will take place in Singapore in July, 2005 and competitors will include New York and Madrid and possibly Paris, Moscow, London, Rio de Janeiro, Cape Town, Toronto and others.

PRESENTATIONS

On April 12 the candidates will make final presentations to the NOK in the following order -

Hamburg

Frankfurt

Stuttgart

Dusseldorf

Leipzig

There are five Olympic sail applicants, (Rostock, Stralsund/Ruegen, Luebeck, Kiel and Cuxhaven), also competing.

VOTING

The voting will take place in Munich at 16:30 local German time. The first ballot results will be announced at approximately 16:40 and there could be up to three additional ballots.

If there is no absolute majority on a ballot, the bid with the least amount of votes will be eliminated before the next ballot. When a bid collects the majority of the votes, it will win the nomination.

According to Berliner Zeitung, twenty-five NOK members, 16 honorary and 25 ex-officio NOK members, and 32 Olympic sports associations, with three votes each, must decide who the German candidate will be.

Out of possible 137 votes, 69 are needed for an absolute majority.

EVALUATION REPORT

Scores released March 13, 2003.

TOTALS

Hamburg 428.18 points

Leipzig 421.37 points

Frankfurt 417.32 points

Düsseldorf 409.44 points

Stuttgart 408.32 points

TOTALS- SAILING

Kiel 343.38 points

Rostock 335.86 points

Lübeck 315.08 points

Stralsund 295.45 points

Cuxhaven 287.90 points

CATEGORY WINNERS

Hamburg tops 9 categories

Düsseldorf tops 4 categories

Frankfurt tops 3 categories

Leipzig tops 3 categories

Stuttgart tops 1 category

SCORES IN IOC CATEGORIES ONLY

Hamburg 299.52 points

Frankfurt 296.40 points

Leipzig 295.36 points

Stuttgart 286.06 points

Düsseldorf 284.36 points

I think, that the report is on the website of the German NOC.

(nok.de)

I loved our German competition. It was really thrilling and exciting- and for me the first opportunity to be engaged for the Olympic Movement (Stuttgart 2012).

I also liked it at the end, but I also was very angry about it and wondered why they did something like that.

I am still convinced that we only have three cities in Germany which are able to host the Olympic Summer Games (and most of the sport scientists do say so):

1. Berlin

2. Hamburg

3. Munich

So my personal opinion is that all the Inner German applicant cities spent loads of money for nothing.

Rather Stuttgart, nor Frankfurt, nor Düsseldorf/ Cologne and Leipzig is without chances in an international competition.

Therefore I do hope that the German NOC wont do something like this again.

Given the ratings, it seems that the German Olympic Committee thought the Leipzig bid strong enough to go with and allow for an Eastern city to have a go. Given I always thought the bid quite weak, I find that surprising.

Leipzig has won, because of a dispute between Düsseldorf and Hamburg.

So my personal opinion is that all the Inner German applicant cities spent loads of money for nothing.

Therefore I do hope that the German NOC wont do something like this again.

This is exactly what the present USOC, under Peter Ueberroth's direction, is trying to do: minimize useless effort and cost when it'll all come down to the 2 or 3 cities anyway that really stand a good chance of delivering WINNABLE and quality Games:  NYC, Chicago and possibly San Francisco -- and not Minneapolis, Santa Fe, Dallas, or I think, even LA.

I think that all cities had good plans.

Duesseldorf was widespread, but had a fantastic concept, leipzig´s new clustering was also ok, Hamburg was compact but they were to self-confident (see Paris). I liked Stuttgart´s plans most-but,as a former bidcommittee-member, that is not very surprising  :D

Maybe some impressions of the different campaigns:

Olympiatag-G-web.jpg

173479.jpg

image002.jpg

diverses2012-03-06.jpgparcours2012-03-04.jpg

Thanks for the nice pics Daniel!!

Yes they all had - and I really watched this competition with great interests and it was good to see that enthusiatsic inhabitants backed their bids.

On the other hand it didn`t make any sense to start an inner competition. All these Cities are quite nice and have their nice places and cornerns. But its definetly not enough for the Olympics.

So they spent loads for nothing. Noone can be stupid enough to think that there will be any chance to have an Olympics in Frankfurt, Leipzig, Düsseldorf/ Cologne and Stuttgart one day...

Its the same with the UK: Birmingham failed for 1992, Manchester for 1996 and 2000 - nice cities, but the majority doesn`t know anything about them.

Thats why the British Olympic Association after 1993 did everything to back London for the next time the country intends to bid.

London had a reputation and everyone can associate some thing special to this city. It is big enough to solve the problems an Olympics will bring.

Aslong as there is noone in the NOC with visions, ideasls, we wont have games here in the next time....

I miss Willi Daume  :cry:

STUTTGART

stuttgart02380x2724fj.jpg

stbildpark6kq.jpg

Oooh I loved the "ring of cultures". that was something special. direct behind the stadium was the site for the olympic village. The NOC eval. com. said in their report, that an athlet would need at leat 15-20 min to get to the stadion. ha-haaaaaaa !maybe the 83 year old Graf -Landsberg Vehlen (EC chairman)-but not an athlet. This report was full of unspecific and unreal arguments.

the venue next to the "Neckar" (the river) was our planned swimming stadion. On the other side was the IOChotel(left) and on the right site the IBC.

The stadion is one of the 2006 soccer-stadions.

Yes the Stuttgart concept for the main olympic parc was very good. And I love the Gottlieb Daimler Stadium :-) But unfortunatly it was in the heart of Bad Cannstatt - which still has the industrial touch - not very nice for (international) visitors.

But some spectacular plans existed for changing that.

(f.e. lightning the gastower in Bad-Cannstatt with a special lightshow)

Did you know, that the bid-committee had planned two flame-cauldrons: one near the roof construction and one inside the stadion. both connected with  one steal construction.

maybe some other pics, demonstrating the passion of the 5 cities:

Düsseldorf:

olympia.jpg

Vesper.JPG

Stuttgart:

Stuttgart%20für%20olympia%202012.jpg

olympia_Schlossplatz.jpg

stu~4.JPG

Leipzig:

063.jpg

0,1886,2147958,00.jpg

Geez. In one of the pictures, is it really necessary to have someone holding that UFP flag with the rest of them?  ???

Yeah, but what kind of flag? I don't think the "United Federation of Planets" flag really fits in that picture. The rest of them seems to be okay to show, but that one mentioned kind of irks me a bit.

I think Berlin would be the best candidate for Germany. The city, history and the fantastic Olympic Stadium would make a great Olympics....

The bid of Hamburg 2008 looked very also, but internationally Berlin would make more impact, I think.

Archived