2011 Fifa Women's World Cup

i have read that german football federation and French football federation will sign a agreement to support each other in the future, and work together.

so Germany will support the Euro 2016 Bid from France (Italy will be really mad about this)

and France will support the Women WC bid from Germany now.

Then maybe Italy, Spain, Portugal and Greece will sign some sort of counter-agreement? :blink:

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Then maybe Italy, Spain, Portugal and Greece will sign some sort of counter-agreement? :blink:

Well, i don´t care as long the french-german agreement help us to get the Womens WC in 2011 ;)

But i can´t see Italy and Greece working together, because both want to host the EURO in the near future.

Portugal is not strong enough to help any spanish bids in the future.

But Platini as UEFA Leader can help Germany, and Germany is also a important country in the UEFA, so it is a good move to work together ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Well, now that Germany has defended its FIFA women's world title from USA 2003 at China 2007, is there any doubt about Germany's bid for the 2011 Women's World Cup? Remember, there is still a couple of other bids that may win over it, but who knows what FIFA may be thinking at voting day on, I think, next month.

October, 31st is decision day. Blatter said recently, that Germany is a "natural favourite", but Canada and Australia are not far behind.

You know i am never too optimistic, but somehow i feel, the title defense has reduced Germany chances. As you know, Germany is already strong in Womens football and does not need as much promotion as Canada or Australia in this sport.

October, 31st is decision day. Blatter said recently, that Germany is a "natural favourite", but Canada and Australia are not far behind.

You know i am never too optimistic, but somehow i feel, the title defense has reduced Germany chances. As you know, Germany is already strong in Womens football and does not need as much promotion as Canada or Australia in this sport.

Once more, I think that your pessimism is unjustified. Besides the German's title defense, there's a very important reason why Germany will probably get the 2011 World Cup: North America already had two Women's World Cups in a row (1999 and 2003 in the USA), Asia (to which, in terms of football, Australia belongs to) has staged this year's and the 1991 World Cup. Europe -- although having many top-class women's football teams -- has staged the World Cup only once, and that was no less than 12 years ago in Sweden. So if not Germany's, then it's simply Europe's turn. And not to forget: FIFA has to do keep the European World Cup sponsors in mind, too...

So I think there's a 80 till 90 % chance that the 2011 World Cup will be awarded to Germany.

And by the way: The decision day is October 30 already.

• 2 weeks later...
Australia withdraw

so just Germany, Canada and Peru left

I am already hearing this had to do with a deal for 2018

Australia are smart when it comes to negotiating bid deals, and dont count us out for the 2018 Game because from what I hear they are already working behind the scenes on this on.

I am already hearing this had to do with a deal for 2018

Australia are smart when it comes to negotiating bid deals, and dont count us out for the 2018 Game because from what I hear they are already working behind the scenes on this on.

I think we're in with a chance for 2018, though I also think when it comes to FIFA, we'll probably get shafted.

USA, England, Australia and China _ 2018 is starting to look like FIFA's equivalent of the 2012 Olympic race.

Yes... I think so too... besides, WC bid race are pretty lame. The only really interesting one was 2006 (and I think that was much more like 2012 OG than 2018 will be): Brazil, England, Morocco, South Africa and Germany.

Anyway, with Australia withdrawing, Germany is surely the next host of the WWC.

Yes... I think so too... besides, WC bid race are pretty lame. The only really interesting one was 2006 (and I think that was much more like 2012 OG than 2018 will be): Brazil, England, Morocco, South Africa and Germany.

Anyway, with Australia withdrawing, Germany is surely the next host of the WWC.

Don't get too confident!!

• 2 weeks later...
Only 2 nations are remaining. Peru has withdrawn too. So it is Canada against Germany. I always thought Australia is the main threat to the German bid. So, i am very optimistic for our bid now.

I am too. After the 1999 and 2003 World Cups already being staged in the USA, it's highly unlikely that it will be awarded to an American country again. Europe has waited for 12 years now!

