Halifax 2014 Commonwealth Games

sport1

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How ABOUT ZERO dollars is too much to risk on the fantasy wims of a dozen people in the HRM. We have more important things to attend to then freddie mac gillivrays delusional dreams of having a CFL team at the taxpayers expense.

There the answer LOL.

jim jones

Exactly. the DIRTY DOZEN..comes to mind...

snipped for space

No, Halifax doesn't have anything like the Glasgow Rangers, but easily could if it would stop being its own worst enemy.

This is the truest of you postings.

Thanks for making my point so simplistically.

Until we cut out the cancer cells (corrupt govt) growing in NS we will never heal and become our best ally.

OK,OK,Ok, could someone on THIS SPECIFIC board at least TRY to convince me as to why halifax should be given the games? I don't see anything related to facilities, no graphic renderings of what the plans are, no photos of the ____ forsaken place, nothing. So on that basis, the games should go to AFRICA!

:D EXACTLY we are still waiting for the debutante to arrive RC

Simply put: HALIFAX should not even get a whiff.

Ruling Czar these Halifax 2014 bid committee people are making it up as they go along. You look at the size and cost of the athletes village from New Delhi and it looks to be about the size of Shannon park total. Halifax is so disorganized that they don't know the entire scope of the land they wish to be given by the federal government for the games park and what hidden factors may come with that. Is Shannon Park an environment time bomb waiting for a committee to open it up with excavation ???? Would the Feds either A. include the value of the land with the federal share or B. refuse to give the land on grounds of future federal use.

This shannon park site was kicked around for the domestic bid for 2010 yet no one investigated whether it was actually suitable or meet the needs in Four years??? Thatis especially stupid considering the Commonwealth games Association of Canada granted the bid to halifax on that selling point over Hamilton Who has actually built facilities in the last couple of decades.

Yes I am an obstructionist Because I see idiots running wild with 14 million dollars and not a clue between 15 overpaid brains.

The entire lot of them should be fired and we should turn the page in nova scotias history as utter studipity. Brownfield site equals cost overruns

Plain and simple. Brownfield sites bordered by commercial and higher end residential developements that you propose to buy equals More cost overruns , huge increases in the land value that you propose to buy and thus economic disaster if a government was stupid to follow the band of merry fools

jim jones

I am still all for mass firing.

There was a sober article in the last week paper, a desperate and legit plea from BEAzLEY FIELD to city to help maintain it.

I just shook my head. I grew up using BF and it was just starting to fall apart then. I hear it is so bad with mold and outdated electricity/ water system:the list is long.

I think we can look at this outrageous neglect of a community forum BF and see our future if HRM gets the bid. The most pathetic thing about BF is that it is still popular and the city just chooses not to upgrade it for safety.

I will find actual issue info...

I would.

Well, from the perspective of someone living in Glasgow, I can tell you that they are not being open. It is obvious to anyone in the city which pre-establish venues will be used...it is obvious that they will need to build a velodrome...this isn't being open, it is just confirming the inevitiable. The big difference between Halifax and Glasgow seems to be the support of media...you never see negative coverage, and that isn't because it doesn't exist. Do you not think the people of Glasgow have better areas to spend the money?! I honestly question how Sportscotland is going to support grass-roots development when lottery funds will be re-directed to the Commonwealth Games...and that isn't forgetting that a large chunk of lottery funds are being directed to London 2012 as well. I think there is a lot that the Glasgow public are not being told, and it is because they just don't ask.

Well, from the perspective of someone living in Glasgow, I can tell you that they are not being open. It is obvious to anyone in the city which pre-establish venues will be used...it is obvious that they will need to build a velodrome...this isn't being open, it is just confirming the inevitiable. The big difference between Halifax and Glasgow seems to be the support of media...you never see negative coverage, and that isn't because it doesn't exist. Do you not think the people of Glasgow have better areas to spend the money?! I honestly question how Sportscotland is going to support grass-roots development when lottery funds will be re-directed to the Commonwealth Games...and that isn't forgetting that a large chunk of lottery funds are being directed to London 2012 as well. I think there is a lot that the Glasgow public are not being told, and it is because they just don't ask.

