Olympic Stadium: Beijing National Stadium

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I absolutely don't expect it to be the cauldron tower. And that's actually all I have to say about that.

Don't crap your pants, everyone, this could be anything! But if you ask me, I would guess they're setting up the suspended cauldron's support because (1) where it sits on the stadiums (on a corne

The Water Cube is interesting... I'd almost like to see water actually running over the roof and the sides of the building, give it sort of a unique look.

As for the Birds Nest... I'll give them more time to finish, but right now, I find it a very forbidding structure. Like a massive steel cage.

Yep. That's my feeling as well - the aquatics centre is much more beautiful than the stadium. But then, I suspect the same will be true of our Olympics in London as well.

I really do think that the Olympic stadium borders on ugly. I do love the Aquatics cube though. I think it will look especially great when it's all lit up. The pics of it illuminated look amazing.

Edited by mallaka

I'll be interested to see how the cauldron will be intergrated into the stadium. There seems to be no place for it, unlike in the previous few Olympics that had a built-in place for the cauldron that made it a focal point.

I think the stadium will look great when the lining and interior is put it. The weave over a light-up red lining will be amazing.

I do not like the cube, its just a box, not so interesting.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

According to BOCOG, the preparations for the opening ceremony are the reason for the slight delay of the completion of the National Stadium:

All competition venues will be completed before the end of this year, except for the National Stadium, which will finish in early 2008 due to items related to the Opening Ceremony.

http://en.beijing2008.cn/1year/officialcam...214120858.shtml

Well, if that's really the reason for the delay, we can possibly expect something technically very spectacular at the opening ceremony. I hope that it's not yet another big water pool :lol: It was a great idea but I don't want Beijing to copy that, too.

I don't think they'll do a giant water pool.

From what I've been hearing today it sounds much more probable that a giant fog will envelope the stadium during the OC.