2011 Fifa Women's World Cup

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sh!t, i missed the presentations. Any link or any thoughts would be great.

I've missed the Canadian presentation and the first five minutes of the German one.

The German presentation (as far as I could watch it) consisted of several clips about the role of the German women's football in general (with many pictures from this year's World Cup victory), about Lira Bajmiraj (who was also on the stage in Zurich), some impressions from the 2006 World Cup and a short taped message by Angela Merkel (who looked extremely pale).

In between Monica Lierhaus (for all international readers: she's a sports journalist from ARD Television) chatted with Birgit Prinz, Lira Bajmiraj, Theo Zwanziger and Wolfgang Niersbach (the president and the director of the German Football Association DFB) about the bid concept and the importance of a World Cup on German soil.

And according to Monica Lierhaus' final comments, the microphone didn't work at the beginning of the presentation.

All in all, it was an unspectacular but coherent and informative presentation which only took 15 minutes. But I guess that such Women's World Cup presentations are never very elaborate.

Congrats to Germany for getting it. Canada clearly needs better stadiums.......

I don't think that this was the problem for Canada's bid. I think it was simply inevitable that Europe (and additionally, the country of the two-times Women's World Champion) gets a share of the Women's World Cup after so many years.

Well, I'm very happy about this result and that I can say now: Welcome back, football supporters from all over the world! I'm just curious what was the exact result of the vote. They haven't announced anything at the official ceremony so far.

I don't think that this was the problem for Canada's bid. I think it was simply inevitable that Europe (and additionally, the country of the two-times Women's World Champion) gets a share of the Women's World Cup after so many years.

Well, I'm very happy about this result and that I can say now: Welcome back, football supporters from all over the world! I'm just curious what was the exact result of the vote. They haven't announced anything at the official ceremony so far.

I am sorry, but where are you getting this information from, I have checked the BBC, TSN, CBC and FIFA and all say the decision is still pending. The only one that gives it to Germany is wikipedia.

The general-secretary of FIFA has just said that neither he nor Sepp Blatter know the exact result of the vote -- and he said that he assumes that the result won't be published. That's really strange... :huh: For the Men's World Cup, the voting results are always published.

I am sorry, but where are you getting this information from, I have checked the BBC, TSN, CBC and FIFA and all say the decision is still pending. The only one that gives it to Germany is wikipedia.

There's a live stream on fifa.com.

Additionally, it's already reported by German media. For example here:

Spiegel Online

Interestingly the decision is not excepted to 12:00ET (I think it would be 6pm your time).

No! As I mentioned before in this thread, the announcement was scheduled for 15:00 CET. And it has already officially taken place. The English section of fifa.com is only a little bit slow of reporting the result. The German section is faster:

Official confirmation on fifa.com

The headline reads "Germany awarded FIFA Women's World Cup in 2011"

On another note, I missed Canada's bidding part, did anybody see it? I still want to find out what Stadiums they were proposing on using, as by FIFA regulations (are they the same for both World Cups?) Canada only has 4 venues already built that can host a football team and is over 40K capacity, and another Stadium that is about to be built that would be exactly at 40K.......

And these are the twelve stadia set as hosts for the 2011 World Cup (I don't know whether FIFA wants to narrow down the number once more):

stadion_augsburg_400.jpg

Augsburg, Bavaria - Rosenaustadion - 25,500 seats - to be newly constructed

stadion_berlin_400.jpg

Berlin - Olympiastadion - 74,000 seats - existing

stadion_bielefeld_400.jpg

Bielefeld, North Rhine-Westphalia - Schüco-Arena - 28,000 seats - to be refurbished

stadion_bochum_400.jpg

Bochum, North Rhine-Westphalia - Ruhrstadion - 23,000 seats - to be refurbished

stadion_rudolf_harbig_dresd.jpg

Dresden, Saxony - Rudolf-Harbig-Stadion - 27,000 seats - to be newly constructed

essen_dpa_400.jpg

Essen, North Rhine-Westphalia - Georg-Melches-Stadion - 25,000 seats - to be refurbished

(To be continued...)

stadion_frankfurt_1_400.jpg

Frankfurt, Hesse - Commerzbank-Arena - 49,000 seats - existing

stadion_leverkusen_400.jpg

Leverkusen, North Rhine-Westphalia - BayArena - 30,000 seats - to be refurbished

stadion_magdeburg_1_400.jpg

Magdeburg, Saxony-Anhalt - Stadion Magdeburg - 27,000 seats - existing

stadion_gladbach_400.jpg

Mönchengladbach, North Rhine-Westphalia - Borussia Park - 46,000 seats - existing

stadion_sinsheim_1_400.jpg

Sinsheim, Baden-Württemberg - TSG-Arena - 25,500 seats - to be newly constructed

stadion_wolfsburg_400.jpg

Wolfsburg, Lower Saxony - Volkswagen-Arena - 25,000 seats - existing

So Germany is won the host ? Then for 2011-2014 the world will be focus ti europeam

2011 - Germany

2012 - London

2014 - Sochi and also EURO 2014...

You mean EURO 2012 (in Poland and the Ukraine). But it's natural that a EURO is staged on European soil, isn't it? ;)

However, in between there are at least the 2011 IAAF World Championships in Daegu, South Korea and the 2011 FINA World Championships in Shanghai. So not every major event will take place in Europe during those four years...

You mean EURO 2012 (in Poland and the Ukraine). But it's natural that a EURO is staged on European soil, isn't it? ;)

However, in between there are at least the 2011 IAAF World Championships in Daegu, South Korea and the 2011 FINA World Championships in Shanghai. So not every major event will take place in Europe during those four years...

Oh yeah I mean 2012, and of course EURO wil always in european, if not that won't called EURO :P , for IAAF and FINA, that's not a very major event. I though at least for Indonesian, major sport event are WC,SOG,EURO and badminton championship like Thomas cup, Uber cup and Sudirman cup :P

I think Germany is going to win and should, Canada realisticly should be looking at 2019 because I am sure FIFA would want to see 2015 in Brazil or Argentina.

But Canada is probably the second bid in this contest because France in my mind has almost no chance, because of its lack of presene in the sport, they are ranked 7th, but they have only qualified once and never reached the knockout stage.

This was posted by me in March. I still stand by it and always have.

but by 2015, not only will have new CFL stadiums in Winnipeg, but also prolly Regina and maybe even Calgary(all due to the race for the 100th Grey Cup). BMO field will be at about 30-35K capacity, and that new Vancouver stadium will finally be finished. And I dont really see Brazil or Argentina bidding for the 2015 event. Brazil due to 2014, and Argentina because they are still recovering from the economic crisis.

but by 2015, not only will have new CFL stadiums in Winnipeg, but also prolly Regina and maybe even Calgary(all due to the race for the 100th Grey Cup). BMO field will be at about 30-35K capacity, and that new Vancouver stadium will finally be finished. And I dont really see Brazil or Argentina bidding for the 2015 event. Brazil due to 2014, and Argentina because they are still recovering from the economic crisis.

Argentina would be able to host a Women's World Cup.

BMO Field is actually non-expandable because the Fair grounds won't allow more land to be given to it. Toronto will have to have another new stadium or use the Rogers Center.

Archived