Info about Olympic Reports

Ok - the IOC charter and the Host City contract stipulates that a host city must produce a written document regardiung the entire Olympic operation form bid to completion within 18 months of the Closing Ceremony.  These reports are to be handed to the IOC and can also be produced in limited numbers for public sale.

Basically the reports are used in two ways - they are the official collated results and history of a cities decade long build up to the Games, and also as a historic document used by future bidders, urban planners and other interested parties.

Some host cities have public sales - Atlanta reports for instance can still be found on amazon.com, while others are produced in smaller numbers and distributed without public opportunity to purchase.

On eBay, the Barcelona report tends to be offered for sale for $250 or so.  I bought a Calgary 88 report for $75, and a SLC 2002 report for $125.  My Sydney report was a gift - but I've seen a few only for between $200 to $750 (!!!).

I haven't seen a Moscow report on eBay or elsewhere - however it will be added to the online collection at the LAAAF webpage -

Olympic Reports Online

- in due course.  I have been informed the Seoul, Tokyo and Albertville ones should be online soon.  They tend to post a few new ones every year.

I hope that has helped.

Archived