The best olympic bid logo

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

i just post this and for me the best bid logo is Buenos Aires 2004, its beautiful and simple.

lg2004b8.gif

Always it seems like the bidding city has some weird desings and they forget what they have around em like a flower or animals, in this case i guess it is smething very representative of Buenos Aires a seagull....

for me this is the most beautiful logo since now... :grinning:

i just post this and for me the best bid logo is Buenos Aires 2004, its beautiful and simple.

lg2004b8.gif

Always it seems like the bidding city has some weird desings and they forget what they have around em like a flower or animals, in this case i guess it is smething very representative of Buenos Aires a seagull....

for me this is the most beautiful logo since now... :grinning:

Actually, I didn't think of it as a seagull _ I thought a condor.

Whatever, I do like it a lot!!

If anyone ever wants a very comprehensive list of logos, mascots and other marketing devices from past Games - be the Olympic, World Championships, the World Cup or other Intenational sporting events...check out Aleksandr Vernik's excellent resource site:

aldaver.com

Yep, it's a great site. It has just about anything you'd ever want. I've long had it as one of my link favourites on my home net profile.

Is this the one you're talking about?

un1993lg.jpg

Hmmm, simple, yet striking.

That's the one, Rol.  Thanks.  Yeah, and the way to look at that logo is that they are 5 chevrons (Indian arrowheads) coming together for a convergence...As they say, simple is best.

(I didn't know Vernik's website was still around.  I thought it disappeared for awhile.)

The rings are.  Heck, that's the whole idea.  WHy do you think John Hancock or MacDonald's would pay $50,000,000 or whatever?  It's one of the world's most recognizable symbols and therefore one of the most marketable brands.  

As for the colors, they are not mandatory, but it would make sense to use them, wouldn't it?  It would all tie in as one; right?

Is this the one you're talking about?

un1993lg.jpg

Hmmm, simple, yet striking.

That's the one, Rol.  Thanks.  Yeah, and the way to look at that logo is that they are 5 chevrons (Indian arrowheads) coming together for a convergence...As they say, simple is best.

(I didn't know Vernik's website was still around.  I thought it disappeared for awhile.)

It is rather surprising that it is the only Summer Universiade ever hosted in the USA. Of course, when such a same-age group for a Universiade competes in the Olympic Games and kicks butt (plus winning medals there en masse), the Universiade is pretty much a side-show.

A bid city does not get rights to the Olympic rings until it becomes a Candidate City - that is after the shortlist.  They can then market themselves with the Olympic rings.

I would guess that a lot of bid cities use the Olympic colours in their bid logos to brand themselves as "Olympic Cities".  Well, strangely enough, for the Summer Games it worked.  Seoul, Barcelona, Atlanta, Sydney and Beijing all used all 5 Olympic colours in their bid logo.  Athens didn't when they won 2004.  Failed bids such as Melbourne 96, Manchester 96, and Cape Town 04 are the only others that I can think of that used all 5 colours and failed.

Will Paris and London keep this trend going?  Or will NYC pull an Athens?  Or will Moscow and Madrid bring us back to the mid 70's when Olympic logos were simple and red?  Oh, the mystery of it all!

Salt Lake didn't have the colors in its bid.

• 1 month later...
i have San Francisco 2012 logo..anyone is interested?

mexico1968, i'm interested. May I see it please?

Ok..here we go..

this are pictures i take in Madrid Olympic Museum.

This is San Francisco 2012 Bid POster

poster7nz.jpg

And this is the Logo..i sorry is in very bad quality..but is a picture..

logo1ez.jpg

So what do  you think..bridge to the future?

Archived