Well 66 percent of the money for your new velodrome and arena are coming from cyldesdale bank I believe and that is a huge private sector donation. You can actually go to the glasgow 2014 website and see the 3d renderings of what they propose.

Halifax we still are relying on renderings for the last unsuccessful bid for the commonwealth games. The thing I have to say that is a plus for the people of glasgow is that you have a legacy of good facilities on the ground today and really dont have to move a mountain to host. Halifax is utterly idiotic especially competting against both abuja and glasgow.

The odd thing is here that people actually believe Halifax will win ???? Come on now people. Does the federation want to go through the problems they are going thru with New Delhi right now ?? Halifax is further ill equipied then New Delhi India for a commonwealth games. Mike Fennell has probably seen enough of this deal as both president of the commonwealth games federation and a techincal official of PASO (the Pan am games organization) http://www.cob.org.br/pan2007/ingles/notic...det.asp?id=2706

I dont think it would come anywheres near Halifax even being in the final bid meeting because either Local politics will end the bid

or Halifax has the possibility of having the bid shortlisted on lack of facilities and federal government funding.

jim jones

I appreciate that you are offering your opinion as am I but I have been on their websites and have asked many logistic question and each time they have generously answered.

If I asked HRM and I would be put on hold......and then someone would come on and no doubt state--me noah speeeecha engleeeesh....

Well, from the perspective of someone who is Glaswegian and living in HRM, I know the sentiment of my people and smelling like their oppressors aint in their blood, quite the opposite.

I think it is naive to assume that preexisting venues will be the natural venue..in HRM we have CENTENNIAL POOL and BEAZLEY FIELD-preexisting venues with world histories and I highly doubt any events will be hosted at either...

Never seen negative media ? OMG you are too hilarious....must be dark under that rock!!!!.

I know exactly where GLASGOW spends its money. Did you conveniently miss the post repasting a response from GLASGOW WEBSITE why the venues are both in G and E miles away?

Did you miss the part in several posts that they do not want to unnecessarily spend Glaswegian money?

Money must be spent of course but minimalizing the 'damage' is key....cost-benefit analysis......they are very cognizant of that.

I honestly question how Sportscotland is going to support grass-roots development when lottery funds will be re-directed to the Commonwealth Games...and that isn't forgetting that a large chunk of lottery funds are being directed to London 2012 as well. I think there is a lot that the Glasgow public are not being told, and it is because they just don't ask.

With all due respect you seem quite naive/confused/detached from the 'personality' of Scottish people perhaps you should not assume to speak for them.

Scottish people have never been accused of being silent when they should have been vocal.

Now if monies are going to London without purchasers knowledge then that is fraudulent and should be dealt with, where is YOUR proof, please post here so I can have GLASGOW COMMITTEE confirm..... I will post their answer here. thanks.

Well 66 percent of the money for your new velodrome and arena are coming from cyldesdale bank I believe and that is a huge private sector donation. You can actually go to the glasgow 2014 website and see the 3d renderings of what they propose.

Halifax we still are relying on renderings for the last unsuccessful bid for the commonwealth games. The thing I have to say that is a plus for the people of glasgow is that you have a legacy of good facilities on the ground today and really dont have to move a mountain to host. Halifax is utterly idiotic especially competting against both abuja and glasgow.

snipped for space

jim jones

Yes it is conveniently forgotten that the GLASGOW bid/sponsors have a strong private donors list/support UNLIKE HRM.

Being efficient and competitive would be to use safe and standard venues that already exist.

Calling HRM 'utterly idiotic' is being polite Jim....LOL

so many descriptors/adjectives come to mind but I wont post them as not to disrupt the delicate worlds some people live in motivated by their undelicate sensibilities.

as they say in the UK---the HRM bid............. is daft....

