China: Future Mega-Superpower Empire?

Guardian

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, it seems that the terms of "Hong Kong" and "elections" is going the way of "mixing oil with water":

Beijing Blocks Hong Kong Election

NPC Standing Committee to make decision on HK election matters

cctv.com 04-26-2004 09:31

The 10th National People's Congress Standing Committee held its ninth session in Beijing on Sunday. China's top legislative body is poised to make a decision on issues relating to selection of the Hong Kong chief executive in 2007 and the formation of the SAR's Legislative Council in 2008.

At Sunday's NPC plenary sessions and subsequent panel meetings, lawmakers discussed the report submitted by Hong Kong Chief Executive Tung Chee-hwa on constitutional development, as well as opinions expressed by the region's everyday people.

NPC chairman Wu Bangguo attended the talks where the Standing Committee formulated a draft decision on methods to select Hong Kong's chief executive in 2007 and forming the Legislative Council a year later. Lawmakers were of the opinion that these methods need to be "amended appropriately" in accordance with Tung's report, the opinions of the State Council and the Hong Kong people.

Editor:Chen  Source:CCTV.com

i reallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy think that's not fair to HongKong.

i think "One country two system" is a good idea from Deng Xiao-Ping,but i think now it is not a good action.

i support HongKong forever!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for the consecutive BBC posts here. This time, it's the state visit by Premier Wen Jiabao to the United Kingdom. On the last paragraph, he is reported to saying that European companies will have opportunities to bid for construction contracts for Beijing 2008:

Chinese Premier In First UK Visit

China opposes US delegation visiting Taiwan

cctv.com 05-19-2004 09:21

China's Foreign Ministry is opposing US plans to send a delegation to the Taiwan leader's inauguration on May 20th.

Foreign Ministry spokesman Liu Jianchao said the move sends a wrong signal to the Taiwan authorities, and that will hamper stability across the Taiwan Straits. He urged the US side to keep its promise of abiding by the one-China policy and the three Sino-US joint communiqués. Liu Jianchao also urged the US side to handle the Taiwan issue properly, and refrain from doing anything that may harm relations with China. The US delegation will be headed by Jim Leach, a senior Republican congressman.

Editor:Zhang  Source:CCTV.com

100571_hometaiwan.jpg

CCTV INTERNATIONAL

Chinese official: "Taiwan independence" doomed to failure

A senior Chinese official has warned the leader of the Taiwan region and his followers that any move towards "Taiwan independence" is doomed to failure.

Ma Man-kei, vice-chairman of the National Committee of the Chinese People's Political Consultative Conference, said the Chinese government will never tolerate "Taiwan independence," adding that the Chinese people regard safeguarding the reunification of the country as an undertaking worth more than their lives.

Ma Man-kei said: "The statement on the current cross-Strait relations issued by the Taiwan Affairs Offices of the CPC Central Committee and the State Council is very important and very timely. Four years ago, Chen Shui-bian made a promise about the 'five no's policy'. But his behavior has betrayed that promise, taking a separatist stance. No matter who becomes Taiwan region's leader, if the one-China policy is recognized, any issue across the Straits can be discussed between both sides, and cross-Straits peace and stability can be maintained. Otherwise, it will create disaster for Taiwan compatriots. I hope Chen Shui-bian and his followers will stop splitting the country and not belittle the staunch will of the whole Chinese people."

Editor:Wang  Source:CCTV.com

CCTV NEWS

I really think that China is a very interesting and "colorful" country. Soon the worlds main superpowers will be China and USA and then the "lower powers" will be Japan, UK, France, Germany and possibly Canada, Italy, Spain and some S. American and Africa countries.

Makes me wonder how the EU would be put in this kind of situation.

I really think that China is a very interesting and "colorful" country. Soon the worlds main superpowers will be China and USA and then the "lower powers" will be Japan, UK, France, Germany and possibly Canada, Italy, Spain and some S. American and Africa countries.

Now i think China is only big,but not strong enough,and i still think China should learn more from those strong developed coutries.

World need China,and also China need world. :)

And China won't forget their international friends.

Now i think China is only big,but not strong enough,and i still think China should learn more from those strong developed coutries.

World need China,and also China need world. :)

And China won't forget their international friends.

Just as long as this scenario doesn't go overboard and get into people's heads badly that the world will polarize once more and turns it into WWIII.

• 2 weeks later...

Not again! Is this starting to become a regular occurance now? I remember that this has happened to a few embassies in Beijing before. However, it is sad that this scenario is the only hope for some people from North Korea:

North Koreans In Beijing Asylum Bid

Not again! Is this starting to become a regular occurance now? I remember that this has happened to a few embassies in Beijing before. However, it is sad that this scenario is the only hope for some people from North Korea:

OOOhhh,no no no no no no

I really don't hope it will happen.

You know that China is not that China before 50 years ago...So i think...China should get farther and father from North Korea ,not Korean people,but Kim goverment,and get more closer to South Korea.

Now the relationship between China and South Korea is better and better,and i really hope it will bring good chance to North Korea to get more clsoer to South Korea...

Lots about China in this post from the BBC:

a) jail for 11th. richest man in China:

Chinese Magnate Given Jail Term

B) no more on-line video games:

China Censors Online Video Games

c) an almost "no-no" to Britney Spears:

China Tells Britney To 'Cover Up'

d) bank lending in China:

China Tightens Banking Checks

e) Harbin Brewery:

China Brewery Takeover Hots Up

OOOhhh,no no no no no no

I really don't hope it will happen.

You know that China is not that China before 50 years ago...So i think...China should get farther and father from North Korea ,not Korean people,but Kim goverment,and get more closer to South Korea.

Now the relationship between China and South Korea is better and better,and i really hope it will bring good chance to North Korea to get more clsoer to South Korea...

So much for that:

North Koreans Risk Lives For Freedom

Archived