Beijing 2008 Sponsorship Pins

SkiFreak

Coke pins should be out soon, and are usually available to the public.

But other than Coca-Cola pins, most of the sponsor pins are usually only for the employees of the company (i.e. McDonalds, AT&T, GE, Kodak, Disney,Visa, Delta, NBC..just to name a few), but can be found on EBay and traded at the Olympics easily.

Coke pins should be out soon, and are usually available to the public.

But other than Coca-Cola pins, most of the sponsor pins are usually only for the employees of the company (i.e. McDonalds, AT&T, GE, Kodak, Disney,Visa, Delta, NBC..just to name a few), but can be found on EBay and traded at the Olympics easily.

Actually, the sponsorship pins are not reserved just for employees. What I have done is go to the host Olympic committee's website and see who is sponsoring the games, then go to the corporate website of those companies and either contact them via e-mail or snail mail. I did get a Torino pin from Visa through the mail as well as a CBC Torino pin. For the 2010 games I've gotten in the mail, pins from the following: Rona, Petro Canada, RBC, Bell, and HBC. Sponsorship pins are usually available as soon as the host Olympic committee picks a logo, in the case of Vancouver, Bell was the first to have pin out.

Usually Coke is the only company where you have to pay for the pins as they set up the trading stations. However, for Torino, here in Canada they cross-promoted with Petro Canada and you could a get a free Coke Torino pin if you bought 2 bottles of Powerade.

I was just asking in my first post if anyone has gotten any pins from any of the sponsors specifically for the 2008 games, just to see what's available.

• 2 months later...

I collect the pins used by each team during the Games. You can get some now, but I know that some of these are hard to get, and can be pretty expensive. Its the risk you take because you dont know if they will be available during the Games.

• 2 weeks later...