With all due respect you seem quite naive/confused/detached from the 'personality' of Scottish people perhaps you should not assume to speak for them.

Scottish people have never been accused of being silent when they should have been vocal.

Now if monies are going to London without purchasers knowledge then that is fraudulent and should be dealt with, where is YOUR proof, please post here so I can have GLASGOW COMMITTEE confirm..... I will post their answer here. thanks.

Proof : http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml...05/nolym105.xml

It is about mid-way down the article.

Also, I never said that the money was being directed without purchasers knowledge....I said that there was a lot of information that they were not being told and this is because it hasn't been questioned...which area in Sportscotland would this money normally support?

Also, I never said that the money was being directed without purchasers knowledge....I said that there was a lot of information that they were not being told and this is because it hasn't been questioned...which area in Sportscotland would this money normally support?

Sorry....I forgot one thing...the article refers to only London 2012. It doesn't mention Glasgow 2014, but I am curious how much Sportscotland would have to give to that event if won...maybe the committee can confirm that information. They would be giving something, just curious how much.

Please accept my apologies now M I was not accusing you of misrepresenting info I just had not read it myself and wanted you to send me the link even in PM if you prefer....if this is true then the public has right to know.. again it is the way I type- purchasing/infomation is the same to me from the way you originally wrote it....

a chef at a restaurant does not share the recipe with every client for every dish that would be absurd. Also the 'silence' you assume may be trust in the govt to 'do the right thing' and should not be construed as complacent-Scottish folks are not complacent by nature.

I am not trying to 'pick on you' M it is a reality that OUTSIDERS can have sincere non judgemental observations about a host nation that may or may not be accurrate. You can live in a place 25 years and still be an OUTSIDER....

People usually do not care about details if it aint about the money so if you were not talking purchasing info then what does it matter to folks?

I think folks pay attention when they need to, usually selfishly motivated. It is up to govt to do their part: AND LISTEN which again places HRM at a great disadvantage.

Sorry....I forgot one thing...the article refers to only London 2012. It doesn't mention Glasgow 2014, but I am curious how much Sportscotland would have to give to that event if won...maybe the committee can confirm that information. They would be giving something, just curious how much.

Yes that is all I want to know too M. It is a legit question for a money/sponsor discussion... I would think SPORTSCOTLAND SHOULD give money to the 2014 GAMES if won.

GLASGOW WEBSITE are really friendly, they dont bite LOL ...do you want to send your question to their website or do you want me to?

I would be blue mad if SS sent money to London PERIOD let alone more than to the 2014 GAMES if won. I may have to take a trip there to get this sorted out ;)))

As with HRM I doubt that those living in Socials would want money given to other than their own country critical needs.

M, sorry I need your help with that link....great read by the way.... NO SPORTSCOTLAND. I see SPORTENGLAND..is that what you mean... if so then it makes sense now. I am confused with you saying SS will give to ENGLAND/LONDON, that does not make any sense.

Coincidntlaly I am sure, my arguement here is that NS RECREATION /BURNETT (KELLY POSSE) has failed the KIDSPORT program in NS and is now finding money for the GAMES ? i

It is appalling and a universal disgrace to children in need everywhere. It is NOT SPORTSCOTLAND giving to London.......

M, sorry I need your help with that link....great read by the way.... NO SPORTSCOTLAND. I see SPORTENGLAND..is that what you mean... if so then it makes sense now. I am confused with you saying SS will give to ENGLAND/LONDON, that does not make any sense.

Coincidntally I am sure, my arguement here is that NS RECREATION /BURNETT (KELLY POSSE) has failed the KIDSPORT program in NS and is now finding money for the GAMES ?

It is appalling and a universal disgrace to children in need everywhere. It is NOT SPORTSCOTLAND giving to London.......

also..I do see where they referred to: counterparts but that is with WALES/IRELAND too.

They are ORDERED by govt......whose govt?

