China: Future Mega-Superpower Empire?

Guardian

Well, on relation to the Beijing Olympic Games, it will be the most expensive ever. Going into the multi-billions, it is only a front of what may come.

Off-topic wise, it could become a world-wide menace to some "pure nationalists." It is "happening" as we speak. For example, according to BBC, foie gras is now being made more in China than France with even more better quality. France is losing the "war" in marketing their own native cuisine in this regard to a "foreign invader."

What could be next? The list is unlimited and ripe for the taking. I could list everything, believable and unbelievable, that will enrage people here.

Is it good or bad? Since China is so attractive to the world's businesses and investment apparatuses, who knows what will happen.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

China has advanced so quickly in the last decade (going to space).

And a lot of countries are dependent without China's economic benefit.

China will become the next superpower... undoubtly.... Once 2008 comes, they have established themselves as an international power...

China has advanced so quickly in the last decade (going to space).

And a lot of countries are dependent without China's economic benefit.

China will become the next superpower... undoubtly.... Once 2008 comes, they have established themselves as an international power...

It could mean a shift of relations between China and the whole Korean peninsula as we know today. It won't be easy in the future.

Right now, South Korea is preparing for the time when China becomes a superpower.

For example, the city of Incheon is improving their ports and making their city more hightech to have better tradings with China in the Yellow Sea. A lot of hightech buildings and industries, etc. are being upgraded or to be completed by 2008 area... I wonder why 2008 (hint)?? Seoul plans to create a new hightech district with the World's tallest building by 2008... I believe Japan is also preparing for China also.

I think Japan is going to resist more than help China. The two countries have still some issues that needs to be resolved soon.

I think Japan is going to resist more than help China. The two countries have still some issues that needs to be resolved soon.

mmm...Japan still have some issues with many Asian couturies,South Korea and North Korea and also other coutries.I think that's Japan her style :cool:

About China and North Korea,i still have a very sanguine attitude.Because that South Korea still reliance that China development is not threat but chance for Korea.

Personally, i think that China should learn more from Korea.The Korean's cohesion and the Korean's good way of life.

in fact China still need a long time to develop,about 2020,China will have a better situation. About being a super power....2050??? who knows? but i still believe that it's a good thing for the world peace and balance. and i still believe that China won't like some couturies become a EMPIRE. :)

China does have a lot to learn still from the rest of the world per se. However, it is getting there to being a nation to reckon with. With that, it will have to delve with issues that could get sensitive and burn. In other words, it will not be easy.

Xu Weng Ting

I need a small help from you ^_^

what does this Hanji mean?

桓 (huan)

I'm very confused with the meaning...

Also, I would have given you a private message to you but your mailbox is full... SO I had to ask the question through this topic. Sorry for being off topic.

Xu Weng Ting

桓 (huan)

Also, I would have given you a private message to you but your mailbox is full... SO I had to ask the question through this topic. Sorry for being off topic.

According to my pocket dictionary this character is used as a surname. By as far as I know not a common one. :)

Xu Weng Ting

桓 (huan)

According to my pocket dictionary this character is used as a surname. By as far as I know not a common one. :)

That is one surname I haven't heard before. Man, I thought my surname is rare.

Xu Weng Ting

桓 (huan)

mmmmmmmmm....

it is often used in names expecially antiquity of Chinese.

China is big and getting bigger, however on the whole it is reliant upon western investment and in most cases licensed and borrowed technology to advance its economy. In contrast the USA sustains its supremacy through its own endeavors and knowledge.

In saying that China is still young in capitalist terms and in time it will develop the research and Development base to sustain and consolidate its economic growth.

Xu Weng Ting

桓 (huan)

mmmmmmmmm....

So, you don't know the meaning?  :cry:

My grandpa once told me it stood for "Bright"... But I wanted to verify it because I kept getting differnt definition... like "Variety of trees"...

My name in Chinese characters is

李定桓

Chinese: Lee Ting Huan (Mandarin)

Korean: Ee Jung Hwan

Xu Weng Ting

桓 (huan)

mmmmmmmmm....

