2011 Fifa Women's World Cup

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

for my personal point of view, I hope it will not take place in Canada....

I can afford travels to France or Germany - it's all the same, but Canada is far away...also large distances between canada cities.....from vancouver til montreal....many thousands of miles.....it will be very bad....for not very rich people.....

so I think it should be Germany or France.

maybe they could even co-host......a joint French-German championship would be best!!! :rolleyes:

for my personal point of view, I hope it will not take place in Canada....

I can afford travels to France or Germany - it's all the same, but Canada is far away...also large distances between canada cities.....from vancouver til montreal....many thousands of miles.....it will be very bad....for not very rich people.....

so I think it should be Germany or France.

maybe they could even co-host......a joint French-German championship would be best!!! :rolleyes:

Do you plan on seeing every team possible? Certain groups will be concentrated in different areas. There will the Western cluster of cities such as Vancouver, Calgary and Edmonton which aren't that far apart to warrant high traveling expenses. Then you will have your Eastern cluster with cities: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton, Montreal which are not that far apart as well that it would be unbelievably expensive.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

it seems like Germany is taking the bid more serious then the other countries

onn.dfb.de you can find few informations, a logo, a poster-campaign, a video

and from the other countries i can´t find nothing, not even a bid-logo :unsure:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Germany offered France to support her Euro 2016 bid if they withdraw her 2011 Womens WC bid

Germany is afraid that two good Euroepan bids would kill each other and Canada would walk away with the right to host the WC 2011!

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.soccer365.com/US_NEWS/National_...91_145671.shtml

FIFA VP Backing Canada 2011 Women’s World Cup Bid

09/07/07

FIFA Vice President Jack Warner, who has been overwhelmed by Canadians' support of the U-20 World Cup, reaffirmed yesterday that he is in this country's corner in the bidding for the 2011 Women World Cup.

A report in the Ottawa Sun on Wednesday stated: “Canada's quest to land the 2011 Women's World Cup has the unwavering support of one of world soccer's biggest power brokers.”

France and Canada are considered the front-runners to win the host's role for the event. Canadian Soccer Association president Colin Linford said he expects a decision before year's end, likely by November.

Warner said Canada long ago proved it could support a FIFA women's event when the 2002 U-19 World Cup final was played before a near-capacity crowd at 59,000-seat Commonwealth Stadium in Edmonton.

"Canada will have my full support for the 2011 competition," said Warner, also the President of CONCACAF.

He also pointed to massive ticket sales for the U-20 World Cup in a country that has little in the way of soccer pedigree. Yet, Canada has done what many countries "thought was impossible, almost unthinkable," Warner said, with sales having surpassed one million tickets.

Warner believes it's very possible the U-20 record of 1.155 million -- set in Mexico in 1983 -- could fall before Canada 2007 is over.

"If I didn't put my weight behind Canada (in the 2011 bidding) now, I would be failing them," Warner added.

Germany deserves the WWC, they are one of the best teams compared to France that has barely qualified.

They just hosted the biggest football tournament last year. I read articles saying that will negatively affect their bid for the Women's WC.

• 1 month later...
Most likely a backroom deal - France pulls out of 2011 to support Germany, and in turn, Germany will throw its weight behind France for the 2016 Euros....

I beat that was the FFF's intentions when they had the surprise bid.

well, also the French must've realised that their women's football team, even by 2011, is nowhere near the strength of the German women's team, so a French women's team might be out by even the 2011 quarterfinals. So, as you surmise, they'd be better off going after the 2016 Euros.

In which case the US can just kiss goodbye to WC 2014, 2018... ;)

i have read that german football federation and French football federation will sign a agreement to support each other in the future, and work together.

so Germany will support the Euro 2016 Bid from France (Italy will be really mad about this)

and France will support the Women WC bid from Germany now.

Archived