Fifa Ranking

Italy is #1 in FIFA World Ranking.

I know now everyone on here will say that that ranking sucks...that Italy doesn't deserve...and etc so on...

But this is the ranking, I cannot do anything to change it! ;)

Of course I'm :lol: !!!!

1 Italy

2 Brazil

3 Argentina

4 France

5 Germany

6 England

7 Netherlands

8 Portugal 1262

9 Czech Republic

10 Spain

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
England @ 6! I think we're prob about 10th at best on current form!

If that, a lose to Croatia and a tie to Macedonia, not looking good.

rankings mean nothing, sure its nice when your team is ranked high, but rankings don't win tournaments.

So what? This is only 2007. It's normal in a post-WC year. I mean who cares?

ok, calm! It was ironical.. btw you seemed to take it seriously when the US were upper.

Rei, we don't need it for our egos to be on that top 10 list every year (which nobody believes anyway).

well, we don't too.. We really don't care much if we we are first or what else.. We won the WC and that's what really counts. :P

Scum at the top of the FIFA World Rankings (with all due respect to those who since suited up after that undeserved World Cup)? OH PLEASE!!! I will continue to say they DO NOT DESERVE EVERYTHING FROM IT!!! ALL of their records from that to the present (and to 2012) MUST be annulled! They MUST be BANNED!!! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

If FIFA had any guts whatsoever, strip the Dirty Rotten Cheating Corrupt Scandal Scum of that undeserved title of theirs--I have never witnessed a team in the FIFA World Cup win it and cheat their way to it while setting a poor example for teams everywhere --and give the title to someone else. It's time to clean the damn house in Italian soccer from top to bottom!!!

World Cup 2006 Champions: (title vacated and stripped by FIFA from Italy--Dirty Rotten Cheating Corrupt Scum)

Chile at 34th... yeah ;)

In these year, I'm sure we will be over the 25th and climbing...

Probably, FIFA ranks means nothing when two teams are in a match... but it reflects some things. The new system is pretty good... probably some teams are still overrated, but we don't have such an idiot rank with Mexico 3rd and the US 4th over Germany and Italy.

Anyway... congrats to Italians :)

Of course, Germany should have at least the third place in the rankings... But I don't consider the fifth place unfair either. It proves that there's still work to do if the team wants to become European Champion in 2008 and World Champion in 2010. Some other teams simply are still a little bit more effective (especially in dead-ball situations), although the German team certainly has improved its performance a lot since last year.

Certainly!

This time last year your team were in real trouble, seemingly. It was only once you were into the world cup that you started playing like a decent team (even the first match, though exciting, wasn't convincing for Germany from what I remember, Costa Rica wasn't it?)

Yes, but unlike many other tournament teams (especially those which were able to play the respective tournament in front of a home audience) and also unlike many other previous German teams the current German team has achieved to persevere its great tournament form even for the post-tournament time and the matches in front of foreign audiences (see the Euro qualifiers in San Marino and Slovakia). Even now, more than half a year after the World Cup, it plays a lot more effective than it did last winter. And that's why in Germany it's considered a realistic goal that the team strives for the title as European Champion and next World Champion.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't know about you guys, but this is got to be a major embarrassment for the Canadian men's team. It is now ranked in the lowest ranking ever in its history: in the TRIPLE digits. And, this comes months before the country hosts the U-20 tournament. What is going on here? Is Canada losing its talented players to worthy international clubs because of the "anemic" attitudes amongst those in charge of making Canadian soccer "successful"?

Oh, by the way, the ARGENTINE team is now NUMBER ONE!

Link: CBC: Canada Falls To Number 103 In FIFA Rankings

Archived