The best olympic bid logo

thatsnotmypuppy

could not find the San Fransico Pin on eBay (the one with the bridge)

as someone said the London 2012 wsa not and original. Well looks like Moscow 2012 is not original... I give you bid pins for Moscow 1980

11ri.jpg

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I believe that the UofA is going for the Universaide Games, cannot remmeber which year tho.

2011. However, I don't know what is going on here, but there's talk about Calgary and Kamloops wanting to bid for the 2011 winter version. Edmonton wants the summer version.

Talk about un-original:   :glare:

lg2002b0.gif

12.jpg

Although I did like Lake Placids a lot until Albertville's came out.  Sarajevo and Calgary's I just didn't care for

The thing w/ the early bid logos is that, unless you have a top-notch "logo" designer professional in your ranks, the "bid" logos are often designed by (any) amateur artists that the also-fledgling bid committees can get their hands on, just to meet the early deadlines.  

It's only later, when the bid committees rank higher, are more formalized and professional, have better funding, that they can launch credible design contests OR afford the more professional logo/graphic artists (who need to be paid for the craft as well).

[LA84, I sent you a PM.]

dose anyone have a picture of the Barcelona 1992 Troch Relay Logo, it is blue, but i do not want the picture of the pin, also dose anyone have the web adress for the site with all the Olympic Reports

Now that the official Vancouver 2010 Olympic Winter Games logo is out, how do you guys like or dislike about it? How does it compare to all revelant logos of the past?

Now that the official Vancouver 2010 Olympic Winter Games logo is out, how do you guys like or dislike about it? How does it compare to all revelant logos of the past?

I totally dislike it..... The worst case in logo history. Sorry thats my opinion.

All the Olympic logos we had until now were better - even the Beijing logo is better.

I really liked Vancouvers Bid Logo. Something totally different than this.... But we have to live with it  :sniffle:

Bring back Izzy.

I so concur.

I really dont like the new logo for the 2010 games. Probably would have been better top stick aroud with the candidacy logo, even if it is not "etiquette". I think the Canadian color scheme of the other logo had much more to offer than this new logo that looks like a preschooler made it.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I think Borjomi on some level is the best ever.  :wwww:

I prefer bid logos that BARELY have anything to do with the country at all, as that reflects the all-the-eggs-in-one-basket thing.

But I don't dislike any logos really. The more original the better they serve their purpose I suppose.

Archived