2007 Cricket World Cup

Ireland performed well, as we knew they would after we played them last summer. They had us in trouble at one stage but 266 was always likely to be enough on that pitch. We know we need to step up a gear for the bigger tests to come, but there's no reason why we can't make the semi-finals ourselves.

i just think it will be a dufficult ask for you against australia, south africa, sri lanka etc. Especially after your loss to new zealand in the pool games and not gaining those extra two points will make it even harder!

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just remember what Allan Border once said - "Anybody can beat anybody in one-day cricket". We know, from what we've done this winter, that we can beat anybody in the world on our day. Then again, we can also lose to anybody aswell. Losing to you guys has made it harder for us, but three wins out of the next five games and we should be there.

Just remember what Allan Border once said - "Anybody can beat anybody in one-day cricket". We know, from what we've done this winter, that we can beat anybody in the world on our day. Then again, we can also lose to anybody aswell. Losing to you guys has made it harder for us, but three wins out of the next five games and we should be there.

true... anything is possible, but you will definately have to beat australia and with the way they are playing it will definately be a tough ask!

But seemingly not when Australia face Bangladesh. A mismatch yesterday in Antigua. Today's contest sees the West Indies play Sri Lanka in Guyana. I think it's a must win match for the hosts.

well sri lanka have just beaten the west indies! It is the West Indies third straight loss

They're looking very good indeed, as long as the players stay fit, which has been a bit of an issue.

Today, South Africa have beaten Ireland by seven wickets in a rain-affected match in Guyana. Tomorrow, the action switches back to Antigua for a crunch game for England as we face Sri Lanka. Time to step it up, boys.

Would have helped if we'd got the right end of the decisions for a start. Vaughan simply didn't hit the ball that Bowden gave him out to and I'm convinced Bell was in as well. I'm also wondering about the last ball. For people who didn't see it, Fernando ran in but did not release the ball. Bopara, who played magnificently, was then bowled on the second occasion. A touch of gamesmanship, perhaps.

Would have helped if we'd got the right end of the decisions for a start. Vaughan simply didn't hit the ball that Bowden gave him out to and I'm convinced Bell was in as well. I'm also wondering about the last ball. For people who didn't see it, Fernando ran in but did not release the ball. Bopara, who played magnificently, was then bowled on the second occasion. A touch of gamesmanship, perhaps.

england has to beat australia in their next game if they have any chance of making the semi finals! What are your thoughts, do you think they will win

What a shame, England came undone way back when it played NZ - and lost. They were given the hardest road to hoe.

When very desperate, England can beat Australia, the latter's arrogance will be it's undoing.

England are not out of it yet!

Realistically speaking, I expect England to lose to Australia on Sunday, which would leave us needing to win all our remaining games to have some sort of chance of making the semi-finals. But, there is no reason why we can't beat them. We have beaten them very recently, on their own soil, so we do know what it takes.

Realistically speaking, I expect England to lose to Australia on Sunday, which would leave us needing to win all our remaining games to have some sort of chance of making the semi-finals. But, there is no reason why we can't beat them. We have beaten them very recently, on their own soil, so we do know what it takes.

thats right anything can happen in one-day cricket. England need to win and it is definately possible!

I just don't see why everybody apparently seems to view the game tomorrow as a must win. Before this stage began, everybody was talking about eight points being enough for a semi-final place. We would still be able to get to eight points. We wouldn't be done just yet.

Big upset in Guyana today, with Bangladesh beating South Africa by 67 runs.

massive result for bangladesh! This must give England and the West Indies a better chance at making the semi finals!

Well done Bangladesh!!!

Boy has THIS WC been the best so far...

Now England and West Indies are still in with a chance, and New Zealand has an even better chance of getting a better position in the semis.

Well done Bangladesh!!!

Boy has THIS WC been the best so far...

Now England and West Indies are still in with a chance, and New Zealand has an even better chance of getting a better position in the semis.

yea we just have to beat ireland on tuesday! With the way the games have been going anything is possible

And England's total being made to look inadequate, with Australia currently 177 for 2 after 36 overs.

australia beat england by 7 wickets! not good for england and it looks like their world cup campaign could nearly be over

Archived