China: Future Mega-Superpower Empire?

Guardian

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Off-topic wise, it could become a world-wide menace to some "pure nationalists." It is "happening" as we speak. For example, according to BBC, foie gras is now being made more in China than France with even more better quality. France is losing the "war" in marketing their own native cuisine in this regard to a "foreign invader."

France is with foie gras here, it is now the British with fish-and-chips:

The Beijing Chippy

Nice. Good luck to China...they're gonna challenge Japan for the best country in Asia fo sho, the way things are going. :P

About China's predominance in Asia,i have to say that's not China goverment want in fact.And now i should say that China is still have a very long diatance between Japan and Korea,and i think China still need Japan and Korea(North and South,i hate add these two words).

Now the situation between Korea and China is very good and that's really a exciting great progress.But one thing i still don't wanna mention is the relation between Japan and China.Many people say that it's so "interesting" the relation between Japan and China.The entertainment,culture and economy is sooo hot between these two couturies,but the political problems between China and Japan is out again and again,and i think that's really think there's history problem and many other things in it,and "the people's reliance index each other"(人民互信指数) is both not very high...that's really a hard thing to understand.And the things like that is the same between Korea and Japan,but some thing different is that "the people's reliance index each other"(人民互信指数) in Korea is much lower than Japanese,just that there are more Japanese people have good reliance to Korean than Korean to Japan.

I really hope that Japan Korea and China will get a strong Oriental group to develop alll the fields of these coutries and do more good thing to help other Asian countries which need help from us.

Asia should start a "A.U." Asian Union... Starting with the orients (China, Korea, Japan).

This will help start that trend of unity, healing, and helping in Asia.....

Asia should start a "A.U." Asian Union... Starting with the orients (China, Korea, Japan).

This will help start that trend of unity, healing, and helping in Asia.....

dear andrew8

"A.U" is very hard thing for all the Aisan coutries,different nations,different religions,that's so many different points to Europ.

Just i think Japan Korea and China is ok i think.

• 3 weeks later...

An Asian Union is an excellent idea. However I wonder if this idea is practical in reality, consider that China is particularly big, compare with Korea and Japan, not to mention other Southeast Asia countries. Even I'm a Chinese I don't want to see an Asian Union which is dominated by China, coz it will harm the interest of our neighbours.

It just like the EU don't want Russia to join in.

Maybe we should think of other methods of cooperation in the region.

• 2 weeks later...
Ah,i heard this news on tv.

And the ShenZhou VI will be send in 2005.

Is it an "another Chinese man in space" mission for this flight?

By the way, did anyone get to see news of monkeys in China (eastern part, I think) doing some diving into a small pond of sorts today?

Haha, you are pointing to another very hot issue in China, the drying of the yellow river. It is partly due to the grobal climate change, and partly due to the environmnetal demage along the river in the last 100 years (esp. during the readical political movements between 1950s to 1970s, many trees were cut down "for rapid industrialization").

Most Chinese people don't want the yellow river dry out, coz it was the birthplace of the Chinese civilization, just like the Nile of Egypt.

It also leads to another issue, which is the lack of water in Northern China. Many northern cities, say Beijing, Xi'an (the ancient Chinese capital) and Tianjin, are all lack of water. There were even suggestions to move the Chinese capital from Beijing to the rich-of-water Central or Southern China.

Currently the cnetral is carrying on the "Transfermation of Water from the South to the North". Which means to connect the Yangzi River system to the Yellow River system, and to send water to the dry North.

But in long run, planting more trees and improve the environmental condition are the solutions.

Shanghai is planning to build the Universal Studio. However the news said that this project maybe delay.

I've also heard about another Disneyland in Shanghal. However the Disney has said that currently there are no time table for the second Disneyland in China. They will decide whether to build another one or not onyl after the Hong Kong Disneyland open.

By the way, for your information. What Disney decided to build a Disneyland in China, Hong Kong and Shanghai was the two finalists. Other competitors incuded Guilin and Zhuhai. Finally, of coz, Hong Kong won. At that time the mayor of Shanghai was quite angry, as they promised FREE land but still failed. Well, of coz, in my eyes there are far more advantages in Hong Kong which are more attractive than FREE land. For example, we have a very clean government, and excellent support in all aspects.

Being a Hong Kong people, I certainly don't want to see another Disneyland in Shanghai. You know, we are keen competitors! :;):  :;):

Will the disneyland in China be basically the same as the one in America? Such as like the Tommorowland, Toonland, etc. ?

I know that the Universal studio in Japan is exactly the same as the one in California....

Archived