Olympic Stadium: Beijing National Stadium

mr.x

Or are the jumping and trowing area's at that side of the track?

But there is still a bit yellow in that section, so there will be no vip's there. They don't want to sit next to the 'normal people'. The grey sector at the end of the 100 meter line will be reserved for the press. They will have a stand like in Athens.

Goeden avond!

:)

Great to see someone from the Netherlands here on GB!!

yeah normally the jumping and throwing areas in the areas of the turns of the tracks (except the long jump is parallel to the 100 m track) - if this area is for the coaches for these sports why isn't such "grey sector" on the diagonal side of the stadium, too (since both turns are used)?

Goeden avond!

:)

Great to see someone from the Netherlands here on GB!!

En dat vanuit Hamburg :P Zo'n grote fan van vd Vaart dat je in Hamburg bent gaan wonen?

Maar idd een Nederlandse fan op GB!

OT: You mean that for coaches there has to be also a spot at section E?

This map had been posted by TNMP in another thread, but I think this is interesting in this thread too

The grey part of sector L is interesting - I really wonder why this part wasn't in free sale - the other grey parts are of course for "VIPs" and the media, but for whom is the grey part in sector L?

I doubt that this part is for coaches, because this place would fit for 100 m/ 110 m hurdles only...

Strange indeed, but it's not only for the ceremonies this part, so I think it's not for a choir or something.

En dat vanuit Hamburg :P Zo'n grote fan van vd Vaart dat je in Hamburg bent gaan wonen?

Maar idd een Nederlandse fan op GB!

Sorry I don't speak Dutch, but I understand a little bit what you are saying...

;)

van_der_vaart_08.jpg

Yeah I am a huge fan from Rafael van der Vaart (he is really a terrific player), but I am a real Hamburg citizen and as a real Hamburg citizen I have an affection for our neighbours - and therefore for the Netherlands, too

rathh1.jpg

Amsterdam (the palace at the Dam is visible) on the left side... / on the other side Athens with the Acropolis

Do you know that in the tower room of our city hall is a painting from Amsterdam (together with Athens, Venice and Genova)?

Edited by Citius Altius Fortius

OT: You mean that for coaches there has to be also a spot at section E?

yes- otherwise it wouldn't been logic - why should be a sector for coaches for the disciplines (which are held in the turn in the upper part of the pic), but not for the disciplines (which are held in the turn in the lower part of the pic) - and why are not areas for the coaches of the athlestes of the steeplechase race? which is normally on the other side of the 100 m track?

So let me get this straight:

- Chinese Authority respects and invients Sarkozy to Opening-> BAD

- 90% of Chinese opinion poll unwelcomes him -> BAD

:(

Seems to me that the Chinese Authority is out of touch with its citizens.

And of course, this has nothing to do with the fact that the Chinese leaders have overplayed the images of the Paris Torch Relay...

It's lose / lose here. Had Sarkozy decided not to come, we would have read in the Chinese media about how it was an insult to the Chinese people, how Sarkozy was mixing sports and politics.

For whatever reasons, the Chinese government seems to be decided to punish France.

Seems to me that the Chinese Authority is out of touch with its citizens.

And of course, this has nothing to do with the fact that the Chinese leaders have overplayed the images of the Paris Torch Relay...

It's lose / lose here. Had Sarkozy decided not to come, we would have read in the Chinese media about how it was an insult to the Chinese people, how Sarkozy was mixing sports and politics.

For whatever reasons, the Chinese government seems to be decided to punish France.

well~it's the lack of democracy as France always criticises about China. But for politicians, their vision got to go beyond the ultimate response from the public. That applise to both Paris and Beijing

You are right about the pathetic drama here. Well~ Chinese media unable to beautify the actual truth just to present a harmonious image of France to Chinese audiences, at least they'll have to show some professionalism, not like Some bunch making bias and misleading messages. And China has the largest population on the internet, that's including millions of overseas Chinese not being influenced by Chinese media, but it shows they still suggesting a emotional boycott of Sarkozy. And the most common motivates they expressing is not about complaining him about the olympics issue, actually nobody cares how special he is among another 80 world leaders. It's just a two-faced politics show he's trying messing around with the national pride of China and indeed that's just making the worst impression of France of all time. Arrogance, empty idealology, hippocratic ego ..... I am thinking they couldn't have become the messages France trying to send to, but in fact it all gone to the opposite.

