The Australian Open

Well,so much for my prediction.The incomparable Williams just swept aside Sharapova in two straight sets in little more than an hour! Maria seemed shell-shocked and stunned,like she had just witnessed a bomb explosion.Her no.1 world-ranking will seem like small consolation,if not outright fraud!

Serena was just awesome,like she was 4 or 5 years ago,stronger and faster than any other woman player.If she keeps this up,she will be the female Federer,in a class of her own and virtually untouchable.How absurd that she is still only officially ranked 14th in the world!!

I'm looking forward to Federer-Gonzalez.If Fernando can play like he did against Tommy Haas then we could be in for a very exciting match.Who knows? But I still tip Roger to prevail!!

Gonzalez will have to maintain the level he has shown in the last three rounds to even win a set. To win the match, he has to hope Federer drops his level, because he has been untouchable so far.

Or unless he loses motivation and calls it a day early, a la Borg.

Don't think so,at least not until he breaks the records.Health and fitness permitting,of course.Roger is very conscious of his tennis history!

Gonzalez gave it his all and each of the three sets was tight but whereas Fernando was clearly exhausted and in some discomfort by the end of the third set,Roger looked as if he had barely broken sweat! That's the difference between Federer and every other player...in the end,he is so much fitter and has so much more stamina than any of them.When his opponents have just about reached the end of their tether,he looks as if he is just about to get started!!

And he is such a nice guy to boot! He even makes it impossible for his opponents to hate him!! B)

Most of the country woke up early in the morning to watch the match... Fernando was incredible but he was so nervious that he couldn't control the pressure of the match... and it didn't happen ever, not even in the Olympics final when he was losing with Massú. Anyway, Federer couldn't crush González like he did with all the other players and Feña really complicated some times to the swiss.

I'm very proud of him... and I know that he will play like this week for a very long time :)

Archived