I hope it is challenged...

I see a kitty being drawn up to hopefully be shared equally but I think GOVT, any GOVT should stay the heck out of this....ENGLAND created the critical poverty in these places and now they have the fecking nerve to ORDER hand outs ????

SCOTLAND may successfully argue to contribute the least because of the 2014 GAMES....whereas WALES/IRELAND may have to foot the SPORTENGLAND/LONDON bill.

Hosting the Games would encourage young people in particular to take up sport and the UK will be left with "a legacy of top-class sports facilities", he said.

Lord Coe, who heads the London 2012 team, said that the issue would have to be "discussed" with the culture department, but he believed that the Games would increase participation and generate sports funds from the private sector and local authorities.

Barbara Cassani, who was Lord Coe's predecessor, said: "The Olympics legacy is very important and I believe the best way to promote sport and recreation is through local projects run by people who are responsible and accountable."-taken from link.

This gave me the creepolas...this is so HRM illogical thinking-- so lets have grassroots close down due to lack of support and funding BUT BUT BUT lets have the GAMES to have their monumental venues so they will attract our youth the the sport......

where will they register when the grassroots clubs are poor, closed, bankrupt?

EXCUSE ME Barb but responsible and accountable people do not take from the poor to give to the 'unnecessary'. And where will the local responsible and accountable folks work.......when the grassroots will be unable to stay open let alone hire more folks?

Yes it is the ole ' lets cut down the forest to have a parking lot' mentality...

Anyone read this article by Roger Taylor?

http://thechronicleherald.ca/Business/562354.html

Here's my favourite part:

To help council make that decision, however, a team of consultants has been hired by the three levels of government to evaluate Halifax’s 2014 bid, to provide a cost-benefit analysis of what the Halifax Games would cost and the potential payoff.

While the consultants have been described as "independent," the fact is they have been hired by the municipal, provincial and federal governments, all of which have been bankrolling and pushing the project from the start.

It makes one wonder whether this is an attempt to dress up the bid to make it more palatable to the public.

Perhaps some taxpayers’ money should be provided to opponents of the Halifax bid, so they could hire an "independent" consultant of their choice to make a cost-benefit investigation of the Halifax bid. Then the public could choose which independent analysis they believe.

Wow, for a guy really concerned about irresponsible spending, he sure has no problem with redundant studies. I've got an idea. We'll have two independant studies into the economic viability of the games... then we'll have two more studies; one to study which of the first two studies was the best study, then we'll have a study about how well the third study was able to improve the first two studies. Ha, i shouldn't complain, it gives the economists more work.

You know what I think? The anti-games fellas are a scared of this study. I haven't heard one argument against the commonwealth games that doesn't have an economic basis. "We can't afford the games... property taxes will go up... construction costs will go up... no one's gonna come... we can't pay for the facilities... it won't encourage sports...the earth will crash into the sun and there will be much weeping and gnashing of teeth..." If this study comes up roses, and these games are found to be ECONOMICALLY VIABLE, every one of those arguments will be shot down. Old Roger Taylor must realize this, since he's already preparing himself to attack the consultants' credibility.

There's a quote i've encountered a few times in my studies: "Economics remains one of the few disciplines where the professionals haven't replaced the amateurs." I think the true die-hards have selfish motives, I've posted about them before, and they've just been throwing around economic terms because people pay attention to them. I'll tell you all right now, before we've seen anything from the study, that if it comes up against the games, I'll shut my mouth about the economic viability of the games. I think there's plenty of reasons beyond economics to hold the games, so I'll continue to support them, but that's everyone's personal decision to make.

Think any anti-games people have enough class to say the same? I highly doubt it.

Coincidntlaly I am sure, my arguement here is that NS RECREATION /BURNETT (KELLY POSSE) has failed the KIDSPORT program in NS and is now finding money for the GAMES ? i

The part I was referring to is pasted below :

Sport England and its counterparts in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland normally distribute the funding, in the form of grants, to a wide range of grassroots clubs who make successful applications for money to build new facilities or improve existing ones.

