Super Bowl!

LA84

So tomorrow is the biggie. Chicago v. New Orleans and New England v. Indianapolis.

So obviously I would like to see the Bears v. Colts for the Super Bowl.

But I dunno. The Saints are the Cinderella team this year and probably have most of the country rooting for them after Katrina and the whole Super Dome incident. That and I question whether 'da Bears Rex Grossman can hold up to the pressure - he is so inconsistent.

And as good as the Colts usually are they also appear inconsistent. That and New England just always seems to come out on top when it gets down to the end.

Thoughts?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Three? It sure as hell feels like six when I'm attempting to sit through the Superbowl (the one American Football match a year you can get on terrestrial television in this country).

Patience? My God you need it. With all the stopping play every 20 seconds, it feels as though I'm watching a "soccer" match with a ridiculously fussy referee stopping the game all the time. Sport needs flow, and you don't get anything like enough in American football for my personal taste.

It wouldn't necessarily stop me going to the NFL game that's apparently being planned for Wembley later this year, purely out of curiosity more than anything, but it does stop me following it closely.

I WILL not have this thread hijacked by people who do not understand REAL football. So those who don't, or consider kick-ball, a/k/a/ soccer as football as the real football, kindly leave this thread. :P

Now - back to the topic at hand. I would love to see the Bears v. Colts. And hey - we are talking about the 2016 potential Olympic host versus the 1987 Pan American Games host. That's a good thing. B)

Unfortunatly i think it will be the Saints v. New England. <_<

Rex just has to keep his focus steady.

And LA84, here's something that you may appreciate and may want to practice for the Super Bowl

Bear down, Chicago Bears, make every play clear the way to victory;

Bear down, Chicago Bears, put up a fight with a might so fearlessly.

We'll never forget the way you thrilled the nation with your T-formation.

Bear down, Chicago Bears, and let them know why you're wearing the crown.

You're the pride and joy of Illinois, Chicago Bears, bear down.

Can't Wait

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOZu4fL6rBg

I WILL not have this thread hijacked by people who do not understand REAL football. So those who don't, or consider kick-ball, a/k/a/ soccer as football as the real football, kindly leave this thread. :P

Well excuse me for breathing. You sound like one of those people who whinge that rugby union is better than rugby league, or vice versa, and I cannot stand that. Are you really that insecure about your sport?

It may take three hours to play a 60 minute game, but take a stopwatch and start and stop it with each play and you'll find there is only 15 minutes of action and 2 hours and 45 minutes of talk, time-wasting,etc. It's till a lot of fun though, even if both my teams(Seahawks and Eagles) were booted off the road to Miami last week.

We used to have the best of both worlds here in Oz _ the ABC network years ago used to broadcast the NFL match of the week condensed to an hour with all the time outs cut. It was great! It really gave me an appreciation of the game and highlighted the flows and strategies that just don't appear clearly to a newcomer to the game.

When I finally did get to see a live game, I must admit the experience was far more, not boring (the crowd atmosphere wouldn't let that happen), but somehow sterile.

I'm hoping for the Bears, Patriots or Saints (yseah, I know, talk about having nearly all bases covered). That said, I suppose I've put the kiss of death on them and the Colts will come through!

Well excuse me for breathing. You sound like one of those people who whinge that rugby union is better than rugby league, or vice versa, and I cannot stand that. Are you really that insecure about your sport?

Um, Arwebb - you may have noticed the little smiley emoticom - that was meant tongue-in cheek . . .

WOO HOO!!!!! Bears v. the Colts. What an awesome game the Patriots/Colts was. Finally Payton Manning doesn't choke when it comes down to the big one!

Currently the odds makers have the Colts by 7 for the Super Bowl. It's going to be an interesting game. The inexperienced Grossman up against the inconsistent Manning.

Time to do the Super Bowl Shuffle! :lol:

Pity then the Bears will be facing the Colts.

And I'm damn glad that the wretched Evil Empire New England will not even attempt to resurrect their oppression. Football is much better off without them. Everything right now is right, just, and good. For me, it's anyone but Evil Empire New England in the postseason, who only deserve a long run out of the playoffs. Everytime they succeed, it's another strike against the Same Old Sorry Ass Shams (team's name rhymes with it), who I blame for letting that Evil Empire run amok in the last Super Bowl in New Orleans. I've never forgiven them since. :angry:

It's Payton's time to get in, not that punk (rhymes with Rich Go Pass) Tom Brady, the head emissary of evil of Evil Empire New England! Junior Seau is a traitor for ditching the Chargers for the Evil Empire.

Should be a fun Super Bowl with the Bears and the Colts.

In case you're wondering for us Americans, I'll give you a preview of the Superbowl commercials coming next Sunday. Here's a taste so far that has been unvieled:

Coca-Cola will return to the Superbowl for the first time in a decade with :60 and :30 second spots. One is called "Videogame".

A-B will have several TV ads

The much-maligned Kevin Federline (man, that rhymes) will appear in a Nationwide commercial as he dreams of being a rap star whil working in a restaurant.

Emerald Nuts will feature Robert Goulet.

I'll have more tomorrow. www.superbowl-ads.com

Archived