Of course, it will be Germany. Just look at the rotation:

1999 and 2003 - USA

2007 - China

So it just makes sense that 2011 will go to Europe. It's just continental rotation which whether people admit it or not is still in play whether it's the Olympics or the World Cups. It's the one time when one country from one continent can play vs. another continent. That rarely happens in the natural flow of things. And they try to set these things against a show which is rotated amongst the various continents -- NOT unless there is no representative from a particular continent wanting to bid. Then the continental rotation gets thrown outta whack.

Therefore 2011 will go to Germany especially since they were the last winners anyway. (And 2016 will probably go to Chicago. ;) )

I think it's Germany's to lose too. If the Germans can organize the men's version of the FIFA World Cup, surely the women's game will be in great hands under them. It'll be the first time in the women's World Cup that the defending champion will also serve as the host should Germany hosts it--an automatic bid for the champs.

Also, how do you think would the possible expanded 24-team field will be allocated to which continent?

As much as USA 2003 handicaps Canada, Germany 2006 will harm Germany's chances as well. It'll clearly come right down to the technical bid.

I disagree. I very much doubt, that the 2006 World Cup will harm the German chances. Germany is already better prepared than Canada. You dont find any informations about the Canadian bid. Isnt it about time to promote the bid to the public? Has the Canadian bid the support of the Fed. Gouverment of Canada? Will Harper attend the the meeting in Zürich?

Give me some input of the Canadian bid!

As much as USA 2003 handicaps Canada, Germany 2006 will harm Germany's chances as well. It'll clearly come right down to the technical bid.

We're talking about the Women's World Cup, not about both kinds of World Cup. In the 1990s, the USA got the Summer and the Winter Olympics within only six years. Germany was awarded the 1972 Olympics and the 1974 World Cup. So what? If it's simply a certain continent's turn, then it doesn't matter whether that continent or even that country has hosted another big event just recently. And it would be very hard to understand if Europe was denied its first Women's World Cup after 16 years despite there are so many top-class European women's football teams.

So Today (In Zurich time) the bids are presented, with the winner being annouced on Tuesday at 1400 UTC +1 (or 8am Eastern). Now, does anyone know what the time the bids are being presented at?

I wish we were able to see the bids online.

Canada learns Tuesday whether it will host Women's World Cup

Germany also still in the running for prestigious event

Last Updated: Sunday, October 28, 2007 | 2:58 PM ET

CBC Sports

Soccer's world governing body was effusive this summer in its praise of Canadian officials and the job they did hosting the U-20 Men's World Cup. On Tuesday, FIFA may hand out a wonderful parting gift — by awarding the 2011 Women's World Cup to Canada.

Canada and Germany are the final two countries in the running for the prestigious event, and both will have the chance to make their cases on Monday morning to FIFA's executive committee at its headquarters in Zurich.

Christine Sinclair, here leading Canada in the 2007 Women's World Cup in China, could do the same on home soil in 2011.Christine Sinclair, here leading Canada in the 2007 Women's World Cup in China, could do the same on home soil in 2011.

(Ng Han Guan/Associated Press)

The committee then will decide the winner in meetings later in the day and on Tuesday morning.

Germany, winner of this year's edition of the women's event, has a lot going for it in terms of history, stadiums and infrastructure, having just hosted the gigantic men's World Cup in 2006.

But Soccer Canada may have a compelling argument of its own, based on two previous tournaments.

The summer's U-20 World Cup ran June 30 to July 22, bringing international sides to six Canadian cities — Burnaby, Victoria, Edmonton, Toronto, Ottawa and Montreal. It set a tournament record of 1,195,239 spectators over 52 matches.

Continue Article

According to figures provided by the organizing committee, the games generated an estimated $259.02 million in economic activity in the four host provinces.

And there was unprecedented television coverage as the CBC showed 220 hours of action (live or tape-delayed).

U-19 tournament broke records

That was the second time Canada has set attendance records at a FIFA event.

In 2002, the women's U-19 world championships broke previous ticket sale marks and put more than 47,000 fans into the seats for the final at Edmonton that saw Canada lose to the United States.

FIFA will also hear a presentation from Brazil on Monday, as the only country to officially apply for the 2014 Men's World Cup attempts to finalize what seems a sure thing.

Both World Cup announcements will be made the following day.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/story/2007.../fifawomen.html

Archived