But the Government has ordered the sports bodies to give a total of £340 million to Olympic projects. Sport England will give most – £285 million, the equivalent of nearly two years of its annual £150 million budget – with a further £55 million diverted from Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.

I'm not sure if they mean Scotland, Wales, and NI combine to give 55 million, or if that is per sport body (each giving 55 million)...either way....it seems that they aren't exactly GIVING the money, but rather they just don't get it...the money is DIVERTED to London....

snipepd for r ai

Think any anti-games people have enough class to say the same? I highly doubt it.

I had to debate whether or not to reply as not to encourage your passive aggressive flippant tone in your redundant posts......

I can only refer you to each of my posts: lack of funding and commitment from the public, greater poverty and crime is another, cuts to grassroots programming and health services is but another and maybe the most important: criminals in every level of NS govt should be in prison not putting bids on table with other folks who have colluded with such criminality.

I can see how you missed that point...

I am not anti- games at all ..I am anti- anything that emboldens criminals who should be fired and in prison..... for criminal and constitutional violations....

The part I was referring to is pasted below :

Sport England and its counterparts in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland normally distribute the funding, in the form of grants, to a wide range of grassroots clubs who make successful applications for money to build new facilities or improve existing ones.

But the Government has ordered the sports bodies to give a total of £340 million to Olympic projects. Sport England will give most – £285 million, the equivalent of nearly two years of its annual £150 million budget – with a further £55 million diverted from Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.

I'm not sure if they mean Scotland, Wales, and NI combine to give 55 million, or if that is per sport body (each giving 55 million)...either way....it seems that they aren't exactly GIVING the money, but rather they just don't get it...the money is DIVERTED to London....

Yes that is what confused me too and I think SCOTLAND can get off lightly or completely if they get the 2014 GAMES..I still would like to know whose govt ordered them to do this. Yeah article is a bit vague on that I thot it meant in total not each....but I hope SPORTENGLAND has to do the same when GLAGOW gets the GAMES in 2014.....

still wrong to take for those dangerously dependant on govt funding.....it is a bad move regardless of who does it.

Thanks for posting it M it has been a though-provoking article indeed. I am impressed they did not hide the TRUTH about redirection or allocation of funds will do to grassroots organizations trying to promote sports locally and with limited funds already.

Of course this issue is only a concern to those sincerely about healthy communities ... not the 'class' version of who is more deserving than others.

Poor people will NOT be filling the seats at any NS venue either. We have to be honest about who the GAMES are really for.....

Anyone read this article by Roger Taylor?

http://thechronicleherald.ca/Business/562354.html

Here's my favourite part:

To help council make that decision, however, a team of consultants has been hired by the three levels of government to evaluate Halifax’s 2014 bid, to provide a cost-benefit analysis of what the Halifax Games would cost and the potential payoff.

While the consultants have been described as "independent," the fact is they have been hired by the municipal, provincial and federal governments, all of which have been bankrolling and pushing the project from the start.

It makes one wonder whether this is an attempt to dress up the bid to make it more palatable to the public.

Perhaps some taxpayers’ money should be provided to opponents of the Halifax bid, so they could hire an "independent" consultant of their choice to make a cost-benefit investigation of the Halifax bid. Then the public could choose which independent analysis they believe.

Wow, for a guy really concerned about irresponsible spending, he sure has no problem with redundant studies. I've got an idea. We'll have two independant studies into the economic viability of the games... then we'll have two more studies; one to study which of the first two studies was the best study, then we'll have a study about how well the third study was able to improve the first two studies. Ha, i shouldn't complain, it gives the economists more work.

