Fina -> 12th World Championships

$198 a ticket per seat (irrespective of age) per session is just ridiculous and they wonder why people ain't buying them

Grossly overpriced

Should be no more than $98 for adults - $50 for kids and then they would fill it every night

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
$198 a ticket per seat (irrespective of age) per session is just ridiculous and they wonder why people ain't buying them

Grossly overpriced

Should be no more than $98 for adults - $50 for kids and then they would fill it every night

It's $198 AUD for the Finals ($58 for heats), in A reserve, $98 for B ($38 for heats) and $50 for restricted view C ($20 for heats).

A family of four is $150 for the finals ($60 for heats) with each additional child (max of 3) $37.50 ($15 for heats).

The prices aren't that bad IMO.

The B reserve have nearly sold out and the Family Ticket allocations have all sold out, just left with the $198 overpriced stuff (which are a majority of the seats) which nobody is touching

The heats in morning they have been forced to giveaway to school children at $5 ticket now just to fill the seats

Grossly overpriced and botched ticket system they produced for this event

The B reserve have nearly sold out and the Family Ticket allocations have all sold out, just left with the $198 overpriced stuff (which are a majority of the seats) which nobody is touching

The heats in morning they have been forced to giveaway to school children at $5 ticket now just to fill the seats

Grossly overpriced and botched ticket system they produced for this event

Up to $198 for just one ticket? That's too much indeed. Maybe the organisers thought that the Aussies are so crazy about swimming that they'd be willing to pay every price. I very much hope that they reduce the prices as soon as the championships have started and the first events will have suffered a lack of public attention. It would be very sad if the venues would be empty in Australia of all places. It's alarming when you see how many seats in the Rod Laver Arena belong to that overpriced category A:

sfx14127.gif

Well, they are not wasting time getting the event going. First, on the official website's front page, they have a poll considering the name of the host venue itself. Would you want the venue have its name changed from its current name (Rod Laver) to SUSIE O'NEILL?

First 2 final results of the overall event.

Women's 5km OPEN WATER:

1. Larisa Ilchenko (Russia) -> 1:00:41.3

2. Ekaterina Seliverstova (Russia) -> 1:00:43.6

3. Kate Brookes-Peterson (Australia) -> 1:00:47.6

Top Canadian: Caroline Murray placed in 24th place, with the time of 1:08:07.8

Men's 5km OPEN WATER:

1. Thomas Lurz (Germany) -> 56:49.6

2. Evgeny Drattsev (Russia) -> 56:50.7

3. Spyridon Gianniotis (Greece) -> 56:56.6

Top Canadian: Jarrod Ballem placed in 16th place, with the time of 57:38.0

It seams that Russia dominates open water swimming...

Its gonna be interesting to see how the open water 10km (a new event in Beijing) will work out.

One result.

(Women's) Free Routine Combination Synchonized Swimming:

1. Russia

2. Japan

3. USA

Canada did not have a team in this event.

Some results in the diving competition:

Men's 3m synchronized diving

1. China

2. Canada

3. Germany

Women's 10m synchronized diving

1. China

2.Australia

3. Germany

Canada finished forth.

Canada, China (host) and Germany qualify for both the 10m women's synchro and the men's 3m synchro competition at the Beijing Olympics, while Australia qualified for the Women's 10m and the USA qualified for the Men's 3m.

Actually, our first was the bronze in the womens 5km open water event.

Oh, man. :( I got to read my own posts, before making stupid posts like that.

Oh, man. :( I got to read my own posts, before making stupid posts like that.

No worries!

:rolleyes:

Anyway, the current medal tally stands at:

G S B T

1 RUS 3 2 0 5

2 CHN 2 0 0 2

3 GER 1 0 2 3

_4 JPN 0 1 1 2

_4 AUS 0 1 1 2

_6 CAN 0 1 0 1

_6 ESP 0 1 0 1

_8 GRE 0 0 1 1

_8 USA 0 0 1 1

Total 6 6 6 18

What's the "OPen Water" category? Without a Roof? Then all of the events in Athens were "OPen Water." All Gay swimmers? But there are the Gay Games. So, why double up?

They're long distance swimming events in "open water" _ rivers, lakes, the sea. The acquatic equivalent of a marathon.

They're long distance swimming events in "open water" _ rivers, lakes, the sea. The acquatic equivalent of a marathon.

So that really makes the Triathlon kinda redundant. I don't understand why they are so hot to remove the Pentathlon (OK, so allow women in it) and stick with the Triathlon? I mean I like the horses better than the bikes!!

Well, open water events are not currently in the Olympic Games, right? If that is the case, then it could be a matter of time before this does happen.

When you have the the cycling and running part of the triathlon event having "separate" events of their own, then it would almost be logical to have the swimming part be a separate event on its own.

In fact, if I read my history right, one of the Canadian women tri-athletes that qualified for Sydney 2000, she qualified for one of the long-distance track events as well, even though she wasn't even trying to do that. Just imagine, she qualified for that other event while those Canadian athletes that specialized in that every event ALL DIDN'T QUALIFY FOR IT AT ALL! I don't know if this is right, but this turn of events had to make heads roll in Athletics Canada.

Now, the water polo matches have started.

Also, the technical part of the solo synchronize swimming event was completed and this is the result, before the free routine.

1. Natalia Ischenko (Russia) -> 99 points

2. Gemma Mengual Civil (Spain) -> 98 points

3. Saho Harada (Japan) -> 96.833 points

A final result and guess what? Try looking at one of my previous posts.

Women's 10km OPEN WATER:

1. Larisa Ilchenko (Russia) -> 2:03:57.9

2. Cassandra Patten (Great Britain) -> 2:03:58.9

3. Kate Brookes-Peterson (Australia) -> 2:03:59.5

Top Canadian: Caroline Murray placed 30th with the time of 2:19:22.3

Actually, the events make their first Olympic appearance at Beijing next year.

The men's and women's 10km event to be more precise.

And Baron, I have already ran a Triathlon and I can tell you its NOTHING like doing Track and Field, Swimming or Bicycle separetly.

The technical part of the duet synchronized swimming competition has been completed, with the free routine section to go.

1. Russia (Anastasia Davydova and Anastasia Ermakova) -> 98.333 points

2. Spain (Gemma Mengual Civil and Paola Tirados Sanchez) -> 97.500 points

3. Japan (Saho Harada and Emiko Suzuki) -> 97.167 points

Members of the German team are using the words "farce" or "joke" and "a disgrace for a WCh" to describe the Open Water competitions. Are they just disappointed, because they dont meet the expectations or are they not alone with their claims? What do you know?

Members of the German team are using the words "farce" or "joke" and "a disgrace for a WCh" to describe the Open Water competitions. Are they just disappointed, because they dont meet the expectations or are they not alone with their claims? What do you know?

Are they talking about the jellyfish? _ it has been a huge problem, apparently. I would not have thought they would be a problem at this time of year, especially as far south as Melbourne, but there's no denying they've been a negative for the open water comp.

Archived