Sexual Harassment & Abuse In Sport

Guardian

Yesterday, the IOC Executive Board made a statement in fighting sexual harassment and abuse behavior in sport. Some nations may get scrutinized by this ruling, but who knows what may come out from the decisions made here.

Link: IOC: IOC Adopts Consensus Statement On Sexual Harassment And Abuse In Sport

G, why do you think some countries will get scrutinized?

I think it is behind the times actually. Sheldon Kennedy(sp), hockey player who attempted to have a national agenda to make sports safer starting with children. I think that was over 13 years ago. I worked on a program here in 1999 with a hockey player turned social worker turned lawyer....where we brought issues of any type of abuse from sexual abuse to racial abuse to the code of ethics/disciplinary guide...it should always be about safety.....

again built on excellence, integrity and honour

what the heck happen to the honour system?

did someone steal it?

Some British journalists made a bit of a fuss in the past about how Chinese athletes were being treated, in their native country, about these issues heading toward the 2008 Olympic Games. This is one example on how some people in the world could see sport as an "abusive apparatus" for "collective gain." I mean, Canada seems remotely going about the same way toward Vancouver 2010, too. Pierre Lueders seems to have said it in that way, when asked about Canada's potential in the Olympic Games on home soil and against the record Canada has about it then.

Some British journalists made a bit of a fuss in the past about how Chinese athletes were being treated, in their native country, about these issues heading toward the 2008 Olympic Games. This is one example on how some people in the world could see sport as an "abusive apparatus" for "collective gain." I mean, Canada seems remotely going about the same way toward Vancouver 2010, too. Pierre Lueders seems to have said it in that way, when asked about Canada's potential in the Olympic Games on home soil and against the record Canada has about it then.

oooo kkk I get you.... thanks for xplaining...I do agree..though especially when you are host nation you should always in so much as one can, guarantee safety....in all that means: drug free... sexual harrassment free......

I think it was Don Cherry who said: I went to a fight last night and a hockey game broke out...

I am feeling that more and more with global and national sporting....we are being so much more about everything else rather than the initial intended purpose....ATHLETICISM.....SPORTING.......ENDURANCE.....DISCIPLINE.......REWARD.

......DEFEAT........COMPETITION ( with others but mostly with SELF)...SKILLS......TALENTS......ASPIRATIONS...........

where does one have time to be inappropriate? tsk tsk

Archived