You know what I think? The anti-games fellas are a scared of this study. I haven't heard one argument against the commonwealth games that doesn't have an economic basis. "We can't afford the games... property taxes will go up... construction costs will go up... no one's gonna come... we can't pay for the facilities... it won't encourage sports...the earth will crash into the sun and there will be much weeping and gnashing of teeth..." If this study comes up roses, and these games are found to be ECONOMICALLY VIABLE, every one of those arguments will be shot down. Old Roger Taylor must realize this, since he's already preparing himself to attack the consultants' credibility.

There's a quote i've encountered a few times in my studies: "Economics remains one of the few disciplines where the professionals haven't replaced the amateurs." I think the true die-hards have selfish motives, I've posted about them before, and they've just been throwing around economic terms because people pay attention to them. I'll tell you all right now, before we've seen anything from the study, that if it comes up against the games, I'll shut my mouth about the economic viability of the games. I think there's plenty of reasons beyond economics to hold the games, so I'll continue to support them, but that's everyone's personal decision to make.

Sure I read Rogers Taylors article and he makes very valid points. Economic studies are always tainted by who pays for them with very few exceptions. Fred Mac Gillivray could save the taxpayers a great deal of money by releasing the 600,000 dollar economic study done by ACOA for the 2010 bid by Halifax . But Hey we dont even that to see it to know what it says as MR mac gillivray and Acoa will not allow anyone to see that jem that the taxpayer paid for. If the news was overwhelming postive from that study in 2002 fast freddie would be in the press reading the pages to the daily news LOL. But hey right now that document serves as the world most expensive child boaster seat in Fast Freddie's office under the man's ass.

That is why people know that anything produced by Rodney Mac Donald and company at this point is probably filled with holes , escape clauses and no accountability. They might as well dust off the communist chinese "great leap forward" document because that is what the whole bid exercise looks like to any sane person in nova scotia ROTFLMAO.

Hey if you are in a school bus and the driver is driving the highlands of cape breton with a blindfold on , How likely is it that you will die on the way home at the bottom of a cliff ??? Very likely . The budget rumours are true and they are trying to make up documents to justify them. There is no 2 billion dollar pot of gold hosting a commonwealth games unless you steal it from the taxpayers. No one will show up for a commonwealth games in Halifax. The canadian figure skating championships did terrible business and that is a sport that is actually followed in canada unlike rugby sevens and netball.

I have a true document of the economics of the games . It is authored by Sir Ron Scott of New Zealand who was chair of the 1974 Christchurch games . Trevor Mallard commissioned Sir Ron in 2005 to study the viability of New Zealand hosting in 2014 and it turned up very negative. If New Zealand with more stadiums over 30000 people then canada has cant host the games in their candid opinion then neither can Halifax.

The government and city council can come out with any fairy tail study they like but the fact remains Michael Baker is now talking about cuts for the provincial budget and the citizens can ask , What should we cut a commonwealth games or health care?

Michael Baker is also saying that they will not be able to keep their campaign promises as well. Who in the public is going to trust them on the commonwealth games. The creditbility is swinging to the anti-games side as the predictions are coming true.

The thing is the decision makers are now trying to save face or justify their actions.

City council is going to put an end to this no matter what because Stephen Harper has drawn the line in the sand while the province and city are going for a bridge too far.

jim jones

snipped for reading

Hey if you are in a school bus and the driver is driving the highlands of cape breton with a blindfold on , How likely is it that you will die on the way home at the bottom of a cliff ??? Very likely . The budget rumours are true and they are trying to make up documents to justify them. There is no 2 billion dollar pot of gold hosting a commonwealth games unless you steal it from the taxpayers. No one will show up for a commonwealth games in Halifax. The canadian figure skating championships did terrible business and that is a sport that is actually followed in canada unlike rugby sevens and netball.

I have a true document of the economics of the games . It is authored by Sir Ron Scott of New Zealand who was chair of the 1974 Christchurch games . Trevor Mallard commissioned Sir Ron in 2005 to study the viability of New Zealand hosting in 2014 and it turned up very negative. If New Zealand with more stadiums over 30000 people then canada has cant host the games in their candid opinion then neither can Halifax.

