Can you see the "Nest"?

Xu Wen-Ting

They chose the right design for that stadium. The other finaslists I saw don't come close to it.

The best Olympic stadium design ever!

I don't know -- maybe I'll have to see it completed to form a final opinion, but the stadium's design still reminds me rather of a prison cell then of a bird nest.

Nevertheless, I'm thrilled that the construction is proceeding so well and that it shall be completed by the end of the year. What a contrast to Athens!

They chose the right design for that stadium. The other finaslists I saw don't come close to it.

mmmm~!designer is form France :;):

Huh? No native Chinese involvement in the overall architecture of the place?

mmmm~!designer is form France :;):

Huh? No native Chinese involvement in the overall architecture of the place?

In fact the national stadium is designed by two groups.

One is China Architecture...? group, the other is called "Horzourg & Demelon"(maybe it's rignt) design corporation.

And the main designer are from Switzerland.

He's not from France,sorry,i made a mistake.

I don't know -- maybe I'll have to see it completed to form a final opinion, but the stadium's design still reminds me rather of a prison cell then of a bird nest.

Well it is China. Perhaps they considered that it looks like a prison when deciding whichone to build and will use it as one after the games are over?  :wink:

Well it is China. Perhaps they considered that it looks like a prison when deciding whichone to build and will use it as one after the games are over?  :wink:

falling :hmm:

• 4 weeks later...

I'm a 4th year architecture student so to clarify:

It's Herzog + DeMueron, located in Basel, Switzerland and is regarded as one of the best contemporary firms (they've already won the Pritzker Prize, the Nobel of Architecture). They actually opened an office in Beijing to deal with all the work they are doing in China.

H+dM have also done:

Allianz Arena, Munich

Ricola AG Headquarters + Warehouse

Tate Modern Extension, London

And the Swiss Rail Signal Boxes:

zentrale.jpg

...that's no camera trick with the moree pattern either.

All the major projects have been done by A-List architects thusfar. It's great to see so much great work going on in one place.

Archived