At least China broke the ice of Cold War to attend 1984 Los Angles and supported the modern olympics by all its real strength and passions. didn't expect a communist nation boycotted the games in Moscow 1988. Time is changing, Olympics is nothing like a sterotype show in China, but still if the people choose to dislike French food, you cannot say that's punishing French people. That's just a self-conscious and childish logic here. Or maybe to say it's the stupid argument was not supposed to start at the first place.

Or to say it's just overall Chinese and French dislike each other generally not just governments. Time kills everything as it gone by

I found the following aerial picture in the SkycraperCity forum:

200871522325096801cq2.jpg

There, you can clearly recognise two long rails in the northeast corner of the roof. So here's the definite proof that what we saw on all those pictures of the cauldron assembly are definitely rails on which the cauldron could travel to its final position at the rim of the roof and then flip up. The rails also seem long enough to prevent at least major parts of the audience from seeing the cauldron before the actual cauldron ceremony. And maybe they'll keep that inflatable hangar above the cauldron until the opening ceremony is already underway?

i have no doubts that the cauldron will be something like representing this....

31001391_7882dfccac.jpg

i'm not buying into the whole pheonix/egg thing.

Sorry, but so far the cauldron didn't look at all like this. It looked rather like conic, with a curved "flap" (like a bird's tail) at its end. They would have to do a lot of remodeling to make it look like such a round lantern! ;)

Sorry, but so far the cauldron didn't look at all like this. It looked rather like conic, with a curved "flap" (like a bird's tail) at its end. They would have to do a lot of remodeling to make it look like such a round lantern! ;)

That is where i believe most are wrong. China has been a closed country for a very long time. They know how to cover things up from the media. They know how to control. I doubt all the images of the "secret" cauldron assembly are what will actually be used in the cermeony. They're smarter than that. The whole bird/egg thing could be for the ceremony but not the flame. Would they make it THAT obvious??? I doubt it.

That is where i believe most are wrong. China has been a closed country for a very long time. They know how to cover things up from the media. They know how to control. I doubt all the images of the "secret" cauldron assembly are what will actually be used in the cermeony. They're smarter than that. The whole bird/egg thing could be for the ceremony but not the flame. Would they make it THAT obvious??? I doubt it.

oh....another sterotype

oh....another sterotype

... your reaction is interesting - do you think that Aronious' opinion is wrong? What is your opinion, maryjane?

I am a little bit surprised that you are calling Aronious' post a "conspiracy theory" - he is just saying that China knows how to keep a secret - there is nothing like a conspiracy in his post as far as an eye can see....

theres no hidden agenda. I was just pointing out that if Atlanta and Sydney can keep their cauldron behind closed doors until the final moments surely a country which knows how to work the media can do also. Esspecially considering the anticipation behind Beijings games. I live thousands of kilometers from Beijing and there is a lot of hype here about 08.08.08.

Any country would want to keep everything as secret as possible, China in particular.

Edited by Aronious

theres no hidden agenda. I was just pointing out that if Atlanta and Sydney can keep their cauldron behind closed doors until the final moments surely a country which knows how to work the media can do also. Esspecially considering the anticipation behind Beijings games. I live thousands of kilometers from Beijing and there is a lot of hype here about 08.08.08.

Any country would want to keep everything as secret as possible, China in particular.

... here in Germany the anticipation is increasing, too!!!

well~I heard about the engineering part of the cauldron has been involved with the Patent from China aerospace science industry. That's definitly beyond the common secrets