The government and city council can come out with any fairy tail study they like but the fact remains Michael Baker is now talking about cuts for the provincial budget and the citizens can ask , What should we cut a commonwealth games or health care?

Michael Baker is also saying that they will not be able to keep their campaign promises as well. Who in the public is going to trust them on the commonwealth games. The creditbility is swinging to the anti-games side as the predictions are coming true.

The thing is the decision makers are now trying to save face or justify their actions.

City council is going to put an end to this no matter what because Stephen Harper has drawn the line in the sand while the province and city are going for a bridge too far.

jim jones

That is why people know that anything produced by Rodney Mac Donald and company at this point is probably filled with holes , escape clauses and no accountability. They might as well dust off the communist chinese "great leap forward" document because that is what the whole bid exercise looks like to any sane person in nova scotia ROTFLMAO.

WELL PUT JIM!

Michael Baker is tied for first on my list of those perpetrators to be be fired and incarcerated for consitutional violations and obstruction of justice too many times to count.

I will do my best in the name of all things ethical and humane. He knows. The corruption causing permanent damages to families since 1997 will be in public record as soon as I get there.

He has the MIDAS TOUCH: anything he touches is either corrupt or unethical from NS Human Rights Commission to any office he has held.

It is personal and the personal is always political.

Bridge too Far....how apropos....

According to this sport.scotman.com website, Halifax is in "big trouble".

Link: Canada's 2014 Bid In Disarray

What do you think?

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ME!!!!

what a great article G... thank you....

The public rows over Halifax's bid caused the Premier of Nova Scotia province, Rodney MacDonald, to warn the warring factions to keep quiet or risk damaging the bid.

xcuse me NODDY RODDY you is most confused: I will slow it down for ya-the bid was damaged before it was on the table...

These types of discussions are better behind closed doors," said MacDonald. "We have to make sure through this whole process, that we don't hurt the bid process by being out there with too much talking about it, talking about numbers that may or may not be accurate."

gee, sounds like someone is getting askeeered...

gee, did he lose faith in his own number system LMAO-- okay lets do it together NODDYRODDY- 1,2,3, good boy...

see let that be lesson to all of us- when you invent you own counting system you are bound to confuse even yourself ..did I say Merry Christmas to me????

That prompted Canada's federal secretary of state for sport, Helena Guergis, to issue a stinging reply: "To be all of a sudden asked to be increasing that amount when the province and the city haven't put their financial contribution on the table is rather strange."

rather strange indeedy .......cause they got greedy.

The Halifax bid, meanwhile, has also hit a major organisational snag. It was recently discovered that there is not enough suitable land for the stadium and athletes' village planned for Shannon Park in the Dartmouth area of the city, and Halifax Regional Municipality is carrying out a frantic search for more land in the vicinity.

recently discovered not enough land???? OMG this is too much......

Public support for the bid has declined from 79% to 72% according to a recent opinion poll, while the Halifax Bid Committee's failure to finalise costs has lost it the unanimous political support it previously enjoyed in the city.

public support has declined ..SAY IT AINT SO PAPI!!!!

"What I'm hearing is there are a lot of people on council that are fed up with the bid committee and their attitude towards the council."

oooo no he di'aint.....now it is ALLLLLLLL the BIDTEAMS fault???? LMAo

now they are turning on each other?? where are the toothpicks.....how sweet this is....

MELTODOWN has COMMENCED!!!!

"It could have been done earlier, but we came to the whole process later than Glasgow and Abuja because of the competition between Canadian cities to make the bid," said Hashey

how pathetic!! now Hashey is blaming it on their late arrival????

OMG this guys are right on time !!!! How predictable are pathetic people.

GUARDIAN you made my day!!!!! We are celebrating my son's birthday tonight and this is such gift for he has paid an immeasurable price for the unethical practices of NG government since 1992.

Thank you for this precious gift.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ME

HAPPY BIRTDHAY TO MY SON

Archived