Fifa Ranking

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't know about you guys, but this is got to be a major embarrassment for the Canadian men's team. It is now ranked in the lowest ranking ever in its history: in the TRIPLE digits. And, this comes months before the country hosts the U-20 tournament. What is going on here? Is Canada losing its talented players to worthy international clubs because of the "anemic" attitudes amongst those in charge of making Canadian soccer "successful"?

Oh, by the way, the ARGENTINE team is now NUMBER ONE!

Link: CBC: Canada Falls To Number 103 In FIFA Rankings

Canada is ranked 13th in CONCACAF!!!

Thats pretty pathetic.

But who are these talented players that are being lost to "worthy international clubs".

Do they plat for Manchester United, Chelsae, Barcelona, AC Milan?

1 Argentina 1616

2 Italy 1592

3 Brazil 1557

4 France 1515

5 Germany 1390

6 England 1339

7 Holland 1313

8 Portugal 1288

9 Czech Republic 1195

10 Spain 1161

11 Ukrain 1037

12 Croatia 982

13 Greece 961

14 Romania 919

15 Sweden 914

16 Scotland 911

17 Swiss 906

18 Camerun 893

19 Ghana 881

20 Cote d'Ivoire 875

I don't know about you guys, but this is got to be a major embarrassment for the Canadian men's team. It is now ranked in the lowest ranking ever in its history: in the TRIPLE digits. And, this comes months before the country hosts the U-20 tournament. What is going on here? Is Canada losing its talented players to worthy international clubs because of the "anemic" attitudes amongst those in charge of making Canadian soccer "successful"?

Thats pretty pathetic.

But who are these talented players that are being lost to "worthy international clubs".

Do they play for Manchester United, Chelsae, Barcelona, AC Milan?

I'm not sure if you and others were aware but Canada only played 1 game between the ranking releases.

We are definitively underrated. I just can't believe we are ranked below the likes of Cuba, Haiti, St. Vincent and Grenadine, Libya, Latvia, and Iceland. I mean, it just doesn't make any sens!

Thats pretty pathetic.

Do they play for Manchester United, Chelsae, Barcelona, AC Milan?

For example, Owen Hargreaves, a CALGARIAN, played for England in the 2006 World Cup. If I read one of the responses here in the past correctly, he was one of the most favorite English players in the game at that time. And, if I posted correctly some time ago, Hargreaves was told that he was "too good" to play for Canada, when asked to be in the Canadian team. Never mind that the UEFA confederation has so many quality teams within it that it is considered "the home of world football" with vast amount of resources that Canada cannot provide in this manner.

As for the other post regarding about Canada just playing ONE international match between these rankings, then why did they choose to do so? According to Global National, one of the Soccer Canada people said that it is supposed to be "a preparation phase for the 2010 World Cup." What the #### is that supposed to mean? If I remembered correctly, Canada got clobbered in the 2006 World Cup qualifying phase "early", despite using that same kind of preparation for it then. Baron and others can attest to that, considering that Canada is in the CONCACAF confederation. What's next? Do we need the president of FIFA to come PERSONALLY to Ottawa and try to figure out for himself what is going on here? It would like the way IOC president, Jacques Rogge, did do, when Canada was not doing well in the Summer Olympics.

Oh, well. I guess we will see how the Canadian U-20 team will do later on this year.

So all top Canadian soccer players, give up Canadian citizenship, to go play for another countries national team in the World Cup?

Actually since CONCACAF is a relatively weak federation, if you leave Mexico and the USA out, it should be relatively easy to grab one of those remaining 1.5 spot to the World Cup.

So all top Canadian soccer players, give up Canadian citizenship, to go play for another countries national team in the World Cup?

Actually since CONCACAF is a relatively weak federation, if you leave Mexico and the USA out, it should be relatively easy to grab one of those remaining 1.5 spot to the World Cup, if you had a decent team; look at what Trinidad & Tobago did.

A country as big and rich as Canada, should be able to get a decent team together to at least make the second round in CONCACAF qualifying.

With this news, please lets put to rest Canada trying to bid for the 2018 World Cup :lol:

Damn!! Reading your double posts is getting pretty annoying!!

Just an error on my part, sorry!!!

Now go off and play with yourself :o

Just an error on my part, sorry!!!

Now go off and play with yourself :o

Oh welcome to the boards Heike!! LoL!! Hmmmm, That's such a nice gesture!! :rolleyes:

Refering to your double posts, I made that comment because I didn't understand how you can post the same content in this thread at different times. The first batch at 4:44 & 5:14 and then the second batch at 9:45 & 9:50. It gets pretty annoying and I'm sure I'm not the only member here who feels like this.

Before you speak again, remember to respect those that have been on these boards longer than you have.

Oh welcome to the boards Heike!! LoL!! Hmmmm, That's such a nice gesture!! :rolleyes:

Refering to your double posts, I made that comment because I didn't understand how you can post the same content in this thread at different times. The first batch at 4:44 & 5:14 and then the second batch at 9:45 & 9:50. It gets pretty annoying and I'm sure I'm not the only member here who feels like this.

Before you speak again, remember to respect those that have been on these boards longer than you have.

I was just trying to edit the post, but couldn't find the edit button, so I just hit the back button and I was back to where I started.

You have brought to my attention what I was doing. THANK YOU!

GOOD NIGHT! :rolleyes:

I was just trying to edit the post, but couldn't find the edit button, so I just hit the back button and I was back to where I started.

You have brought to my attention what I was doing. THANK YOU!

GOOD NIGHT! :rolleyes:

You don't have the privilege to edit your posts since you're not a Premium Member.

Canada need a professional football (soccer) league, if Canadian Federation really want to climb up positions on the ranking.

A professional league would make the sport more popular in the country and open oportunity for new talents to come and develop the game. With a good background for development, Canada would have a stronger team.

They play football in Canada?

Among other things

The majority of the youth in Canada that have the ability to develope into high level athletes choose other sports over football to play. This means that the best possible athletes are going into hockey, American football etc. Therefore the qaulity of athlete left for football is lower, therefore not as good as countries that have their best athletes in football.

Canada need a professional football (soccer) league, if Canadian Federation really want to climb up positions on the ranking.

A professional league would make the sport more popular in the country and open oportunity for new talents to come and develop the game. With a good background for development, Canada would have a stronger team.

If it counts for anything. MLS (Major League Soccer) is expanding into Canada. Toronto FC will debut this summer. Vancouver and Montreal are the next likely candidates to enter MLS.

If it counts for anything. MLS (Major League Soccer) is expanding into Canada. Toronto FC will debut this summer. Vancouver and Montreal are the next likely candidates to enter MLS.

Yeah, I was about to say, just like baseball, the only way soccer will progress significantly in North America is to open the league to a few Canadian franchises.

Yeah, I was about to say, just like baseball, the only way soccer will progress significantly in North America is to open the league to a few Canadian franchises.

Yeah, it just works that way in North America. Canada and the USA share various sports leagues across borders: NBA (National Basketball Association), NHL(National Hockey League), MLB(Major League Baseball), NLL(National Lacrosse League), and now MLS(Major League Soccer)...Did I miss any other league?

Yeah, it just works that way in North America. Canada and the USA share various sports leagues across borders: NBA (National Basketball Association), NHL(National Hockey League), MLB(Major League Baseball), NLL(National Lacrosse League), and now MLS(Major League Soccer)...Did I miss any other league?

Archived