The Australian Open

Predictions:

Men's Winner: (Federer) But I am aware that Federer has been complaining of exhaustion issues and he isnt physically 100 percent. It may not be as easy as it seems right now.

Women's Winner: (Mauresmo) But this is very wide open. The women's side always wins. However, Mauresmo is my frontrunner because Henin-Hardenne has pulled out, and Maria isn't consistent enough. However, there are players such as Nadia Petrova that could break through this time around.

Is it just me or is anyone else getting the impression that the first Grand Slam of the season seems to be shaping up as one of the more bad-tempered affairs?

It must be the hot,humid conditions in Melbourne that's making everyone so testy.I watched the Federer/Youzhny match and even the normally unflappeable Roger seemed tetchy and out of sorts at times! :unsure:

Focused Roddick beats angry Safin

If he plays like he did against Roddick,then he should take it in straight sets.

ESPN can bugger off,I want him for Britain,we need him so much more!!!! Is there anything we can do to make him take British nationality??? B)

BTW,sticking my neck out but I tip Sharapova to beat Williams in three sets but I reckon that's going to be a close one!!

Archived