Fair Play?

skicross

Well, i really don't know if it goes against the rules, but in the European Youth Olympic Festival Jaca 2007, there were 3 people from PyeongChang's bid. They were in the hotel where i have been working as volunteer, it seems that they haven't been invited by the organization as the Jaca Mayor, Errique Villaroya, didn't want to talk about this topic. There wasn't anybody from Sochi and Salzburg...

The Koreans were really interested in showing to the Spaniards their candidature, they were talking with the most important people, they were giving pins and info in the opening and closing ceremonies...

They even wanted to talk in the Spanish Radios, I had to give them the telephone numbers of "Radio Jaca", "Radio Nacional de España" and "Cope". I think that they finally were in the radios...

So my question is, has the IOC let the cities go to Olympic events to promote their bids? Why Sochi and Salzburg weren't in Jaca?

Guest Anty PyeongChang
Well, i really don't know if it goes against the rules, but in the European Youth Olympic Festival Jaca 2007, there were 3 people from PyeongChang's bid. They were in the hotel where i have been working as volunteer, it seems that they haven't been invited by the organization as the Jaca Mayor, Errique Villaroya, didn't want to talk about this topic. There wasn't anybody from Sochi and Salzburg...

The Koreans were really interested in showing to the Spaniards their candidature, they were talking with the most important people, they were giving pins and info in the opening and closing ceremonies...

They even wanted to talk in the Spanish Radios, I had to give them the telephone numbers of "Radio Jaca", "Radio Nacional de España" and "Cope". I think that they finally were in the radios...

So my question is, has the IOC let the cities go to Olympic events to promote their bids? Why Sochi and Salzburg weren't in Jaca?

The evaluation time of Korea is actual Olympic holding time.

But, Salzburg is spring. It executes a winter Olympics evaluation at spring? It is fair?

Korea mobilized the many residents. Is not the voluntary participation.

It is a shame of Korea. :blink:

I live in Washington state and I've been promoting PyeongChang 2014 to the local Korean radio station and stuff... I'm doing this at my own will.... So probably, if those people weren't Officially invited guests, they are probably acting like me... wanting to talk about the bid... I don't see anything wrong with that.

But not only that, if I remember correctly, bid cities are allowed to promote their bid domestically and at official international events....

I believe they're allowed to promote at international events, as long as all the bidders have equal chances to attend (whether they use that chance or not is up to them).

I think one of the few events that the London 2012 team wasn't allowed to to lobby at was a Commonwealth meting of some sort, because that would have locked out the non-Commonwealth bidders (Paris, NY, Madrid, Moscow).

Archived