St Petersburg 2016

Why oh why don't people learn? NEVER announce or even suggest you are planning on following up a potential current bid with a future bid in case you lose.

Russians - you wacky buggers.

And to say you are thinking of St Petersburg? After the 2004 bid? Are you serious? Um, what the ****?

OK - so after the woefully ignored Moscow bid which was a very good porposition on paper you are going to throw millions of roubles at StP when everyone knows the chances are, oh, 1/1000 you will get the Games? You are prepared to go up against the might of the USOC and the all conquering (in theory) JOC with their mountain of yen? I am amazed.

The 2004 bid was a slapdash grab bag of ideas with no central focus or financial responsibility. NOTHING has changed in StP in the past decade to indicate a better plan will come to fruition and yet they still want to throw there hat in the ring. Frankly Baku would have a better shot.

DISCUSS!

St. Petersburg would be better then Moscow in that the city is filled with a lot less corruption and would therefore have less problems building and getting things done than Moscow. The Russian Mafia does not have a foothold in StP and therefore will not have to deal with that problem.

If StP does come up with a good bid on the level of Moscow than it will be a contender in oh 2030.

Guest Anty PyeongChang
Why oh why don't people learn? NEVER announce or even suggest you are planning on following up a potential current bid with a future bid in case you lose.

Russians - you wacky buggers.

And to say you are thinking of St Petersburg? After the 2004 bid? Are you serious? Um, what the ****?

OK - so after the woefully ignored Moscow bid which was a very good porposition on paper you are going to throw millions of roubles at StP when everyone knows the chances are, oh, 1/1000 you will get the Games? You are prepared to go up against the might of the USOC and the all conquering (in theory) JOC with their mountain of yen? I am amazed.

The 2004 bid was a slapdash grab bag of ideas with no central focus or financial responsibility. NOTHING has changed in StP in the past decade to indicate a better plan will come to fruition and yet they still want to throw there hat in the ring. Frankly Baku would have a better shot.

DISCUSS!

2016 is not Europe. All agrees.

It supports Sochi 2014. It hopes Olympic holding powerfully.

2016 is not Europe. All agrees.

It supports Sochi 2014. It hopes Olympic holding powerfully.

Anty you crack me up. I wonder who you really are.

Erm I think this may all be hot air.

Is anyone surprised that the mayor of Russia's #2 city, looking on as billions are invested in the Krasnodar region and Sochi in the running for the WOGs with all of the international attention that goes with the process, suddenly pipes up with the idea of a St P bid on the eve of the EC arriving in Sochi?

The green eyed monster methinks.

Else he is a mentalist who just does not get it. Which I suppose is equally possible but I think he is probably under pressure given that Sochi is Putin's second residence, all manner of state and international meetings of high profile are increasingly being held there etc.

I'm not taking it seriously

Archived