January Anniversaries

Guardian

As we head toward the future Olympic Games of Beijing 2008, Vancouver 2010, London 2012 and the new host city for the 2014 Olympic Winter Games, I think it is time for me to start monthly anniversaries for both Olympic Winter Games and the Olympiads of the past. That is, the official ones.

First, let us concentrate on January here. The following cities will have their Olympic Winter Games anniversaries this month:

- Chamonix, France: the First Olympic Winter Games of 1924 -> the 83rd. anniversary on January 25th.;

- Innsbruck, Austria: the Ninth Olympic Winter Games of 1964 -> the 43rd. anniversary on January 29th.; and,

- St. Moritz, Switzerland: the Fifth Olympic Winter Games of 1948 -> the 59th. anniversary on January 30th.

Next month, it will be filled with Olympic anniversaries, as some of us already know.

• 3 weeks later...
As we head toward the future Olympic Games of Beijing 2008, Vancouver 2010, London 2012 and the new host city for the 2014 Olympic Winter Games, I think it is time for me to start monthly anniversaries for both Olympic Winter Games and the Olympiads of the past. That is, the official ones.

First, let us concentrate on January here. The following cities will have their Olympic Winter Games anniversaries this month:

- Chamonix, France: the First Olympic Winter Games of 1924 -> the 83rd. anniversary on January 25th.;

- Innsbruck, Austria: the Ninth Olympic Winter Games of 1964 -> the 43rd. anniversary on January 29th.; and,

- St. Moritz, Switzerland: the Fifth Olympic Winter Games of 1948 -> the 59th. anniversary on January 30th.

Next month, it will be filled with Olympic anniversaries, as some of us already know.

Strange you omitted Cortina..

Cortina d'Ampezzo 1956, the VII Winter Olympiad. Its 51st anniversary on January 26th.

This February 10th will be the first aniversary of Torino 2006, is impressive to look how much fast has passed the time :blink:

wow yea a year already its amazing so time flies! THe beijing games are getting closer and closer as well

Archived