So, you don't know the meaning?  :cry:

My grandpa once told me it stood for "Bright"... But I wanted to verify it because I kept getting differnt definition... like "Variety of trees"...

My name in Chinese characters is

李定桓

Chinese: Lee Ting Huan (Mandarin)

Korean: Ee Jung Hwan

You could know more about "桓" from this writing.

"木"+"亘"="桓"

"木"=tree and "亘"mean long life and perpetuity.

It's easy to expain.That mean that your family hope you will have a long and bright life and like a tall tree--straight and honesty.

and i think "bright" is just one meaning of "HUAN"

your name in Mandarin is "Lee Ding Huan" ,sound nice. :laugh:

Well, Ripley, here's something you want to see, especially the last sentences on this BBC article about Zimbabwe:

Zimbabwe Woos New Asian Tourists

Mugabe is not long for this world! He is a total hypocrite....killing and stealling from his own people to just hand over their property to a foreign government! No doubt Mugabe or his army cheifs made a lot of $US out of this deal!

Well, Ripley, here's something you want to see, especially the last sentences on this BBC article about Zimbabwe:

Zimbabwe Woos New Asian Tourists

Mugabe is not long for this world! He is a total hypocrite....killing and stealling from his own people to just hand over their property to a foreign government! No doubt Mugabe or his army cheifs made a lot of $US out of this deal!

Mugabe, unfortunately, needs to get money from somewhere.

Xu Weng Ting

桓 (huan)

means a wooden pillar used as a sign to show where the rest room or millitary office is in classical Chinese languang.

But now, it means ornamental columns in front of metropolis, palaces, tombs, ect. It is often used in family names. :)

"fois gras with even more better quality"

:laughlong: what a joke ! it's only a copy without quality like the rest of chinese economy ! the rocket that china launched was the copy of a russian rocket... and it's only an example...

Howerer and it's a remark, we make better kimono that no asian country in Paris lol

And =>>> the only oriental sister of Paris is Bucarest, french architects went there to built a lot of buildings and help local architects to organize well streets and so on (even learn to them in Paris Architect School how to work), I ever heard a french architect do the same huge work in China ! Ok, we do the chinese national opera of Beijing and so on, but it doesn't make a city Paris sister... lol

A last thing = China has a so poor land (waters, minerals ect...) compared to its huge population, that i can assure you that for a very long time, this country will need the world to survive...

:laughlong: what a joke ! it's only a copy without quality like the rest of chinese economy ! the rocket that china launched was the copy of a russian rocket... and it's only an example...

Howerer and it's a remark, we make better kimono that no asian country in Paris lol

And =>>> the only oriental sister of Paris is Bucarest, french architects went there to built a lot of buildings and help local architects to organize well streets and so on (even learn to them in Paris Architect School how to work), I ever heard a french architect do the same huge work in China ! Ok, we do the chinese national opera of Beijing and so on, but it doesn't make a city Paris sister... lol

A last thing = China has a so poor land (waters, minerals ect...) compared to its huge population, that i can assure you that for a very long time, this country will need the world to survive...

what do you think who you are?

Christ? ???

From what you said that i only want to say that you're a ignorant guy to China. you need know much more about your countury and other foreign counturies. :glare:

Christ? ???

From what you said that i only want to say that you're a ignorant guy to China. you need know much more about your countury and other foreign counturies. :glare:

http://www.hivdent.org/publicp/inter/ppinAKCF102003.htm

PEACE !  :;):

Christ? ???

http://www.hivdent.org/publicp/inter/ppinAKCF102003.htm

PEACE !  :;):

I don't know what you wanna attest.

But i think there's one thing you should pay attention that China has the biggest population of the world. And the disabled population is as big as England. How can explain to you?

You need to know that AIDS is spreading in China just like that in US 15 years ago.Because that China starting reform and open at 1980,nearly about the same time AIDS came into China. Who could calculate with a still percent? At the same time China goverment still do a lot of works on this, i believe that it'll be controled soon.

And i think it's a abstract phase for AIDS in China.I think there's nothing. You could think about what the sitiation that the AIDS emerge first in the world. The percent was also very terrible too right?

Archived