Pyeongchang's Bid Book

ghost1

Nice. Almost all of the bidding cities are presenting very fast their bid books, i'm hoping the Pyeongchang candidacy will be better than the 2010, which talking about it, it was very good already after all, too sad they lost with just a few points against Vancouver, when they deserved too to win (maybe the Pyongyang missile crisis was a negative factor for South Korea candidacy).

I'm really hoping that they won the games (anyway i admit that the other ones, specially Sochi, are pretty hard rivals) is a little boring to see another european olympics (specially after seeing that they are not putting much attention now to this events like their footbal league matches and sort of things, remember Athens & Torino ''average'' audiences that pissed a lot the fans (and one of the things that made the baseball to be excluded from the IOC chart program)

Rav3n, PyeongChang's loss to Vancouver for the 2010 Winter Olympics had nothing to do with North Korea and such related news. For me, it was the lack of knowledge about Korea's winter sports experience and, possibly, Un-Yong Kim's alleged role in some manner was the culprits. Chief among this was how the downhill alpine skiing event was going to be held. This is my speculation, but since the European IOC and FIS members were not confident about how it was going to be staged in PyeongChang before, it was pretty much a "safe bet" about Canada's readiness to hold the downhill event. Hence, Vancouver got the nod, but PyeongChang really made things interesting for the IOC back in 2003.

There is also that theory about European countries wanting the Summer Olympics 2012... and so affecting New York City's bid.... but of course, this is only a theory....

There is also that theory about European countries wanting the Summer Olympics 2012... and so affecting New York City's bid.... but of course, this is only a theory....

Well, with the way the NYC bid organizers did to shoot themselves in the foot then, I didn't think it would have made any difference in the end. Paris was considered a strong contender to get the 2012 Games that some of us really didn't see the big strides the London bid was using to try to usurp that French one. So, even if Vancouver did get the 2010 Winter Olympics by whatever factors there was, the 2012 Games bid sweepstakes was one for the ages in IOC history. Like, it was a major battle royale between the capital cities of past/current world major powers and the biggest city of an existing superpower. We could see that again, but that will take a long while to pan out like that.

Archived